hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed Kamberi is back and already breaking social distancing rules; should he be allowed back into EM, putting the whole squad in jeopardy?
    Can you enlarge on this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Can you enlarge on this?
    Taking selfies with arms around his pals going by his social media

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Taking selfies with arms around his pals going by his social media
    Ah well, maybe he does have some pals among the squad after all . I suppose his disrespectful comments on going to Rangers were essentially about wanting to play for a team with such fantastic supporters. So there you are ........... we, the supporters, are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Thomson denied those comments in his interview with Si Ferry and Deeks and Ian Murray never at anytime publicly disrespected HIBS both giving 100% up until they left to join the uglies

Football is a short career and you have to make the most of it.

All three had varying degrees of success and they were all more than welcome to come back
    My recollection of Murray’s departure was that he batted away any suggestion that he was going to the huns during the last few months of his contract; fair enough.

On the morning of his first game for them against us (Sproule 3-0 game) he was in the Record playing down his connection to us to get into their good books. He also said he found playing for Hibs in his last match (‘Helicopter Sunday’) difficult as he knew he was signing for them. He then gave the Hibs support the finger when he was rightly given stick during the 3-0 game.

I’ve always found it strange that Murray was ‘forgiven’ despite effectively lying to us whereas Gary Caldwell was open about signing a pre-contract for Celtic and got slaughtered for it.

Fitba fans, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    My recollection of Murray’s departure was that he batted away any suggestion that he was going to the huns during the last few months of his contract; fair enough.

On the morning of his first game for them against us (Sproule 3-0 game) he was in the Record playing down his connection to us to get into their good books. He also said he found playing for Hibs in his last match (‘Helicopter Sunday’) difficult as he knew he was signing for them. He then gave the Hibs support the finger when he was rightly given stick during the 3-0 game.

I’ve always found it strange that Murray was ‘forgiven’ despite effectively lying to us whereas Gary Caldwell was open about signing a pre-contract for Celtic and got slaughtered for it.

Fitba fans, eh?
    If memory serves me right did Murray not say something about us training like a pub team or some thing like that in the press? It was a while ago now so memory might be playing tricks.

I'm firmly in the camp that lets not pretend what Flo has done is the worst thing anyone has done to disrespect us and people have done the same/worse and came back from it.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Fitba fans, eh?
    Strange behaviour indeed from someone who was a boyhood HIBS fan a ST holder and a Club Captain

One can only presume his head was turned by the Hun pound

He obviously thought he was doing the right thing by his family

Things did not work out for him at Ibroke due to injury and he only had a dozen games down south before heading back to HIBS where he was to spend the bulk of his career

I have no doubt he is a HIBS fan

Gary Caldwell?

Fair play to the guy the fans knew he was going and accepted it

Gordon Strachan tells a story that he was another whose head was turned by the big money on offer elsewhere

Footballers eh?

Strange behaviour indeed from someone who was a boyhood HIBS fan a ST holder and a Club Captain

Things did not work out for him at Ibroke due to injury and he only had a dozen games down south before heading back to HIBS where he was to spend the bulk of his career

Gary Caldwell?

Gordon Strachan tells a story that he was another whose head was turned by the big money on offer elsewhere

Footballers eh?
    He managed to avoid silverware throughout his career, so people probably don’t care that much about his hunnery as there was no real impact from it.

In fact those barren years were good practice for the future Sevco years for fans of OldCo.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Fitba fans, eh?

Ian Murray was one of our own and I was gutted when he left. Probably said some things that should have been left unsaid.

Caldwell was always a mercenary and barely hid his desire to leave Hibs for a better contract throughout his time with us. I think few Hibs fans remember him fondly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Surely it's no coincidence that Lennon publicly came out and said he wasn't up for it, Heckinbottom hardly played him towards the end of his stint and Ross obviously gave permission to let him go out on loan. I think he will definitely be away and if the likes of Whittaker still receive abuse from supporters then Kamberi can expect the same but to a larger extent.

Gary Caldwell?

Footballers eh?
    in my mind, or in my recollection, Ian Murray played a league game against D, Utd at Easter Rd a week before we played them in a S.C.Semi final. he was booked (or possibly sent off, for a silly challenge which ruled him out of the Semi which I think was against D.Utd. I remember being raging about this as the final was against a poor Celtic team who won the cup 1 nil!!! anyone remember the exact circumstances??

Murray , Caldwell , Broon, Whittager,Stein,Stanton, Simpson , the list goes on and on and probably will in the years to come but this ersehole fae the clock maker neutral nation just annoys me . hope he ends up a grasshopper soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Ian Murray was one of our own and I was gutted when he left. Probably said some things that should have been left unsaid.

Caldwell was always a mercenary and barely hid his desire to leave Hibs for a better contract throughout his time with us. I think few Hibs fans remember him fondly.
    I think you’ve proved my point. I’ve no problem with players making the most of their career financially but the reaction to the two players mentioned is different as one is a Hibs fan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Thomsons name was on the comments. Why didn't he come out and deny them?

Football is indeed a short career, so why are we blaming Kamberi for trying to get a move to a bigger club? cant have it both ways.

All 3 of those guys ****ed Hibs over. All 3 came back and earned the respect back.
    Kevin Thomson never ****ed Hibs over. He got stripped of the captaincy, made us millions. He’s not even in the same bracket as Murray or Riordan. He if he did upset the support that didn’t see the wider issue came back and more than won the support over. Murray left for money and because he was GJPs blue eyed boy. Riordan has about a year to sign a contract and earn us some money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

The problem with Murray leaving for me was after his long injury he got back playing in a good team he was the forefront and a leader in a very good young team but it was an open secret he was wanted by McLeish and I don’t even blame him leaving it was the chat about being in talks for a new contract. Sign a deal like Big Gaz done (Celtic fan at the time) get the club money and Gaz even gave his signing on fee back to the club. Murray, Riordan proper Hibs men leaving for nothing is the worst parts. Again, Thomson shouldn’t be in that bracket, O’Connor should be given a lot more credit in the grand scheme of things also.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    in my mind, or in my recollection, Ian Murray played a league game against D, Utd at Easter Rd a week before we played them in a S.C.Semi final. he was booked (or possibly sent off, for a silly challenge which ruled him out of the Semi which I think was against D.Utd. I remember being raging about this as the final was against a poor Celtic team who won the cup 1 nil!!! anyone remember the exact circumstances??
    You’re spot on. He was sent off for nothing and a Dundee Utd player even backed him as evidence when appealing (always remember wondering why when we where about to play them again) and he still lost the appeal. Great memory MH. I might be completely wrong though and then we both look like fools 😁 boy played for Falkirk. Google isn’t helping.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You’re spot on. He was sent off for nothing and a Dundee Utd player even backed him as evidence when appealing (always remember wondering why when we where about to play them again) and he still lost the appeal. Great memory MH. I might be completely wrong though and then we both look like fools 😁 boy played for Falkirk. Google isn’t helping.
    Sent off 2/4/2005 in a 3-2 win at Easter Road versus United

Gary Smith scored the winner in the 90th minute for 10 man HIBS who had Murray sent off in 82 minutes following a scramble in the box - by the Assistant Referee ?

Missed the semi-final versus Dundee United 9/4/2005 a 1-2 loss Riordan penalty

Certainly up there with the Dunfermline semi-final in 2007 when we went out after a replay when we had the opportunity to face a poor Celtic side in the final to complete a cup double

As the OP said Celtic won the 2005 final 1-0

More years of pain

www.fitbastats.com. 😃
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-06-2020 at 04:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I think you’ve proved my point. I’ve no problem with players making the most of their career financially but the reaction to the two players mentioned is different as one is a Hibs fan.

Yes, but for me they all get forgiven when they return. What else can you do?

It’s the story of the prodigal son all over again. Holding a grudge is pointless.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    What do folk reckon we could get for Kamberi? Particularly if the level of interest in him is true.
    Packet of fags and a poke of chips.

We couldn't beat Dundee United but we'd have beat a "poor Celtic", including guys like Hartson, Sutton, Petrov etc.

Don't think we can blame Ian Murray for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Kevin Thomson never ****ed Hibs over. He got stripped of the captaincy, made us millions. He’s not even in the same bracket as Murray or Riordan. He if he did upset the support that didn’t see the wider issue came back and more than won the support over. Murray left for money and because he was GJPs blue eyed boy. Riordan has about a year to sign a contract and earn us some money.
    He put his name to very disrespectful comments.

He put his name to very disrespectful comments.
    Trolled a Hun fans website last night even they were calling them “ unsubstantiated “

Trolled a Hun fans website last night even they were calling them “ unsubstantiated “

That's not the point. Thomson's name was on those comments. Fact. He didn't deny them until 12 years later. Fact. He came back and done well and has earned respect.

@hibs.net private member
    I seem to recall Slivka saying in an interview that Kamberi is constantly moaning in training, that would get on your nerves, I wonder if the three managers he has worked under at Hibs have all had enough of his squealing.

That's not the point. Thomson's name was on those comments. Fact. He didn't deny them until 12 years later. Fact. He came back and done well and has earned respect.
    He didn’t say them FACT!

Spin from his Agent to whip the Hun Horde into a frenzy

Kamberi disrespected us unprompted while he was still our player only on a 6 month loan.........FACT!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52967671

Waiting for Kamberi to tweet that he's 26th on that list........

Like another poster said Kevin Thomson made us millions, won a barrel load of trophies and played in a European final making himself a fortune in the process. Can't blame the guy.

The Murray one annoyed me more at the time. I remember him giving us the finger at Ibrox. Might have been one of the 3-0 games. To be fair we were giving him some stick so if you dish it out and all that...

He didn’t say them FACT!

Spin from his Agent to whip the Hun Horde into a frenzy

Kamberi disrespected us unprompted while he was still our player only on a 6 month loan.........FACT!!!
    He had denied saying them, again 12 years later. His name was on them for over a decade. He had said them for over a decade. Its actually just if you believe him or not when he denied it. It definitely isn't a fact that he didn't say them.

At no point have I defended Kamberi. It is just very naive to think others haven't come back from showing a lot of disrespect to Hibs.

He had denied saying them, again 12 years later. His name was on them for over a decade. He had said them for over a decade. Its actually just if you believe him or not when he denied it. It definitely isn't a fact that he didn't say them.

At no point have I defended Kamberi. It is just very naive to think others haven't come back from showing a lot of disrespect to Hibs.
    I suppose it is a matter of opinion Brown Thomson Fletcher OConnor made us loads of money

Riordan and Murray chose to run down their contracts which they were perfectly entitled to do

Murray might have handled things differently but hey ho !

You might think that Thomson Murray and Riordan have disrespected us I do not

One thing we are both agreed upon is the fact that Kamberi has disrespected us

Fitbaw fans can be really fickle. A lot of Hibbies hated Lennon, then praised him while at ER and have now reverted to hating him.

It's not outwith the realms of possibility that some people would eventually get over what Kamberi said.

Though maybe only if he returned ten years later, like Thomson, and not just six months after telling the world it was his dream to play for Rangers.

In fairness though, when Thomson came back to Hibs, you could really tell that his knees were pretty much done in with all that crawling along the M8, so we maybe just forgave him out of pity.

If Kamberi stays and scores four goals on the first day of the season against Rangers at Ibrox and runs up to their ****ty wee singing section in celebration, kisses the badge on his shirt then cups his ears I might cut him some slack. He'd need to follow it up every week though.