hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The only way to get everyone back while social distancing is in place. All for it.

Someone mentioned on here a few days ago another country (can't remember which one) was going to have stadiums at 25% capacity. If they're at less than 2m for social distancing then I'd guess we might be looking at an even smaller percentage for us. Hopefully it'd be no less than 25% as for most matches we'd be able to get most fans in that want to. Wonder what the plan would be for away fans, perhaps could decide on no away fans if they can sell out.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Makes prefect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone mentioned on here a few days ago another country (can't remember which one) was going to have stadiums at 25% capacity. If they're at less than 2m for social distancing then I'd guess we might be looking at an even smaller percentage for us. Hopefully it'd be no less than 25% as for most matches we'd be able to get most fans in that want to. Wonder what the plan would be for away fans, perhaps could decide on no away fans if they can sell out.
    Poland
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why not? Always wanted to make use of the trams.

If this really is an option, then I'm all for it.

If we're only going to be allowed to use one seat in every four (or whatever), then this makes a much larger stadium the most obvious solution.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 05-06-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If this really is an option, then I'm all for it.

If we're only going to be allowed to use one seat in every four (or whatever), then this makes a much larger stadium the most obvious solution.
    67,000/4 = 16,750. Room for almost every home fan, and definitely every ST holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    67,000/4 = 16,750. Room for almost every home fan, and definitely every ST holder.

It would be interesting if we had a game where we reached the 16,750 capacity. Would we be allowed to say that we had a Sell Out Attendance at Murrayfield?

So is that on the assumption that no one is going to move and everyone sits still?

It’s not viable, only way it works is put basic sanitisers etc in place, and a enter at your own risk disclaimer.

You couldn’t move along rows or pass anyone on staircases or walkways.

It’s unlikely the government even allow gathering 50+, never mind thousands. Folk are struggling to even book weddings for later in the year due to size of the party.

I think this is all wishful thinking rather than actually viable.

Absolutely not, Easter Road is our home where we should play our home games, reduced crowd or not.

Would happily stay at home twice every 3 games if the time I’m able to go it’s played at Easter Road instead of a soulless echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    So is that on the assumption that no one is going to move and everyone sits still?
    Presumably it's by covering the seats and preventing anyone sitting on them, like they're currently doing at Trains Stations, for instance.

It’s not viable, only way it works is put basic sanitisers etc in place, and a enter at your own risk disclaimer.
    Fair enough, I can't see that going down well at Celtc Park and Ibrox

.... Folk are struggling to even book weddings for later in the year due to size of the party.
    Aw come on mate. Everybody knows that weddings are much more dangerous things than football matches....

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    Absolutely not, Easter Road is our home where we should play our home games, reduced crowd or not.

Would happily stay at home twice every 3 games if the time I’m able to go it’s played at Easter Road instead of a soulless echo chamber.

You'd rather miss a game than watch it at Murrayfield?

@hibs.net private member

It’s unlikely the government even allow gathering 50+, never mind thousands. Folk are struggling to even book weddings for later in the year due to size of the party.

This. the other considerations folk going to a from the ground even a crowd of 10,000 would create extreme difficulties.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I’d be swithering to if I’m honest, and I live along the road from Murrayfield. As I’ve said all along I can’t see it happening, I still think it will be all back at Easter Road or none back anywhere at all, no matter how long that may take.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 05-06-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Let’s just cancel football altogether and just give up. There is no point carrying on, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presumably it's by covering the seats and preventing anyone sitting on them, like they're currently doing at Trains Stations, for instance.

Fair enough, I can't see that going down well at Celtc Park and Ibrox

Aw come on mate. Everybody knows that weddings are much more dangerous things than football matches....

True enough. I don’t even regret going to the 2012 final as much as I regret going to my first wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post

Child.

The guidance is you want to avoid being in close contact with someone for 15 minutes so I imagine passing someone in the same row going in or out is very, very low risk and I'd guess they'll be wanting everyone to wear face coverings to reduce the risk.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Child.

If you’re going to resort to name calling you need to realise the irony of your post.

In other words Grow Up!

It's nowhere near as straightforward as you're making it sound.

Left by mutual consent!
    I won't be going to any games, no matter where they're played, while social distancing is in place. It'll be c**p plus I couldn't be bothered with the hassle involved in making it work. Nor will I be watching closed doors games on TV. It would be like watching a training match. Soulless.

I'll be happily donating financially to the club in other ways, but football's not so important to me that I can't wait a while longer to get back to watching Hibs in the way I enjoy.

Left by mutual consent!
    The guidance is you want to avoid being in close contact with someone for 15 minutes so I imagine passing someone in the same row going in or out is very, very low risk and I'd guess they'll be wanting everyone to wear face coverings to reduce the risk.

So no singing either.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I don’t like the idea of my money supporting a sport I’ve no real interest in. I’d also have to board crowded public transport to attend whereas I stay within walking distance of ER at the moment. Better than having to watch it on TV though.

That article is from 3rd March, we are 3 months on, Government guidance and research into CV has evolved quite a bit since.

Why are we bothering to keep 2 metres apart in streets and shops etc if it can only be passed on if you are in contact for 15 mins or more.

There’s no way all the safe guidance can be complied with, if we’re happy to just do best we can and folk happy to take the risk and government allow gatherings of thousands then fine but it will be impossible to comply with all the social distancing guidelines.

What happens when someone touches a bannister washing up the stair, is everyone wiping surfaces down behind them.

That article is from 3rd March, we are 3 months on, Government guidance and research into CV has evolved quite a bit since.

Why are we bothering to keep 2 metres apart in streets and shops etc if it can only be passed on if you are in contact for 15 mins or more.

There’s no way all the safe guidance can be complied with, if we’re happy to just do best we can and folk happy to take the risk and government allow gatherings of thousands then fine but it will be impossible to comply with all the social distancing guidelines.

What happens when someone touches a bannister washing up the stair, is everyone wiping surfaces down behind them.
    Because the guidance has to be set at idiot proof levels. 2m apart is there for one reason only,to keep folk that they know will insist on breaking it at least some distance away. Give them an inch and they will take a mile or give them two metres and they will take one.

Child.

Some irony with this response 😂

Let’s just cancel football altogether and just give up. There is no point carrying on, is there?

There’s certainly no point putting life’s at risk including our own family and friends when the guidance from medical experts and government is to not have crowds over certain size and strict social distancing is in place.

It might get to the point where they just say, enter at your own risk and whoever wants to go to the games can go but now way they can have thousands in a stadium maintaining strict social distancing. It seems to be wishful thinking rather than folk engaging their brain.

I think just getting games on behind closed doors is going to be a result in itself without expecting crowds of 10,000 to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I don’t like the idea of my money supporting a sport I’ve no real interest in. I’d also have to board crowded public transport to attend whereas I stay within walking distance of ER at the moment. Better than having to watch it on TV though.
    That’s just it, it’s not perfect, it’s not what we would want. We all want to be back at Easter road enjoying our new sound system and big screen. We want to be going to the pub for a few pints before and after. We want to be all jumping on top of each other when a winning goal is scored in the last minute. None of that can happen just now though. The club are doing their level best to get fans in to watch games and all some can do is complain that it won’t be like before? Guess what, very little in life is like before just now. Get over it.
    Nobody’s first choice would be Murrayfield but it’s better than not getting to see a game at all.

I totally get that some people are questioning whether they'd go to games at all, due to health concerns.

I'm still not convinced, though, by the argument that Murrayfield with 16,000 fans would be 'soulless' but Easter Road with 4,000 fans would be a much better experience.

I've been in Easter Road numerous times with a lot more than 4,000 people in attendance and the atmosphere completely flat.

I personally don't think playing games there would miraculously improve the atmosphere with only a quarter of the attendees.