hibs.net Messageboard

Promising Youngster

Tynecastle not in top 30

In todays Sun there is a section naming the top 30 stadiums in world football with the best atmosphere. Can't believe tynecastle is not up there with the best.

For info

1st. Boca Juniors
    2nd. Anfield
    3rdBorrussia Dortmund
    4th. Marakana
    5th Celtic Park

Only Liverpool and Celtic made it from the UK

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I can’t believe that Celtic are 🙄
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In todays Sun there is a section naming the top 30 stadiums in world football with the best atmosphere. Can't believe tynecastle is not up there with the best.

For info

1st. Boca Juniors
    2nd. Anfield
    3rdBorrussia Dortmund
    4th. Marakana
    5th Celtic Park

Only Liverpool and Celtic made it from the UK
    Are they picking and choosing games to have Celtic Park up there in 5th? No doubt it can have a great atmosphere on a European night, or during an Old Firm game, but I otherwise find it to be a pretty poor atmosphere in most domestic cases.

FYI-the stadium in 4th is the home of Red Star in Belgrade, not the famous Brazilian stadium whose name they've nicked.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I can’t believe that Celtic are 🙄
    60 thousand boring *******s

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Are they picking and choosing games to have Celtic Park up there in 5th? No doubt it can have a great atmosphere on a European night, or during an Old Firm game, but I otherwise find it to be a pretty poor atmosphere in most domestic cases.
    Same goes for Anfield. It’s sparkling when Barcelona are in town and it’s as dull as ditchwater for Bournemouth.

They’ve got Boca spot on though. I had the privilege of taking in several games at the bombonera when I was travelling a few years ago. Deafening every time.

Celtic park

Tynecastle and Ibrox are better than Celtic Park for atmosphere. Taking off green tinted specs, those two stadium are very good because they're small (for the number of seats) and enclosed. I don't think our ground is particularly decent (except for a derby under the lights).

@hibs.net private member
    Thread on Kickback suggesting that they should ban the journalist from Tynecastle or change it from 30 to 32 to make sure that they are in it.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think it comes down to how you weigh a ground's atmosphere at its best versus the baseline atmosphere you get every week.

E.g., Hertha Berlin's ground (although architecturally superb) is pretty poorly designed for atmosphere, it's rarely full, and their fans are not known as the most passionate around. Peak Celtic Park on a European night is almost certainly better. But because German fans are more organised and way ahead of the UK in singing sections etc, at any Hertha game there will be thousands on the Ostkurve jumping about and singing for the entire game. Night and day compared to a run-of-the-mill Celtic vs Killie or whatever.

These kind of lists are always likely to look at the highlights not the baseline and ultimately it's just opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Thread on Kickback suggesting that they should ban the journalist from Tynecastle or change it from 30 to 32 to make sure that they are in it.
    😅

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Tynecastle and Ibrox are better than Celtic Park for atmosphere. Taking off green tinted specs, those two stadium are very good because they're small (for the number of seats) and enclosed. I don't think our ground is particularly decent (except for a derby under the lights).
    I’ll admit I’m biased but I’ve never found tynecastle that loud or intimidating.

Ibrox yes, but then you’ve a whole other world of hate and bigotry there

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Same goes for Anfield. It’s sparkling when Barcelona are in town and it’s as dull as ditchwater for Bournemouth.

They’ve got Boca spot on though. I had the privilege of taking in several games at the bombonera when I was travelling a few years ago. Deafening every time.
    La Bonbonera perhaps but as a group of fans, San Lorenzo beat Boca, River or anyone else hands down. In Argentina fans of all clubs doff their caps in appreciation of their fans.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 04-06-2020 at 10:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

A no strings attached donation should see them get their rightful place.

Now what about the 30 smallest pitches in professional football?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

A no strings attached donation should see them get their rightful place.

Now what about the 30 smallest pitches in professional football?

OMG can you imagine the seethe if they were listed in that?
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    OMG can you imagine the seethe if they were listed in that?
    Smallest non EUFA compliant pitch in Scottish professional football I think, so maybe they could represent Scotland in an international smallest pitch in the world competition?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The loudest thing about Tynecastle is that awful MC announcing “yet another sell out”.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    The loudest thing about Tynecastle is that awful MC announcing “yet another sell out”.
    With the sound reverberating off the empty seats in both stands behind the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    Be fair, the crowd at Tynecastle was pretty loud last season.

****ing BOOOOO

30 to 32? More like 132

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Hampden has a decent atmosphere but a terrible view.

Ibrox has a good atmosphere (angry orcs)

Parkhead is too open.

Tynecastle is a decent atmosphere but no louder than ER. When we close the corners, our stadium will improve and overtake in the atmosphere count.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I’ll admit I’m biased but I’ve never found tynecastle that loud or intimidating.

Ibrox yes, but then you’ve a whole other world of hate and bigotry there

I don't really get the Tynecastle atmosphere thing either.

Also, Ibrox only usually comes to life when The Rangers are winning and the stadium erupts into Rule Britannia, or some other equally stupid Last Night Of The Proms effort.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I don't really get the Tynecastle atmosphere thing either.

Also, Ibrox only usually comes to life when The Rangers are winning and the stadium erupts into Rule Britannia, or some other equally stupid Last Night Of The Proms effort.
    The loudest I’ve heard Ibrox was at the start of the first game back there after the Cup Final in the 17/18 season. The atmosphere was incendiary and when Rangers were tearing us apart in the early stages then scoring after couple minutes the noise just about took the roof off. Not so noisy at the end of course after we tonked them 3-2, but it gave us a sense of the noise and atmosphere that stadium can create.
    Tynecastle on derby days is raucous, as is Easter Road. As others have noted, the atmosphere at Easter Road is always notched up somewhat for big games under the floodlights.

You can get a good atmosphere in any stadium pretty much. It was fizzing in the away end up at Perth a couple of years back when we won with 10 men in a ground not noted for electric atmospheres.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The loudest I’ve heard Ibrox was at the start of the first game back there after the Cup Final in the 17/18 season. The atmosphere was incendiary and when Rangers were tearing us apart in the early stages then scoring after couple minutes the noise just about took the roof off. Not so noisy at the end of course after we tonked them 3-2, but it gave us a sense of the noise and atmosphere that stadium can create.
    Tynecastle on derby days is raucous,g as is Easter Road. As others have noted, the atmosphere at Easter Road is always notched up somewhat for big games under the floodlights.

You can get a good atmosphere in any stadium pretty much. It was fizzing in the away end up at Perth a couple of years back when we won with 10 men in a ground not noted for electric atmospheres.
    Great day that also friday night games at tannadice were great for atmosphere especially the one where we brought cammy bell on and he made some great saves that night really liked the friday night games there great atmosphere under the lights and a big travelling support.