hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not just him, though, according to the reports I'm reading. There are other nutters out there
    When Budge mentioned donorS plural in the past I always took that to mean a husband and wife team so she could give the impression that there was indeed more than one rich lunatic out there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    When Budge mentioned donorS plural in the past I always took that to mean a husband and wife team so she could give the impression that there was indeed more than one rich lunatic out there.
    The current media reports refer to him "and others". So, unless he's a Mormon........

(that's it... he travelled on the Brigham Young supporters bus when he was a lad).

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    [/B][/U]Is that likes, building a new all purpose stand with state of the art views of the Castle!!!
    I know, as soon as I posted that and read it back I started laughing

£9M would possibly just about cover a full size indoor pitch over at East Mains + the upgrades to the PA and floodlighting systems that are badly needed.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 02-06-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    £9M would possibly just about covered a full size indoor pitch over at East Mains + the upgrades to the PA and floodlighting systems that are badly needed.

I'd agree about the PA system but... what's wrong with the floodlights?

he travelled on the Brigham Young supporters bus when he was a lad....

Dunno why, but that really sounds like it would be a Rangers Supporters bus, not Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'd agree about the PA system but... what's wrong with the floodlights?

Floodlight technology has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. Our system, though good, wouldn't be allowed in the top flight down south.

Its hard to describe the difference but if you compare the traditional light we have to a complete 4 sided Led system like you would have in the English Premiership or what Celtic installed a year or two back it really is like night and day!.

I think it is on Ron's to do list but it's not a top priority.

Donated it to Hearts and watch them still manage to finish below us and get relegated. 👇

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    If it is a one off £9m payment then I would suggest that it is best invested in infrastructure, eg. full sized indoor pitch at East Mains, or maybe in upgrading the corporate hospitality facilities to help bring in steady income. That would be the sensible approach.

If it is to be splurged on "better" players then the recruitment has to get it spot on. Not always easy. As our maroon chums have ably proved.
    Full size indoor pitch would be the obvious one. Other ring fenced stadium or training centre improvements or maintenance projects would be others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I think you have invented a new currency.

The Tore Andre Flo, pegged against an unfinished stand in west Edinburgh.

You should get over to the Holy Ground. This would put a stop to those internecine arguments about whether an independent Scotland would use the pound, the euro or the groat. We would simply use the TAF
    Tore Andre Flo wasn’t as mobile as an unfinished stand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We could have signed players like Wighton, Damour and Uche and got relegated.
    Add Naismith to that list.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Floodlight technology has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. Our system, though good, wouldn't be allowed in the top flight down south.

Its hard to describe the difference but if you compare the traditional light we have to a complete 4 sided Led system like you would have in the English Premiership or what Celtic installed a year or two back it really is like night and day!.

I have to be honest, it wouldn't be on my list of priorities either. I really can't see the difference between evening games at Celtc Park and ER.

Maybe my eyes are just too old to detect the difference ;-)

Could we maybe just stick to the Chips and Hot-Dogs?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 03-06-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    [/B][/U]Is that likes, building a new all purpose stand with state of the art views of the Castle!!!
    Would that be Tynecastle school?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    The current media reports refer to him "and others". So, unless he's a Mormon........

(that's it... he travelled on the Brigham Young supporters bus when he was a lad).

Brigham Young - Mormons. I get it Crops.

Blog Entries
    It's extremely hard to make money in a Scottish football environment. We've enjoyed record crowds, record season tickets & record turnover, up £2.5m last year. Despite that, without the income from the sale of SJM, we would have made a loss of £.75m last year.
    Meanwhile our neighbours have enjoyed at least £10m in donations from one source, ie BG, in the last 3 years. For us to match that income, our annual turnover for that 3 year period would have had to be at least 6 or 7 times last year's record total. Hearts have been given that huge financial advantage while doing nothing & the fact they've largely squandered that bonus is irrelevant.
    I think we need to give our club & it's custodians huge credit for largely overcoming that imbalance & mostly leaving Hearts behind since our return to the top. There's no doubt however that the club & the fans will have to continue to step up just to remain competitive with Hearts. We can only give thanks for the incompetence of Budge, Levein, Cathro etc. We really should be struggling to compete with them, never mind ,looking back at them & I think thats why they're terrified of their upcoming spell in the Championship.

Massive supporters bar with outside terrace area. Make it so nice it would be frequented on non-match days. Upgrade all the corporate hospitality. Fill in a couple of corners if there’s money left over.

How many wins did hearts get during the donation period? I bet the average win cost a ridiculously high amount!

Edit: They got £3.25M in 2019 and only won 6 games that calendar year so its roughly £540K per win. Good value 🤭
    Last edited by Clarence; 02-06-2020 at 08:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    £9 Million would buy us thousands and thousands of chips, an away day trip for the family to Alloa and, unbelievably give us enough loose change to support FOH who would provide us with value for money.

Luckily we don't play in England's top flight

Floodlights should be way down the list of priorities Hibs must concentrate on the team win games and lots of other things will take care of themselves.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    How many wins did hearts get during the donation period? I bet the average win cost a ridiculously high amount!

Edit: They got £3.25M in 2019 and only won 6 games that calendar year so its roughly £540K per win. Good value 🤭

It's a good point. For all Budge's bluster about them being 'too wealthy' to go down, where has this 'wealth' got them? Their fans essentially pay to have a team to watch via the FOH donations, while their benefactors have stumped up £9 million. And all for what? An unfinished stand that was supposed to cost £10 million (which seemed excessively pricey in itself) and has so far cost £22 million - plus a team on the pitch full of expensive signings that has proved to be the worst in the league.

Could they really have done any worse if they simply lived within their means like most other clubs? Their obsession with appearing 'wealthy' has been their downfall once again. As with the mad Vlad era it's all smoke and mirrors.