hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For home games? If so no chance.
    If Hibs were doing the same deal as Motherwell and confirming that we would get 19 home games in person like Motherwell out of the season ticket then I would have no problem paying a token fee.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Presumably we'll do the online Happy Hibee tickets like for the cup final rerun. Could do them for virtual away matches too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    If Hibs were doing the same deal as Motherwell and confirming that we would get 19 home games in person like Motherwell out of the season ticket then I would have no problem paying a token fee.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Nah I've already paid for a season ticket (which is significantly more expensive than last season's) that I probably won't get to use very much for its intended purpose i.e. sitting at the football.

I don't think it would be right to expect people to pay anything extra to watch the home games on the TV. No problem with doing a virtual "pay at the gate" option for away games but charging people for home games after they have already stumped up considerable amounts of money would be testing the limits on loyalty.

Fortunately I don't think it's something Hibs will do.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Presumably we'll do the online Happy Hibee tickets like for the cup final rerun. Could do them for virtual away matches too.
    And probably sell lots more, because it’s easy to buy them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    And for non physical season ticket holders.

I’d be keen to buy a virtual season ticket. Don’t however want to pay for the price of a physical Season Ticket.

The difficulty is at the moment they are essentially the same product.

However if we go back to physically going to games I could understand that the physical season ticket will get you into the games, but the virtual would not.

J
    That would be something I would be interested in as I struggle physically to make games but have a Hibs TV subscription. A virtual season ticket would be great...

Do I get a whiff of Ron Gordon innovation here?

LD jumps ship from the holed below the waterline SS Budge paddleless steamer to concentrate on doing what is necessary to getthe seadon up and running and suddenly from keft field a US TV model our owner made millions in suddenly lands in our laps.

Co-incidence or what?
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 03-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Nah I've already paid for a season ticket (which is significantly more expensive than last season's) that I probably won't get to use very much for its intended purpose i.e. sitting at the football.

I don't think it would be right to expect people to pay anything extra to watch the home games on the TV. No problem with doing a virtual "pay at the gate" option for away games but charging people for home games after they have already stumped up considerable amounts of money would be testing the limits on loyalty.

Fortunately I don't think it's something Hibs will do.
    Plus it will cost these clubs a fortune. Hibs have been brutally honest in saying the season ticket is basically being purchased blind in regards to how games will pan out. These clubs like Motherwell and hearts are basically selling 2 year season tickets, resulting in a massive loss of revenue next season as all current season tickets will still be valid.

I paid my money, knowing fine well it was a bonus if I got anywhere near 10 games this season. The virtual season tickets is another bonus, looking forward to any other benefits that come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Plus it will cost these clubs a fortune. Hibs have been brutally honest in saying the season ticket is basically being purchased blind in regards to how games will pan out. These clubs like Motherwell and hearts are basically selling 2 year season tickets, resulting in a massive loss of revenue next season as all current season tickets will still be valid.

I paid my money, knowing fine well it was a bonus if I got anywhere near 10 games this season. The virtual season tickets is another bonus, looking forward to any other benefits that come out of it.
    I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not?

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not?
    Full agreement about not paying extra. Or guaranteeing a set number of games. We are well on our way to 10k season tickets which would be exceptional in current climate. Everyone knew the risks when purchasing. While we will have people buying two season tickets for two seasons, hearts and Motherwell will only have 1 for 2 seasons due to their guarantee, which is a massive loss of revenue.

Us and Aberdeen with the Yanks involved sound like we are looking into more innovative ways to raise cash, which could potentially set us clear of the pack if we use it wisely, that is the big challenge for the next 2/3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Full agreement about not paying extra. Or guaranteeing a set number of games. We are well on our way to 10k season tickets which would be exceptional in current climate. Everyone knew the risks when purchasing. While we will have people buying two season tickets for two seasons, hearts and Motherwell will only have 1 for 2 seasons due to their guarantee, which is a massive loss of revenue.

Us and Aberdeen with the Yanks involved sound like we are looking into more innovative ways to raise cash, which could potentially set us clear of the pack if we use it wisely, that is the big challenge for the next 2/3 years.
    Thanks that's what I thought but wasn't sure since it's late.

I also think though that there is a fine balance to be struck between being innovative in raising cash and being fair to your supporters.

Thanks that's what I thought but wasn't sure since it's late.

I also think though that there is a fine balance to be struck between being innovative in raising cash and being fair to your supporters.
    Absolutely. By innovative I was meaning more around ‘extras’ that don’t come at any additional cost, to make the real season ticket seem more valuable, and less likely to grumble, and more likely to purchase again in 21/22 season. Our ideas around kiosks when we are back in the stadium and Aberdeen’s membership schemes are all new ways of bringing more money into clubs. I’ve also no doubt that Ron and Dave Cormack would have been heavily involved in this scheme.

Coaching Staff
    Dunno how this will affect overseas Hibs TV subscribers who, like me, have been subscribers for a number of years.

If there is a price rise too great that it can’t be absorbed on my meagre pension, , then it will probably mean I have more Sunday mornings where I will be in bed at 2am, instead of bleary eyed in front of my pc.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Paying for away games is fair enough, giving them free as a thank you for those who didn't claim the refund would be a nice gesture too. I think Hibs said they were looking for gestures/things to do to acknowledge the support there.

I can't see how they could charge extra on top of the 20/21 ST for the home games unless they did go down the line of saying that ST got you 19 games in person (a few cup ties and the 21/22 league cup group stages + friendlies could boost the numbers after missing the first few months - less glamorous games but wouldn't eat into the 21/22 ST money).

It'll be interesting to see if any short term solutions due to the virus end up being long term ones.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    The way this is being discussed suggests the SPFL have abandoned the notion of having “Hub Stadiums” where all matches would be played. Is that the case?

Having hub stadia at two, or perhaps three, locations in the country would only require those stadia to be kitted out with the necessary broadcasting equipment and medical testing requirements. Surely that would be much more cost effective all round.
    I would like to think the receipts for virtual attendance at “home games” would be received by the “home” club but having a hub stadium with the right broadcasting equipment would offer an almost unlimited “attendance”. Even if “home” support was limited to normal ST numbers there would be a significant uplift in “away” support. For example Motherwell might attract 5k to a home game v Hibs but surely our “attendance” could be as much as 10k.
    Done well this could create a significant income stream for all clubs but especially those that traditionally do not have significant ST sales.

C’mon the Hub Stadia 👍🏻

Dundee Utd announcement

Copyright Dundee United Football Club
    Website by mtc.

DUNDEE UNITED SEASON TICKET HOLDERS TO SEE ALL HOME LEAGUE GAMES
    connolly celebrating
    Published: 4th June 2020

Dundee United are delighted to confirm that online Club TV access to DUFC home matches will now be available as part of its 2020/21 season ticket package, as a free add-on.

Yesterday it was announced that the SPFL and Sky had agreed a deal to allow clubs to sell season tickets that include a virtual element while social distancing rules apply. We appreciate Sky’s constructive and helpful approach to securing this excellent deal which comes at a time when we are redeveloping our Club TV platform to facilitate high quality streaming of both VOD and live action.

The agreement means that buying a season ticket is the only guaranteed way to see all home games from Tannadice as the Terrors return to the Premiership and includes the ability to view live games at the same time as they are broadcast on Sky for those who don’t have a Sky subscription.

Home games played behind closed doors will be available to adult season ticket holders as part of the season ticket package, including those who have already renewed for the season ahead.

Significantly, buying your season ticket will also ensure that you are prioritised for attending every home league game where restrictions are placed on spectator numbers due to social distancing regulations.

We appreciate the difficulties supporters and the wider community are currently experiencing and we want to reassure our fans who have reservations about committing to a season ticket during such uncertainty. Therefore, Dundee United pledge that if three or more home games are held behind closed doors during Season 2020/21, those who purchase a season ticket they will receive a credit equivalent to 1/19th of their season ticket price for each match missed from the third match that can then be put towards either the overall cost of a season ticket or match tickets for the 2021/22 season.

Further to this, fans can renew or buy their season ticket using our six-month payment plan option that allows you to spread the cost over six payments.

More details of the virtual element of the season ticket will emerge in due course as the discussions with Sky develop but buying a season ticket ensures you see every minute of league action from Tannadice this season as well as helping support the strengthing of the squad as we look forward to Premiership football for the first time since 2016.

Our early bird deadline runs until Sunday, June 14 and you can buy a season ticket online 24/7, either by card or by payment plan, here.

Back To News
    Share This Story
    DUFC Newsletter

Enter email address
    #DUFC
    News
    ArabZONE
    Matches
    Tickets
    Hospitality
    Teams
    The Club
    Fans
    Copyright Dundee United Football Club 2020 -
    All rights reserved.
    Terms & Conditions | Cookies | Privacy
    Responsive website design, Development & Hosting proudly made in Dundee by mtc.
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 04-06-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    So, currently I have paid £1200 for 3 season tickets for 1 household. Another household could Just buy 1 season ticket for £400 yet their household of 3 can watch the same game 🤔
    Aye but they won’t be able to attend in person when crowds are allowed back in. Guess its down to how much you can afford to or want to support the club.

How will clubs block illegal streaming of their games
    Rangers balloon on Clyde just now, saying he won’t pay for an away virtual game, but will try and get it illegally

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    How will clubs block illegal streaming of their games
    Rangers balloon on Clyde just now, saying he won’t pay for an away virtual game, but will try and get it illegally
    They probably won't be able to, if people want to steal from their club they will.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    They probably won't be able to, if people want to steal from their club they will.
    It’s Rangers fans etc stealing from Hibs, is my concern
    That’s if Hibs offer their home games to away teams

Even if we don't offer it Billy, we all know if there is a live stream normally it can be watched illegally. Hopefully Hibs are all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/...icket-holders/

Motherwell, no extra costs for season ticket holders.

Surely that's as it should be.

If you've splashed out hundreds of pounds for a Season Ticket, it would be some nerve to be asked to then pay even more money to watch the game on TV because the game is behind closed doors.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ve sourced illegal streams for Hibs games I’ve been unable to attend on a few occasions over in Ireland. If I had the option to purchase a virtual ticket to stream game from club I would have done so no questions asked.
    Happy to pay for away match streaming along with (hopefully) complementary access for home matches with Season Ticket.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’ve sourced illegal streams for Hibs games I’ve been unable to attend on a few occasions over in Ireland. If I had the option to purchase a virtual ticket to stream game from club I would have done so no questions asked.
    Happy to pay for away match streaming along with (hopefully) complementary access for home matches with Season Ticket.
    Well said we can't take the moral high ground when I guess most of us have watched or searched for a stream when we play the rangers or Aberdeen
    If I could have watched via hibs TV and made a payment I would have, but the rules forbid me as I am in the UK
    I am not savvy enough for foreign ip address stuff.
    So if its streamed you can bet someone will see it without paying. Way of the internet world unfortunately

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the virtual season ticket could be 1st step of introducing (or re-introducing) a large group of Hibs fans to start to watch their team at Easter Road once restrictions are lifted. It'll need to be marketed well, which I'm sure our guys are already thinking up ways of doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the virtual season ticket could be 1st step of introducing (or re-introducing) a large group of Hibs fans to start to watch their team at Easter Road once restrictions are lifted. It'll need to be marketed well, which I'm sure our guys are already thinking up ways of doing this.
    Sorry do you mean fans will join it, and then go to the games live?
    Thought we had to cap these virtual season tickets numbers?

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs Vs Rangers an absolute certainty to be live on Sky TV anyway under the normal TV arrangements. So if there's any illegal stream it's as likely to come from the more prevalent Sky TV than Hibs TV.
    Last edited by greenlad; 04-06-2020 at 06:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Even if we don't offer it Billy, we all know if there is a live stream normally it can be watched illegally. Hopefully Hibs are all over this.
    Hibs need to make an offering to non season ticket holders.

What should I do, pay say a fiver for a home game streamed in glorious HD. Or search twitter for a stream.

I’d like to do the former, but if I can’t, I’ll have to look for the latter.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Hibs need to make an offering to non season ticket holders.

What should I do, pay say a fiver for a home game streamed in glorious HD. Or search twitter for a stream.

I’d like to do the former, but if I can’t, I’ll have to look for the latter.

J
    I would imagine they will make an offering to those who currently haven't or won't be buying a season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Hibs Vs Rangers an absolute certainty to be live on Sky TV anyway under the normal TV arrangements. So if there's any illegal stream it's as likely to come from the more prevalent Sky TV than Hibs TV.
    Good point

Taken from Twitter
    Important SPFL streaming footnote: numbers will be capped at the level of season ticket holders clubs had in 2019/20.
    Nobody seems to have picked up on this info, clever marketing and explains how they're going to predict bandwidth usage.
    In effect there's 11,000(?) Hibs logins available so if you don't have a ST you may miss out, obviously there will be logins available from those with multiple ST's in a house but otherwise no ST and we hit 11k then there will be none to sell.
    Good ploy and ST holders do get a tangible benefit ahead of the walk up same as actual game day, can see us hitting 10k+ as there will be plenty distant fans able to lay out £400 to boost the numbers.
    Can see many complaints but I think it's a great piece of marketing but probably more importantly it allows whoever is broadcasting to have the correct bandwidth available to show the game in a high quality standard

Edit. One obvious disadvantage may be no away fans, unless they're allowing those figures in the bandwidth calculation. ie Ross County v Hibs would allow 2k RC and 10k Hibs as total viewers.
    Would make ST reasonable value if you got home and away roughly £10/£12 a game?
    Last edited by Kaff; 04-06-2020 at 06:58 PM.