hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we are all Hibs.

if that includes Ron Gordon, and he has a few quid lying around, then it’s only natural to think he might want to help.

and yes, Hibs must be run sustainably and self sufficiently. I actually would find it unpalatable to support a club like Man City who get billions thrown at them, where is the joy or pride in any success as a result of that?

however, sustainability and self sufficiency don’t come into it when something completely outside the clubs control is threatening it’s very existence. Which is where we are now.

as for jealousy about the guys wealth... you couldn’t be more wrong.
    Hibs aren't making any demands of anyone, they are just telling us how it is with our finances and the impact. The fans are deciding themselves what they can and can't do to help.

Equally, we should not be demanding anything of Ron Gordon. He will be doing what he can to help and support us through this but he seems to be attracting negative comments and challenges because he hasn't just said he's going to hand over millions of pounds again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    At the moment we have one director from HS on the board
    MR S Dunn resigned as an HS director
    Both directors are nominated by Hibs to serve on HS bosrd
    I am not adking or seeking RG to dilute his share holding
    Outside HS and RG share ownership there is 18 percent of shares in other hands
    Some of these share holders would like to give or sell their shares to HS
    AS HS is the second biggest shareholder it is fair that they have representation in its own right on the Hibs BODS
    The person who serves in that position will have serve on the board and not have a joint duty of legal care to both individual companies
    You aren't telling me what material benefit Hibs would get from having an HSL representative on the board.

And you are asking 1 of 2 things, or both to get HSL another 10%.

You would either want RG to dilute his ownership, which is he is absolutely not going to do, or you want supporters donations from HSL to be used to give to other small shareholders instead of going to the club.

There's little evidence that small shareholders want to give or sell anymore of their shares away. People like having their shares in Hibs and they are all going to be just as protective of Hibs as HSL.

I'm amazed that anyone would think that getting an HSL director on to the board is worth all of the HSL money for the foreseeable future going into the hands of other supporters instead of to the club.

We shouldn't forget that shares through HSL were available for a long time before RG came along and there was very little appetite.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Some of the attitudes to the guys we've had owning the club are a bit perplexing. Jealousy of people having made money I suppose.
    So all these fans over the years who have complained about the likes of Tom Hart, Kenny Waugh, David Duff, Tom Farmer and now Ron Gordon only did so because they were jealous of them? I thought it was because of lack of investment and a perceived lack of ambition. I never considered it to be out of jealousy.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Try not to see it through me as an individual. I personally would prefer to contact Hibs directly to donate.

I am trying to look at the broader picture and work out if there is an additional way of reaching out to all the Hibs fans who are looking to donate extra money.

There is an argument that for tax efficiency reasons HSL would be the best and only method which may be true but we don't want to disregard any supporters who are looking at alternatives more suitable for them

I will leave it there and make this my last contribution as there does seem to an inbuilt attitude (Not you) that if you aren't part of or you dont want to join the HSL club then you don't matter.

I would suggest Hibs are facing a £4m deficit and everyone's cash matters.
    I understand your point of view, but I don’t understand why you’d prefer to go straight to the club. But that’s your opinion and your desire.

In a time of crises I do not agree that people should be picky about how they donate money, HSL has been running smoothly for 6 years or so. The club needs the cash, HSL is there, it shouldn’t be something people have to think about.

I would urge you to reconsider your position, and to at least go to HSL as a start. If the club choose to set up a system where you can put money directly in to the club then you can change to that.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    You aren't telling me what material benefit Hibs would get from having an HSL representative on the board.

And you are asking 1 of 2 things, or both to get HSL another 10%.

You would either want RG to dilute his ownership, which is he is absolutely not going to do, or you want supporters donations from HSL to be used to give to other small shareholders instead of going to the club.

There's little evidence that small shareholders want to give or sell anymore of their shares away. People like having their shares in Hibs and they are all going to be just as protective of Hibs as HSL.

I'm amazed that anyone would think that getting an HSL director on to the board is worth all of the HSL money for the foreseeable future going into the hands of other supporters instead of to the club.

We shouldn't forget that shares through HSL were available for a long time before RG came along and there was very little appetite.
    I think that HS can add another point of view when it has its own director on the Hibs board
    That is a benefit to have a fresh outlook from a HS director

There are hibs share holders who would give their shares to HS freely and some who would be given a small amount of money for HS to buy their shares.

HS was able to aquire 15.4 percent of the shareholding
    And even if it was able to aquire all the shares outside RGs ownership he would still own 67 percent of the club
    I am not asking RG to dillute his 67 percent
    I would like to see the share holders who have shares be able to give the shares to HS if that is their wish
    If you are concerned about this resulting in HS reducing their donation to Hibs it could state that they will accept shares given from other shares holders as long as they are freely given to HS as a donation

The share issue is not a priority at present and can be revisited in the future.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21

I've seen one article in the Evening News about the increase in membership but haven't seen any other publicity (so far).

I'm in no way criticising the efforts of those running HS(L), but I think there's still massive scope for getting the message out there on a much bigger scale.

Has anyone approached the club to assist in this in any way? As far as I understand it, there's no longer any legal issue preventing that (as the shares part is off the table).

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I've seen one article in the Evening News about the increase in membership but haven't seen any other publicity (so far).

I'm in no way criticising the efforts of those running HS(L), but I think there's still massive scope for getting the message out there on a much bigger scale.

Has anyone approached the club to assist in this in any way? As far as I understand it, there's no longer any legal issue preventing that (as the shares part is off the table).
    Getting the message out to the wider Hibs support is crucial. I'm sure HSL are aware of this. Word-Of-Mouth to fellow supporters is important too.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Just done another wee bit to help by sponsoring Jamie Gullan's training kit for season 20/21

how do you go about doing this

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I assume that you sponsored someone last year too. I emailed to say I was interested in sponsoring a strip or boots and was thinking of to contact them again in a month as they were talking to existing sponsors first

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I assume that you sponsored someone last year too. I emailed to say I was interested in sponsoring a strip or boots and was thinking of to contact them again in a month as they were talking to existing sponsors first
    Yes, I sponsored Tom James kit last season, I emailed the club offering to sponsor again this season. I saw on the official Website that Jamie had no sponsor and requested his kit. This was agreed and I paid.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Overseas fans could also be a great target , Hibs supporters groups in various countries ,a great way for them to be part of the club.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    For those who were asking, there are no tax advantages to anyone for donating to HS.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Nice one GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    The thing is that each and every one of the people criticising RG would love to have something approaching millions in the bank. Some, I am sure, will have ambitions and are striving to do so and I would not be surprised if some already have significant sums to hand. This, IMHO, is not about standing on principle but is about not being able to climb down from the anti Farmer/Petrie hobby horse and associating HSL with a fabled Ponzi scheme. It’s just too big a step to take to realise you were wrong all along.
    Very good post Central Line and I think it is an accurate description of the situation sadly

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Yes, I sponsored Tom James kit last season, I emailed the club offering to sponsor again this season. I saw on the official Website that Jamie had no sponsor and requested his kit. This was agreed and I paid.
    Thanks