hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is trying to rewrite history because history shows Shiels was correctly sent off. History is correct, this bias conspiracy nonsense isn't. Shiels was very silly, Gordon did what every goalie does.
    You obviously dont know what conspiracy means.

And you're wrong. Again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You obviously dont know what conspiracy means.

And you're wrong. Again.
    I'm not wrong and yes, I do know what it means. Its an utterly laughable theory and funny that it is still held against Gordon years later. Plenty of real reasons not to sign him without making some up.

Dean Shiels was very stupid and cost Hibs the match. He scored a penalty to make it 2-2 then pushed the goalie in the face/neck and got sent off. As I've said, as stupid a thing as I've seen a Hibs player do.

Sums up that Hibs team really, brilliant ability but the mental side of things always lets them down.

You can keep calling me wrong all you like, plenty of videos show I'm quite right and the officials who had a perfect view agreed.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    I really liked Andy McNeil and really wanted him to succeed. Always seemed like a decent lad. To be fair, he didn’t really have the skill set to push into anything higher, but I would’ve liked him t have done well.
    He lost his place to Makalambay, who left Hibs and has played 7 league games since...9 years...

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar

This should clear it up...Gordon not even looking at Shiels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

The view from behind the goal told a different story.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The view from behind the goal told a different story.
    Behind the goal is undoubtedly a worse view than this. Gordon isn't even looking at shiels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

That shows what happened in the split second before impact. It doesn't show whether Gordon, or indeed Shiels, changed their movement beforehand. Gordon is not looking at Shiels in this clip but it doesn't show if Gordon moved into his path before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    That shows what happened in the split second before impact. It doesn't show whether Gordon, or indeed Shiels, changed their movement beforehand. Gordon is not looking at Shiels in this clip but it doesn't show if Gordon moved into his path before that.
    It doesn't matter if Gordon moved. There is zero excuse for what Shiels done.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I don’t think he would want to come to us
    He is going to want to be playing week in week and Rocky is happy with us so bring a younger keeper through the ranks We rarely manage this Was Chris Reid last one thst managed this
    Forgot Andy McNeil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy McNeil wasn't brought through the ranks at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    4:10 clearly shows Shiels change direction in line with where the ball goes and Gordon gets up and moves in his way.

https://youtu.be/QTw53u7_VFs

I'm not saying there is any excuse. I was disagreeing that the clip cleared anything up. Shiels's reaction was crazy and warranted a red card but that clip doesn't show Gordon's movement before or his reaction after the impact. This whole discussion is around Craig Gordon's involvement in that incident and that clip doesn't show either which is why I don't think it clears it up. My recollection of it at the time was that Shiels was daft and deserved a red, irrespective of whether Gordon moved to make sure of an impact or was milking the situation to make sure there was a card. I think there was a leg swung by Shiels for good measure as well. Heat of the moment stuff in a derby, from a passionate player.

My take is that Shiels had a rush of blood to the head and took out Gordon, who knows what is said between players especially just before a penalty. Gordon definitely did make the most of it after the contact but then who wouldn't? The dissapointing thing is it probably cost us victory.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    4:10 clearly shows Shiels change direction in line with where the ball goes and Gordon gets up and moves in his way.

That's a better clip

The incident is available to view in this video, which hasn't deliberately been edited in such a way as to make it look like Shiels attacked Gordon. The replay of it occurs at 4 mins 10. Gordon time wasting by refusing to give the ball to Hibs players after our first goal can be seen at 2mins 20.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTw53u7_VFs
    Last edited by Rumble de Thump; 08-06-2020 at 12:07 PM.

It wouldn't matter if Gordon moved infront of shiels and ****ing mooned him. There is zero excuse for shoving him with 2 hands that high up. I don't understand why that isn't obvious to be honest. Gordon could've done anything but there is no excuse for Shiels actions. None.

@hibs.net private member
    Would much rather have kept Bogdan

@hibs.net private member
    It wouldn't matter if Gordon moved infront of shiels and ****ing mooned him. There is zero excuse for shoving him with 2 hands that high up. I don't understand why that isn't obvious to be honest. Gordon could've done anything but there is no excuse for Shiels actions. None.
    Gordon did nothing wrong at all.

It is a red card as Shiels puts his hands in his face but I am convinced Shiels followed the ball (which rolls from one side of the net to the other) and didn't quite know where Gordon was. I reckon he was gona do a bit of a celebration in front of him, didn't realise he was so close (Shiels is missing an eye remember) and then can't avoid him. There is no chance Shiels deliberately attacked Gordon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Gordon did nothing wrong at all.

It is a red card as Shiels puts his hands in his face but I am convinced Shiels followed the ball (which rolls from one side of the net to the other) and didn't quite know where Gordon was. I reckon he was gona do a bit of a celebration in front of him, didn't realise he was so close (Shiels is missing an eye remember) and then can't avoid him. There is no chance Shiels deliberately attacked Gordon.
    For the first goal Gordon picked the ball up and turned backwards when Hibs players tried to get it off him and then was moaning to the referee about it trying to con him. Then Deano scores the pen, runs to get the ball Gordon again rushes to pick up the ball for no reason at all. He knew fine well what he was doing.

Yesterday's man. He offers nothing these days that we can't source elsewhere for most likely less personal terms.
    However I'm always happy to be proved wrong if it did happen but it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    For the first goal Gordon picked the ball up and turned backwards when Hibs players tried to get it off him and then was moaning to the referee about it trying to con him. Then Deano scores the pen, runs to get the ball Gordon again rushes to pick up the ball for no reason at all. He knew fine well what he was doing.
    Yes, exactly what I'd want a Hibs goalie to do. He is within his right to pick up the ball. That isn't against any rules. It worked a charm because Shiels stupidly rose to it.

I've never really understood the big rush to get the ball back after a goal is scored anyway. The time spent wrestling with the keeper and/or a defender probably negates any time saved.

Run back to your own half and get on with it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Yes, exactly what I'd want a Hibs goalie to do. He is within his right to pick up the ball. That isn't against any rules. It worked a charm because Shiels stupidly rose to it.
    Probably a different slant to your previous take when you rolled about laughing and now you’re acknowledging that Craig Gordon deliberated his move and is indeed a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Probably a different slant to your previous take when you rolled about laughing and now you’re acknowledging that Craig Gordon deliberated his move and is indeed a ****.
    At no point did I say he deliberately moved. He tried to waste him. He didn't force Shiels to hit him like some seem to think. I also didn't roll about laughing. At the time I was raging. Now, 14 years later, I can see Shiels is clearly deserving of his red.

@hibs.net private member
    He sis at the first goal but im only talking about the penalty incident.

If you watch the clip of the penalty from behind the goals you will see that gordon doesn't go near the ball. In fact, he stands up and barely moves before shiels plows into him, just one small half step to his left. How anyone can watch that and blame gordon is beyond me. And as i said before, i think it was shiels fault but dont think it was deliberate.

Left by mutual consent!
    He is within his right, but the manor of being beaten by the penalty to then move fast, grab the ball to try and get the reaction from the Hibs players (which he did successfully) was completely on purpose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    He sis at the first goal but im only talking about the penalty incident.

If you watch the clip of the penalty from behind the goals you will see that gordon doesn't go near the ball. In fact, he stands up and barely moves before shiels plows into him, just one small half step to his left. How anyone can watch that and blame gordon is beyond me. And as i said before, i think it was shiels fault but dont think it was deliberate.
    Gordon picks up the ball for no reason and does it deliberately. Like he did when Killen scored and he grabs the ball and turns his back to the players trying to get it back. How on earth can any Hibs fan say Plukey was innocent when he knew exactly what he was doing. Great reflexes though as I’ll give him credit from getting the pen smashed past him to deliberately trying to get Sheils sent off, which worked - they won. How the fk Whittaker’s shot hit both posts is even more baffling.

He is within his right, but the manor of being beaten by the penalty to then move fast, grab the ball to try and get the reaction from the Hibs players (which he did successfully) was completely on purpose.
    You're giving him way too much credit. All very far fetched and speculative. In reality, Sheils entirely to blame for getting himself sent off.

Left by mutual consent!
    You're giving him way too much credit. All very far fetched and speculative. In reality, Sheils entirely to blame for getting himself sent off.
    Not at all. I seen Gordon in plenty derbies and like Presley they word sleekit was made for them mate. This wasn’t just a one off on his part otherwise I would be open to blaming Sheils. He done it plenty, going down shot, especially when it wasn’t going his way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Here’s the game by the way:

**** sake Zibbi but check Gordon at the first and the camera moves away from that when after it he went down holding his face trying to get Killen sent off. He done similar at Easter Road. Clear cheating

@hibs.net private member
    Gordon picks up the ball for no reason and does it deliberately. Like he did when Killen scored and he grabs the ball and turns his back to the players trying to get it back. How on earth can any Hibs fan say Plukey was innocent when he knew exactly what he was doing. Great reflexes though as I’ll give him credit from getting the pen smashed past him to deliberately trying to get Sheils sent off, which worked - they won. How the fk Whittaker’s shot hit both posts is even more baffling.

Watch the penalty from behind the goals and you will see that gordon doesn't go anywhere near the ball. He stands up, moves barely half a step then gets smashed by shiels.

Anyway, you can have your opinion and i'll have mine.