hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is that on the assumption that no one is going to move and everyone sits still?

It’s not viable, only way it works is put basic sanitisers etc in place, and a enter at your own risk disclaimer.

You couldn’t move along rows or pass anyone on staircases or walkways.

It’s unlikely the government even allow gathering 50+, never mind thousands. Folk are struggling to even book weddings for later in the year due to size of the party.

I think this is all wishful thinking rather than actually viable.
    I think you need to go and take a look at the actual risks involved in walking past someone and also take a wee thought at what the number of infections/deaths will be come Autumn.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    That article is from 3rd March, we are 3 months on, Government guidance and research into CV has evolved quite a bit since.

Why are we bothering to keep 2 metres apart in streets and shops etc if it can only be passed on if you are in contact for 15 mins or more.

There’s no way all the safe guidance can be complied with, if we’re happy to just do best we can and folk happy to take the risk and government allow gatherings of thousands then fine but it will be impossible to comply with all the social distancing guidelines.

What happens when someone touches a bannister washing up the stair, is everyone wiping surfaces down behind them.
    What happens when you touch a supermarket shelf or a product that someone else has just picked up and put back 2 mins before you fancied it.

Honestly, you’re making it out that you are going to watch the football sitting next to the grim reaper.

That article is from 3rd March, we are 3 months on, Government guidance and research into CV has evolved quite a bit since.

Why are we bothering to keep 2 metres apart in streets and shops etc if it can only be passed on if you are in contact for 15 mins or more.

There’s no way all the safe guidance can be complied with, if we’re happy to just do best we can and folk happy to take the risk and government allow gatherings of thousands then fine but it will be impossible to comply with all the social distancing guidelines.

What happens when someone touches a bannister washing up the stair, is everyone wiping surfaces down behind them.
    You would only get enough viral load from someone breathing after about 15 minutes. If they cough or sneeze it can be virtually instant. You would hope nobody would go to a game with covid symptoms but then again ...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    What happens when you touch a supermarket shelf or a product that someone else has just picked up and put back 2 mins before you fancied it.

Honestly, you’re making it out that you are going to watch the football sitting next to the grim reaper.
    I sat next to him for a few seasons. Moany twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I sat next to him for a few seasons. Moany twat.
    A shining beacon of positivity compared to certain ER patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    A shining beacon of positivity compared to certain ER patrons.
    Haven't seen him since we won the Scottish Cup.

maybe the filth need to as will be selling their tynecastle for flats soon.

Is there a chance the SRU are wanting to spend a bit of cash to make social distancing easier and are hoping Hibs and hearts pay for a bit of it?
    Might be things like. Using only every second row, and removing enough seats from the empty rows to allow them to be used as the walkways to get to your seat without shuffling past people?
    Building semi permanent queuing systems to allow people to enter safely etc?
    I'm all for it, but I think we are talking more like 5,000 at a game than 12,000. If my season ticket could be used every second game, I'd be delighted

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure about this - how are we all getting to the ground? I live in Leith so will need to get on bus, potentially a packed bus, to then socially isolate outdoors. Not sure the logic of that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    You would only get enough viral load from someone breathing after about 15 minutes. If they cough or sneeze it can be virtually instant. You would hope nobody would go to a game with covid symptoms but then again ...
    Problem is the vast majority of people are asymptomatic. This is why I struggle to see how we get 16k people from around Edinburgh and the central belt to one venue, whilst also socially distancing before, during and after.

[QUOTE=macca70;6194069]There’s certainly no point putting life’s at risk including our own family and friends when the guidance from medical experts and government is to not have crowds over certain size and strict social distancing is in place.
    /QUOTE]

We’re not talking about it happening tomorrow though. It’s at least a couple of months away, probably longer. By that time, the advice might have moved on.

There does come a point where we need to try and move on with things (even if it’s doing things differently) or we’re all going to be stuck in the house for the rest of our days.

It might not happen but it would be silly not to look at other ways of getting crowds back in to stadiums once we manage to get the games going.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Great idea to get everyone who wants to, getting to live games, if the cost was free it be a no brainer, it if Hibs are expected to pay costs then it might be better ( financially) to remain at ER with live game screening
    Last edited by whiskyhibby; 05-06-2020 at 08:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What month is this being discussed as a possibility

It's fighting through the food riots to get there that's putting me off, tbh.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don’t it has ever been a viable possibility and won’t happen hence the virtual ST announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I think you need to go and take a look at the actual risks involved in walking past someone and also take a wee thought at what the number of infections/deaths will be come Autumn.
    You’ll not be allowed gatherings of 100+ come autumn never mind 10000.

You been asleep for 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    It's fighting through the food riots to get there that's putting me off, tbh.
    What with all this pandemic sideshow I'd forgotten about Brexit...😉

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

The reports on this just said that there were discussions between the SRU and the Edinburgh clubs, and that the SRU were open to providing Murrayfield as a venue for football, if required.

There weren't any other details given.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    What with all this pandemic sideshow I'd forgotten about Brexit...😉
    I miss the old days when Brexit, Philip Schofield and Prince Andrew were headline news

If there`s talk of Hibs playing home matches at Murrayfield with say 8000 of 10000 STHs turning up , could Edinburgh City and other clubs in lower divisions from east of Scotland play home matches at Easter Road ? Obviously problems with pitch but some work to be done to stadium first .

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    You’ll not be allowed gatherings of 100+ come autumn never mind 10000.

You been asleep for 6 months?
    There’s more than 100 people at my boys school and they’ll be back by then.

More than 100 people working in call centres and offices that’ll be back by then.

More than 100 people at supermarkets every day.

More than 100 people at all these protests going on this weekend.

Gatherings of people are unavoidable, if you don’t let people into a stadium they’ll go to smaller enclosed places in folks houses to watch games which is probably far more dangerous. (The government aren’t naive, they’ll know that’ll happen, regardless of advice)

I don’t think we’ll go from no fans one week to full stadiums the next, there’ll need to be a plan for the bit inbetween, something like games at Murrayfield would make complete sense to me.

Seems it’s ok for 10s of thousands to protest in Manchester and London today and very little social distancing. Idiots.

Unless we get a 2nd wave (and I mean Scotland not England which is inevitable now) then I would expect a 25-20% capacity with strict measures and face masks in, out and any movement.

Even if you only have 1 seat between you and people around you that means 6 seats each. If you use the more sensible 2 between each that's 15. If they enforce 2 metres all round we'll all be taking up about 60 seats. There's not a stadium in Scotland that will get 10,000 supporters in anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Even if you only have 1 seat between you and people around you that means 6 seats each. If you use the more sensible 2 between each that's 15. If they enforce 2 metres all round we'll all be taking up about 60 seats. There's not a stadium in Scotland that will get 10,000 supporters in anytime soon.
    There will be no spectators back until we can all go, social distancing in a football stadium or a rugby one will never be done as far as I am concerned hence the various TV packages soon to be offered. It wouldn’t be financially viable either for a club like Hibs to play their home games at a venue they would have to rent.

It would only be viable if social distancing wasn't in operation, which makes me ask what would be the point, in that case you might just as well re open Easter Road. If the two meter rule was still in operation a queue of 1000 people would stretch over a mile, use of the toilets would be out of the question because it would mean people having to pass each other constantly.

At full time at ER folk moan like hell about the wait to exit the east stand ... imagine what that would be like if you had to wait row on row on row for your turn to leave the stadium, it would take bloody hours for some folk to get out

Turnstiles are a problem too ..... every fan passing through would be breathing on or touching them, absolutely every fan would need to use a mask and hand sanitiser before going through or risk infecting the fan behind them. We all know what happens when a goal is scored ... just how far would your Covid - 19 germs go as you jumped up shouting yeeeeesssss, even with a mask on?

Nope ... the only way fans are going to get back in is if social distancing ends, not to mention the advice not to travel more than 5 miles, how many fans live further than 5 miles from either ER or Murrayfield? ... for me its over 30 miles.

And on that note I have passengers from sometimes two different families in my car all of us obviously in a confined space, in the current situation that's an absolute no no .... how many folk will be affected by that and what will it do to the volume of traffic around the stadium?

The problems with this are practically endless as things stand.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 07-06-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    There will be no spectators back until we can all go, social distancing in a football stadium or a rugby one will never be done as far as I am concerned hence the various TV packages soon to be offered. It wouldn’t be financially viable either for a club like Hibs to play their home games at a venue they would have to rent.
    Interesting viewpoint. I think they have learned more and more about his disease and therefore what we think now versus 2 months time might be different.

We could have a daily infection rate of almost zero by August and we might have reduced the 2 meter rule to 1. A 67000 stadium with large entry/exit points may well be the lowest of low risks for say a 20-25% crowd.

I am more than ok with it if and when it’s possible.

I think the reality is this is a potential option later in the year.

I think we will start the season behind closed doors for August and Sept and from October we will be looking to ease fans back into stadiums such as murrayfield or accept only say 5k at Easter road.

Two months of closed door games on tv and then being able to watch game live safely at Murrayfield from October is a more exciting prospect than say 2-3 weeks ago when we had no idea when any football would be back.

Toilets in the East stand at ER could easily have entry and exit.

It’s been brought up many times here before but it’s the issue of sitting in a row that’s a current concern.

Who is paying for this Murrayfield idea ? Hibs or Hearts ? Scottish FA ? Who is paying for the extra stewards to open possibly a full stadium ??

SFA and clubs won’t won’t to pay and Murrayfield isn’t going to be free! No chance.

We will be back at ER watching games.

We are now into phase 1 - we could easily be phase 2 late June as it’s reviewed every 3 weeks.

Add another 3 weeks and you are into phase 3 in middle of July.

The biggie is phase 3 to phase 4 - a vaccine won’t be found anytime soon (if at all) so it’s if the rates all go down like various other countries and no 2nd wave happens - currently very few evidence of 2nd wave in many countries.

The example of supermarkets is interesting as yoi can be close to people then but a quick passing doing mean you automatically get COVID.

What I want to know is Hibs players back training on 15th - but are they going to be tested or ?? Who would pay for this (and don’t say the donation to the league).
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 07-06-2020 at 10:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It would only be viable if social distancing wasn't in operation, which makes me ask what would be the point, in that case you might just as well re open Easter Road. If the two meter rule was still in operation a queue of 1000 people would stretch over a mile, use of the toilets would be out of the question because it would mean people having to pass each other constantly.

At full time at ER folk moan like hell about the wait to exit the east stand ... imagine what that would be like if you had to wait row on row on row for your turn to leave the stadium, it would take bloody hours for some folk to get out

Turnstiles are a problem too ..... every fan passing through would be breathing on or touching them, absolutely every fan would need to use a mask and hand sanitiser before going through or risk infecting the fan behind them. We all know what happens when a goal is scored ... just how far would your Covid - 19 germs go as you jumped up shouting yeeeeesssss, even with a mask on?

Nope ... the only way fans are going to get back in is if social distancing ends, not to mention the advice not to travel more than 5 miles, how many fans live further than 5 miles from either ER or Murrayfield? ... for me its over 30 miles.

And on that note I have passengers from sometimes two different families in my car all of us obviously in a confined space, in the current situation that's an absolute no no .... how many folk will be affected by that and what will it do to the volume of traffic around the stadium?

The problems with this are practically endless as things stand.
    Social distancing of sorts can be in place but withouT it being set at the 2 metres it is as present.

It’s possible to make things easier than they are just now without things returning to as they were before the corona virus, it’s always likely to be a gradual process rather than one week we can’t go, the next we can, it’s about finding safer solutions, a more spread out crowd, clearly would do that.

As for the turnstiles that’s hardly an insurmountable problem, they’ll probably just have stewards on the exit gates using hand held scanners.
    Queuing to exit really isn’t going to be a problem either, people’s mind sets have changed, how many people would have queue to get into a supermarket 6 months ago but just accept it’s the done thing now?

Also worth remembering we’re not talking about returning to matches ‘as things stand’, this is a plan for a phased return in a few months time. Clearly travel restrictions will have eased by then if this is to go ahead.

Testimonial Due
    DR Leitch on Off the Ball was quite supportive and thought a one in four/five ratio would work.