hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Virtual Season Tickets

Sounds like a deal is close to being agreed to allow virtual season tickets.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ports-22128901

2. Log in to remove the advert

So anyone without sky would need to subscribe ?
    So having paid fir a Season Ticket you then need to pay monthly subscription to Sky ?
    Haven’t yet renewed my Season Ticket so will hang off further till this is sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So anyone that has a ST will be given a virtual one with no extra cost unless they don’t already have SKY? Sounds good for me but no so much for people without SKY I guess.
    Isn't the virtual ticket to allow clubs to stream via their own club TV platform, don't think you require a sky package? I'd assume if it's a sky game the club couldn't stream that game?

I'm probably not reading it correctly though as it's late

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    So having paid fir a Season Ticket you then need to pay monthly subscription to Sky ?
    Haven’t yet renewed my Season Ticket so will hang off further till this is sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    So anyone that has a ST will be given a virtual one with no extra cost unless they don’t already have SKY? Sounds good for me but no so much for people without SKY I guess.
    I don't see it saying you have to subscribe to Sky. My take on it is that Sky have exclusive rights to the matches and Neil Doncaster is negotiating with them permission to allow clubs to sell a virtual season ticket to the fans, meaning live streaming which at the moment Hibs TV can only do for overseas fans.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Isn't the virtual ticket to allow clubs to stream via their own club TV platform, don't think you require a sky package? I'd assume if it's a sky game the club couldn't stream that game?

Just as I read that SKY were involved, you could be right which is even better.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I don't see it saying you have to subscribe to Sky. My take on it is that Sky have exclusive rights to the matches and Neil Doncaster is negotiating with them permission to allow clubs to sell a virtual season ticket to the fans, meaning live streaming which at the moment Hibs TV can only do for overseas fans.
    Yeah fair enough my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

That's what it says in the article aye

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

You’ve mentioned quite a few times now that you haven’t renewed your ST - yet. What is it you’re waiting for exactly and why would this Sky virtual ST thing have any bearing on whether or not you continue to back Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You’ve mentioned quite a few times now that you haven’t renewed your ST - yet. What is it you’re waiting for exactly and why would this Sky virtual ST thing have any bearing on whether or not you continue to back Hibs?
    I don’t have sky so wouldn’t be buying a Season Ticket and doing that but looks like I don’t need to
    I want to hold off for as long as I can as lots of outlays just now for stuff have bought and like to pay my season ticket in one payment so can do that in July better
    Also wanted to know if possible what the League set up was for certain and will know that by July
    So you won’t here me mentioning am holding off buying a Season Ticket Again

It’s fairly simple.

Sky have paid for exclusive rights for top league. This will result in say c50 games a season. We will be live on sky for say c 8 games out of normal 38 game season.

As they have exclusive rights it stops the live broadcasting in the UK of other games. The SFA/SPFL also have an additional rule about Saturday 3pm live broadcasts not possible But this has been waived.

Therefore the virtual season ticket would be the c30 games (say 15 at home) in a full season that would be broadcasted live. For away games similar set up but hosted by away club. How the clubs come to arrangement on commercial aspects for this but I don’t know but given no spectators then all Hibs games will be accessible until things go back to normality with fans in stadiums.

Given a normal live game streamed is c£7.99 - you could argue Hibs will sell packages of games. For season ticket holder (the 8k) will this compensate for missing games? Probably not so it will need some work as each home game as part of season ticket is worth about £22. Totally different experience. We might also get a lot more UK subscribers than regular stadium fans but balanced out that not everyone will want to each football on tv in empty stadium.

A package that includes both home and away games comes closer to season ticket value but again not sure how mechanics would work.
    Last edited by Col2; 03-06-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Tricky situation this as the 8,000 season ticket holders should get these games for free, but for the supporters like myself who can only get to at least 1 game a month I think it's only fair we pay the same sort of price but would people pay say half the price of a season ticket to watch games streamed until we can get fans back in the stadium?

Maybe a poll is needed lol

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I am currently in lockdown with 5 in the house 4 of whom have purchased season tickets for next season. This would mean I could buy a virtual S T to which another 3 S T holders would not require to do so and one who hasn't bought one could get games for free.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

A package that includes both home and away games comes closer to season ticket value but again not sure how mechanics would work.
    I would be happy if I got home and away games in exchange for my season ticket. I suppose that all clubs would have to come to the same agreement for this to work however.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Out of interest, what are the numbers usually for a livr Hibs TV game if anyone knows?

Just imagine the buffering issues with potentially over 8000 folk trying to stream!

If its on sky you don't need to pay anyway, hundreds of easy to find streams out there.

Virtual Season Tickets happening

Just noticed Sky Sports have said this will be happening for the SPFL Premiership for 20/21.

Will season ticket holders get the game for free or will they have to pay extra?

Will none season ticket holders be able to purchase the games?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Will season ticket holders get the game for free or will they have to pay extra?

Will none season ticket holders be able to purchase the games?
    The Sky Sports article does make it sound like current ST holders will still have to pay extra. Doesn’t mention non-ST holders

Any chance of merging this with the other thread admins 😁

My questions would be 1) Do we Season Ticket holders have to pay extra? 2) How would it affect any discounts for this season’s Season Tickets? 3) What will happen with current Hibs TV subscribers?

First Team Regular
    Personally i wouldnt pay more given what ive already shelled out, but appreciate many will already have a sky sub.

If the games are being streamed via Hibs TV will I only be able to watch on my phone or laptop? Can you link up to the TV somehow? Thanks in advance 😏

Who pays for Sky nowadays anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Who pays for Sky nowadays anyway
    Me as I'm totally clueless when it comes to fire sticks or whatever 😕

I’ve been asking some of the above questions over on the ST thread.
    Suppose to be fair, the club will announce what they intend to do, but it would be a bit cheeky to ask those who have purchased a ST in good faith, to pay a wee bit more to watch games online or on TV whilst crowd restriction/mass gatherings are in place when you can’t attend matches in person.

Has anybody threatened to return their season ticket in protest yet?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    I’ve been asking some of the above questions over on the ST thread.
    Suppose to be fair, the club will announce what they intend to do, but it would be a bit cheeky to ask those who have purchased a ST in good faith, to pay a wee bit more to watch games online or on TV whilst crowd restriction/mass gatherings are in place when you can’t attend matches in person.
    Get your point but say the package included Hibs away games too would that tempt you to pay a bit more? It would me and I’ve never had Sky , only Setanta when I lived in England

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    It’s fairly simple.

Sky have paid for exclusive rights for top league. This will result in say c50 games a season. We will be live on sky for say c 8 games out of normal 38 game season.

As they have exclusive rights it stops the live broadcasting in the UK of other games. The SFA/SPFL also have an additional rule about Saturday 3pm live broadcasts not possible But this has been waived.

Therefore the virtual season ticket would be the c30 games (say 15 at home) in a full season that would be broadcasted live. For away games similar set up but hosted by away club. How the clubs come to arrangement on commercial aspects for this but I don’t know but given no spectators then all Hibs games will be accessible until things go back to normality with fans in stadiums.

Given a normal live game streamed is c£7.99 - you could argue Hibs will sell packages of games. For season ticket holder (the 8k) will this compensate for missing games? Probably not so it will need some work as each home game as part of season ticket is worth about £22. Totally different experience. We might also get a lot more UK subscribers than regular stadium fans but balanced out that not everyone will want to each football on tv in empty stadium.

For something you describe as 'fairly simple', you've listed a fair amount of things in your post that you don't know how would work 😂