hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If turnover is halved like the club are predicting then RG would need to put in millions to maintain last year's budget. I'd much rather that much was invested sensibly in a well thought out growth plan than chucked at a single season gamble to be honest.
    I wouldn’t, I’d rather we took advantage of the situation that we find ourselves in. Every club will be looking at the model you describe.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Come on we can’t function on what ifs. The consensus is that fans will be back later this year and full stadiums early next year.
    Those are both "what ifs" as neither is guaranteed.

What is guaranteed is that for the first part of the season there will be no crowds. The club has to budget based on that known fact.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    So we shouldn’t show any ambition then?
    Not this summer, no, I don’t think we should.

If we can’t afford it we shouldn’t spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not this summer, no, I don’t think we should.

If we can’t afford it we shouldn’t spend it.
    If Ron Gordon puts the money in we can afford. The club should in normal circumstances be able to generate enough money to be self sufficient, but during times when that’s not possible we need Ron to step up to the mark.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Those are both "what ifs" as neither is guaranteed.

What is guaranteed is that for the first part of the season there will be no crowds. The club has to budget based on that known fact.
    I’m aware of that and that’s why I’m saying Ron Gordon needs to put his money where his mouth is. I’m not asking for reckless spending or putting the club into debt, I’m asking the guy who bought a football club to show us if he’s the real deal or if he’s just playing at the game. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    My winks are not suggesting anything
    I happen to enjoy this emoji.
    We are in a different situation from the AGM when he said no to a new share issue.
    Yeah, he has now significantly overpaid and will be even less keen on diluting his ownership.

I don’t get the focus on shares. It’s the least of our worries.

The best thing we can do now is support financially without expectation of much more than getting through this.

I’m aware of that and that’s why I’m saying Ron Gordon needs to put his money where his mouth is. I’m not asking for reckless spending or putting the club into debt, I’m asking the guy who bought a football club to show us if he’s the real deal or if he’s just playing at the game. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
    If Gordon ponys up then the club will be in debt to him.

In my life I restrict my spending when my income goes down, instead of borrowing money that I'll need to repay. I have no problem with Hibs taking the same approach.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    I think this is ridiculous.

Why the aggressive language towards him?

He’s put money in, things have changed dramatically and his support and advice will be critical.

Expecting him to keep chucking millions of pounds of his own money isn’t fair.

If Gordon ponys up then the club will be in debt to him.

In my life I restrict my spending when my income goes down, instead of borrowing money that I'll need to repay. I have no problem with Hibs taking the same approach.
    He owns the club he should be supporting it financially, not loaning us money. We’ll learn a lot about his intentions in the next few months.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I agree, totally awesome 👏 we came back into the premier as a fired up club, revitalised and renewed given the hurt of relegation. Fantastic journey ❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It was a joy when watching SJM, Dylan, Marvin, Daz and JC.......same as it was a joy when watching us win it with Latapy, Lovell, Mixu and Pat McGinley

You need to win it - and did you not enjoy/celebrate the last Championship win ? We had a great side, great football, full houses - to me, that said it mattered to a fair few
    It sounds so good perhaps we should swap places with Hearts and save Scottish football

He owns the club he should be supporting it financially, not loaning us money. We’ll learn a lot about his intentions in the next few months.
    He has supported us financially, by repaying the loan from Farmer and providing £1m of working capital.

Very unfair Sir Tom did not throw his money about rightly praised for saving us but ran a very tight ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think this is ridiculous.

Why the aggressive language towards him?

He’s put money in, things have changed dramatically and his support and advice will be critical.

Expecting him to keep chucking millions of pounds of his own money isn’t fair.
    It’s not aggressive. I think it’s perfectly legitimate to question whether he’s here to make us the club he set out when he arrived or if he’s just another rich guy who wants to say he owns a football club. I’m not coming down on any side on this, I’m only giving my opinion on what I think he should do and he may still do that.

United we stand here....

He has supported us financially, by repaying the loan from Farmer and providing £1m of working capital.
    That was the price of buying the club.

United we stand here....

Some people getting themself a bit worked up. Cant believe people are slating the club as they make necessary changes to ensure we don't get into major debt.

The club are 100% doing the right thing and are preparing for a worst case scenario. It may be 18 months before fans are allowed into stadiums (unlikely I know). Rangers players have not had wages for 2 months. Hearts have slashed wages across the board by 30%. Celtic players have had substantial reductions to their salaries.

Some mentalists on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Very unfair Sir Tom did not throw his money about rightly praised for saving us but ran a very tight ship.
    I think it’s widely acknowledged that Farmer didn’t really want to be the owner of a football club, he came to our rescue when we needed him most and we should be eternally grateful for that. Ron has come in because he wanted to be here.

United we stand here....

I think it’s widely acknowledged that Farmer didn’t really want to be the owner of a football club, he came to our rescue when we needed him most and we should be eternally grateful for that. Ron has come in because he wanted to be here.
    You have backed yourself in to corner and it appears you want to defend every post that does not fit your narrative that Ron MUST splash the cash NOW. Perhaps you need to take step back and watch the events over the next few weeks and take a more informed stance. If not your fingers will be aching defending that stance.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    We won’t be able to cut our costs in half so he will likely need to support us financially.

You have backed yourself in to corner and it appears you want to defend every post that does not fit your narrative that Ron MUST splash the cash NOW. Perhaps you need to take step back and watch the events over the next few weeks and take a more informed stance. If not your fingers will be aching defending that stance.
    I’m not backing myself into any corner, I’m merely giving my opinion and responding to posters who have replied to my posts, just as I’m doing now. I can only give you my opinion of what I believe should happen, others might not agree with it which is fair enough.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Folk are being very naïve if they think that the answer to all of this is RG putting in some of his own money and we continue to employ and pay the same as before. I said on another thread that I work for a multi billion pound company and have already been told no pay rise and no bonus. We have also slashed budgets by eye watering amounts, I am talking hundreds of millions compared to last year's spend. All because consumers are not buying the product. Hibs are absolutely no different to any other business if consumer spend goes down, costs need to be cut or the business goes tits up. Our income is likely to be halved by all accounts so what should we do? Go massively into unmanageable debt, to banks or RG, or cut back. I think we are doing the right thing. It's great to see the uptake in HS but let's not forget that others have the same sort of thing and they are also in the shut. Aberdeen say they will have a £9m defecit and are loosing £1m per month. I still don't believe that RG has anything other than the best of intentions for Hibs but I also don't believe that he is going to chuck millions our way either

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    We won’t be able to cut our costs in half so he will likely need to support us financially.
    I hope he does so in a way that makes us all excited about the future.

United we stand here....

I’m not backing myself into any corner, I’m merely giving my opinion and responding to posters who have replied to my posts, just as I’m doing now. I can only give you my opinion of what I believe should happen, others might not agree with it which is fair enough.
    I will reply then too I don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Folk are being very naïve if they think that the answer to all of this is RG putting in some of his own money and we continue to employ and pay the same as before. I said on another thread that I work for a multi billion pound company and have already been told no pay rise and no bonus. We have also slashed budgets by eye watering amounts, I am talking hundreds of millions compared to last year's spend. All because consumers are not buying the product. Hibs are absolutely no different to any other business if consumer spend goes down, costs need to be cut or the business goes tits up. Our income is likely to be halved by all accounts so what should we do? Go massively into unmanageable debt, to banks or RG, or cut back. I think we are doing the right thing. It's great to see the uptake in HS but let's not forget that others have the same sort of thing and they are also in the shut. Aberdeen say they will have a £9m defecit and are loosing £1m per month. I still don't believe that RG has anything other than the best of intentions for Hibs but I also don't believe that he is going to chuck millions our way either
    I’m sorry but hibs and football clubs are different from normal businesses. How many football club owners are in it to make money? Tell me the last person to have owned hibs and made money?

United we stand here....

I will reply then too I don't agree
    I already knew that

United we stand here....

I've just been onto HSL website, with a view to donating a one-off amount, and when I click on the "donate" button, it takes me to the monthly d/ds to "acquire shares", so I clicked on the "single payment", which I'm still minded to do, but it strikes me that the website content is not only short in detail, it's also way out of date - with the last "news update" way back on the 4th of February that Stephen Dunn has stepped down from HSL Board.

If you're a brand new visitor to the site, you'd think the main purpose of HSL was still to purchase shares in the club.

If there's any HSL people reading this, I'm sorry to be so critical but the site and the whole "message" you're trying to put out needs a re-boot.

Someone posted a link to the AberDNA site on here, and it's like night and day compared to HSL; what you get for your donations, discounts on season tickets, etc, in short a snappy initiative, obviously ran in conjunction with the cooperation and involvement with Aberdeen FC - surely HSL and Hibs could produce something similar?

Lastly having read back the club announcement, it's the last line that strikes me as the most telling from Leeann Dempster: "We understand not everyone is able to help as they might in these difficult times, however if you can help, we thank you for it."

How about for every £ supporters are being asked to put in, then Ron Gordon matches it, Leeann?

Last edited by Scotty Leither; 17-06-2020 at 08:34 PM.

I’m sorry but hibs and football clubs are different from normal businesses. How many football club owners are in it to make money? Tell me the last person to have owned hibs and made money?
    And the it is with the naivety. Hibs are absolutely no different to any other business. Money coming in needs to balance as much as possible to money going out. If not, massive debt and financial trouble ahead. Twice in my life I've seen Hibs in that state, early 90s and early 00s. Don't want to go back there again

And the it is with the naivety. Hibs are absolutely no different to any other business. Money coming in needs to balance as much as possible to money going out. If not, massive debt and financial trouble ahead. Twice in my life I've seen Hibs in that state, early 90s and early 00s. Don't want to go back there again
    I agree and I haven’t suggested we do. I’m suggesting our owner puts some of his money in to cover the temporary shortfall. The guy at Dundee Utd seems to be doing that.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    We aren’t different in the sense that money in needs to at least equal money out or someone has to foot the bill.

For our level of owner he wants to add value to sustainably grow the club and I’m sure in normal circumstances he would have done.

I’ve no expectation that any Hibs owner is going to be comfortable losing multiple millions of pounds.

I agree and I haven’t suggested we do. I’m suggesting our owner puts some of his money in to cover the temporary shortfall. The guy at Dundee Utd seems to be doing that.
    So we would be in debt to RG. Just as we were in debt to STF. STF sold up as he got a decent return eventually but that as after Hibs paying him for a number of years. Debt is debt. Dundee Utd will find themselves in the **** at some point if they don't reduce their salary to turnover ratio. 135% of turnover to wages is unsustainable for a club with a support no bigger than 7/8000. No owners, unless mega rich like Abramovich, are going to chuck money away. I hope none of that sounds like a criticism of Sir Tom.