hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Why would we wear hoops on our 150th anniversary? It wasn't our first strip. Wear all white as has been said. Hoops are known to be celtics and they can keep them. We can always tell them about their history when the subject comes up

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That idea would back fire on us I'm afraid. A wee bit like sleeping with someone, who then married your cousin and remained married for years and years. You may pump her again, but you would know and everyone else know that she is your cousin's wife.

We have long given up hoops and to be honest I can see why, its a pretty ugly style.
    I see what you did there. I'm definitely envisaging Celtic shirts and caravan sites.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    The white one looks nice with the badge. Maybe white tracksuit bottoms with a green stripe.
    Shell Suit Bob is alive and well and living in Manilla😉

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    A few teams across the world have made certain strips synominous with their particular club. Our green with white sleeves being one an Celtic in green and white hoops being another. Celtic actually played in stripes for a couple of decades it wasnt until the turn of the century and a good 20 plus years after we played in hoops (we droped them in 1879) before Celtic adopted them. Infact Rangers played in hoops before Celtic did.

Hoops are for rugby. They never look good on football teams.

Not for me.

The 140th anniversary Pat Stanton style top with a gold harp which was available in the club shop proved very popular.

James Stephens idea of our first strip, white top with a gold harp, as the official strip for our 150th anniversary season , sounds good to me.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have seen some guy on Facebook selling hooped jerseys with "HFC" on the front, based on a replica of the early Hibs shirt of the same.

Seems to have gone down well with a particular constituency within the Hibs support, but I don't get the "wind up Celtic" argument either.

I do wonder if some of those boys have a "wee thing" for Celtic, even secretly.

Not for me, ta.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    I would have no problem with it per se, and i would quite like us to reclaim some ownership in some ways.

But i think it should be our first strip, which i think was white, and it should have a big gold harp on the left breast, and no sponsor.

I think it would be a huge hit.
    This seems to be appropriate to me rather than any fixation on "the hoops".

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Absolutely not.

Plain white top with a retro badge on it for the season would be amazing.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No matter the ins ans outs and rights and wrongs, I am sure that the marketing guys would say a big fat no.

@hibs.net private member
    I have to hold my hand up and plead guilty to having once put on a Celtic top, but I have an excuse.

Once upon a time, my Uncle in Bermuda hosted the Lisbon Lions for a Barbecue (longish story) - from which there are some incredible photos of the whole lot of them sitting around his living room pissed as farts - and as a gesture of appreciation, Billy McNeil gifted him his training top. So, being pretty impressed by my Uncle's tale - all backed up with photographic evidence mind - I was moved enough to pose for a photo in McNeil's shirt.

That occasion apart I have never and would never consider wearing a Celtic shirt. BUT - A Hibs strip with hoops would be different and the secret is in those two words - HIBS STRIP. If it was a Hibs strip I would have no hesitation at all in wearing it with pride regardless of the colour scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    That idea would back fire on us I'm afraid. A wee bit like sleeping with someone, who then married your cousin and remained married for years and years. You may pump her again, but you would know and everyone else know that she is your cousin's wife.

We have long given up hoops and to be honest I can see why, its a pretty ugly style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Wtf
    His cousin's wife is ugly...what's so hard to understand?

Absolutely no chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’d rather wear black and white as a congratulations to St Mirren for staying up

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    As much as it is a fact that we wore the green and white hooped jersey before Celtic came on the scene, it is a fairly unique shirt that Celtic have long claimed identity of themselves.

Nothing really to be gained by adopting it again ourselves for an anniversary other than petty digs and point scoring.

Bleep that to the thread title.

I love our iconic green body and white sleeves, which is why I loathed the green t-shirt effort a few years ago. But I'd be fully in favour of changing our shirt to an all white one that reflects our very first strip when our 150th season comes up.

But only for that one season
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Aye a white strip without sponsors name on it

I wonder how many cup final shirts we'll be able to bring out before we're 150?

Left by mutual consent!
    Just to let them know we wore Hoops before them, YES I WOULD.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk