hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 301 to 316 of 316
  1. #301
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    24,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we are all Hibs.

    if that includes Ron Gordon, and he has a few quid lying around, then itís only natural to think he might want to help.

    and yes, Hibs must be run sustainably and self sufficiently. I actually would find it unpalatable to support a club like Man City who get billions thrown at them, where is the joy or pride in any success as a result of that?

    however, sustainability and self sufficiency donít come into it when something completely outside the clubs control is threatening itís very existence. Which is where we are now.

    as for jealousy about the guys wealth... you couldnít be more wrong.
    Hibs aren't making any demands of anyone, they are just telling us how it is with our finances and the impact. The fans are deciding themselves what they can and can't do to help.

    Equally, we should not be demanding anything of Ron Gordon. He will be doing what he can to help and support us through this but he seems to be attracting negative comments and challenges because he hasn't just said he's going to hand over millions of pounds again.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #302
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    24,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the moment we have one director from HS on the board
    MR S Dunn resigned as an HS director
    Both directors are nominated by Hibs to serve on HS bosrd
    I am not adking or seeking RG to dilute his share holding
    Outside HS and RG share ownership there is 18 percent of shares in other hands
    Some of these share holders would like to give or sell their shares to HS
    AS HS is the second biggest shareholder it is fair that they have representation in its own right on the Hibs BODS
    The person who serves in that position will have serve on the board and not have a joint duty of legal care to both individual companies
    You aren't telling me what material benefit Hibs would get from having an HSL representative on the board.

    And you are asking 1 of 2 things, or both to get HSL another 10%.

    You would either want RG to dilute his ownership, which is he is absolutely not going to do, or you want supporters donations from HSL to be used to give to other small shareholders instead of going to the club.

    There's little evidence that small shareholders want to give or sell anymore of their shares away. People like having their shares in Hibs and they are all going to be just as protective of Hibs as HSL.

    I'm amazed that anyone would think that getting an HSL director on to the board is worth all of the HSL money for the foreseeable future going into the hands of other supporters instead of to the club.

    We shouldn't forget that shares through HSL were available for a long time before RG came along and there was very little appetite.

  4. #303
    Promising Youngster Thomo2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    The Albion Bar
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Some of the attitudes to the guys we've had owning the club are a bit perplexing. Jealousy of people having made money I suppose.
    So all these fans over the years who have complained about the likes of Tom Hart, Kenny Waugh, David Duff, Tom Farmer and now Ron Gordon only did so because they were jealous of them? I thought it was because of lack of investment and a perceived lack of ambition. I never considered it to be out of jealousy.

  5. #304
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,928
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try not to see it through me as an individual. I personally would prefer to contact Hibs directly to donate.

    I am trying to look at the broader picture and work out if there is an additional way of reaching out to all the Hibs fans who are looking to donate extra money.

    There is an argument that for tax efficiency reasons HSL would be the best and only method which may be true but we don't want to disregard any supporters who are looking at alternatives more suitable for them

    I will leave it there and make this my last contribution as there does seem to an inbuilt attitude (Not you) that if you aren't part of or you dont want to join the HSL club then you don't matter.

    I would suggest Hibs are facing a £4m deficit and everyone's cash matters.
    I understand your point of view, but I donít understand why youíd prefer to go straight to the club. But thatís your opinion and your desire.

    In a time of crises I do not agree that people should be picky about how they donate money, HSL has been running smoothly for 6 years or so. The club needs the cash, HSL is there, it shouldnít be something people have to think about.

    I would urge you to reconsider your position, and to at least go to HSL as a start. If the club choose to set up a system where you can put money directly in to the club then you can change to that.

  6. #305
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You aren't telling me what material benefit Hibs would get from having an HSL representative on the board.

    And you are asking 1 of 2 things, or both to get HSL another 10%.

    You would either want RG to dilute his ownership, which is he is absolutely not going to do, or you want supporters donations from HSL to be used to give to other small shareholders instead of going to the club.

    There's little evidence that small shareholders want to give or sell anymore of their shares away. People like having their shares in Hibs and they are all going to be just as protective of Hibs as HSL.

    I'm amazed that anyone would think that getting an HSL director on to the board is worth all of the HSL money for the foreseeable future going into the hands of other supporters instead of to the club.

    We shouldn't forget that shares through HSL were available for a long time before RG came along and there was very little appetite.
    I think that HS can add another point of view when it has its own director on the Hibs board
    That is a benefit to have a fresh outlook from a HS director

    There are hibs share holders who would give their shares to HS freely and some who would be given a small amount of money for HS to buy their shares.

    HS was able to aquire 15.4 percent of the shareholding
    And even if it was able to aquire all the shares outside RGs ownership he would still own 67 percent of the club
    I am not asking RG to dillute his 67 percent
    I would like to see the share holders who have shares be able to give the shares to HS if that is their wish
    If you are concerned about this resulting in HS reducing their donation to Hibs it could state that they will accept shares given from other shares holders as long as they are freely given to HS as a donation

    The share issue is not a priority at present and can be revisited in the future.

  7. #306
    Testimonial Due Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Kelty Fife
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,167
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21

  8. #307
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    26,015
    I've seen one article in the Evening News about the increase in membership but haven't seen any other publicity (so far).

    I'm in no way criticising the efforts of those running HS(L), but I think there's still massive scope for getting the message out there on a much bigger scale.

    Has anyone approached the club to assist in this in any way? As far as I understand it, there's no longer any legal issue preventing that (as the shares part is off the table).

  9. #308
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the future
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen one article in the Evening News about the increase in membership but haven't seen any other publicity (so far).

    I'm in no way criticising the efforts of those running HS(L), but I think there's still massive scope for getting the message out there on a much bigger scale.

    Has anyone approached the club to assist in this in any way? As far as I understand it, there's no longer any legal issue preventing that (as the shares part is off the table).
    Getting the message out to the wider Hibs support is crucial. I'm sure HSL are aware of this. Word-Of-Mouth to fellow supporters is important too.

  10. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21


    how do you go about doing this

  11. #310
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21
    I assume that you sponsored someone last year too. I emailed to say I was interested in sponsoring a strip or boots and was thinking of to contact them again in a month as they were talking to existing sponsors first

  12. #311
    Testimonial Due Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Kelty Fife
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume that you sponsored someone last year too. I emailed to say I was interested in sponsoring a strip or boots and was thinking of to contact them again in a month as they were talking to existing sponsors first
    Yes, I sponsored Tom James kit last season, I emailed the club offering to sponsor again this season. I saw on the official Website that Jamie had no sponsor and requested his kit. This was agreed and I paid.

  13. #312
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,638
    Overseas fans could also be a great target , Hibs supporters groups in various countries ,a great way for them to be part of the club.


    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #313
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,199
    For those who were asking, there are no tax advantages to anyone for donating to HS.

  15. #314
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21

    Nice one GGTTH

  16. #315
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is that each and every one of the people criticising RG would love to have something approaching millions in the bank. Some, I am sure, will have ambitions and are striving to do so and I would not be surprised if some already have significant sums to hand. This, IMHO, is not about standing on principle but is about not being able to climb down from the anti Farmer/Petrie hobby horse and associating HSL with a fabled Ponzi scheme. Itís just too big a step to take to realise you were wrong all along.
    Very good post Central Line and I think it is an accurate description of the situation sadly

  17. #316
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I sponsored Tom James kit last season, I emailed the club offering to sponsor again this season. I saw on the official Website that Jamie had no sponsor and requested his kit. This was agreed and I paid.
    Thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)