hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you surprised he took us for a ride, look how he manipulated his exit from Grasshoppers, his public spat with Lennon and now this. He's your typical mercenary in modern day football, we're better off without his type at this club.
    Thing is, we'd be binning quite a few, including Scott Allan, if we were doing that.

Lennon was really as much to blame as Flo. Definitely revisionism going on with that one. Lennon acted very poorly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Thing is, we'd be binning quite a few, including Scott Allan, if we were doing that.

Lennon was really as much to blame as Flo. Definitely revisionism going on with that one. Lennon acted very poorly.
    Is that a fact, or was he not doing his best in training, is what I’d heard
    Only Flo to blame if that’s the case

Thing is, I used to feel the same way RE the Lennon Kamberi situation. However, it doesn't take much to see, now that Kamberi has done and said what he has, that Lennon was clearly nowhere near as out of line as originally suspected. At least that's my opinion on the matter with no inside info, I would trust Lennon's word 100 times over Kamberi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Thing is, I used to feel the same way RE the Lennon Kamberi situation. However, it doesn't take much to see, now that Kamberi has done and said what he has, that Lennon was clearly nowhere near as out of line as originally suspected. At least that's my opinion on the matter with no inside info, I would trust Lennon's word 100 times over Kamberi's.
    Has no one really thought that Kamberi's passion to leave the club stems from the way Lennon maybe treated him? There's a human involved in all this and if he felt hurt/upset by whatever went on and maybe even was bitter at the club for the way it was handled it could be understandable to see him try and suck up to the next club he was shipped to.

I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he's a big baby if that's the case and needs to toughen up, and back in their day ... etc etc. But some of the abuse the guy gets is incredible when we maybe don't consider the behind the scenes aspect from POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Has no one really thought that Kamberi's passion to leave the club stems from the way Lennon maybe treated him? There's a human involved in all this and if he felt hurt/upset by whatever went on and maybe even was bitter at the club for the way it was handled it could be understandable to see him try and suck up to the next club he was shipped to.

I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he's a big baby if that's the case and needs to toughen up, and back in their day ... etc etc. But some of the abuse the guy gets is incredible when we maybe don't consider the behind the scenes aspect from POV.
    To be fair I'd be more inclined to consider that if the club had handled the situation poorly, but if anything I think through that whole fiasco, stretching all the way to Lennon's departure, the club stood by the players rather than the manager.

Besides, Lennon is long gone so if Kamberi really wanted to kick on he'd not go about saying petty things to the media in the face of the fans years later. Not buying it

To be fair I'd be more inclined to consider that if the club had handled the situation poorly, but if anything I think through that whole fiasco, stretching all the way to Lennon's departure, the club stood by the players rather than the manager.

Besides, Lennon is long gone so if Kamberi really wanted to kick on he'd not go about saying petty things to the media in the face of the fans years later. Not buying it
    Definitely agree with that, but I'm sure we've all been there or seen someone in the situation where they're clashing with management and despite the situation being 'resolved' you never feel quite at home anymore.

What petty things has he actually said out of curiosity? I watched his Hun TV interview which, while embarrassing, was typical Jim Traynor/Hun PR machine stuff and I think I've read him say he wanted to make the move permanent which I'm not offended at in the slightest. What else has he actually came out and said himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Definitely agree with that, but I'm sure we've all been there or seen someone in the situation where they're clashing with management and despite the situation being 'resolved' you never feel quite at home anymore.

What petty things has he actually said out of curiosity? I watched his Hun TV interview which, while embarrassing, was typical Jim Traynor/Hun PR machine stuff and I think I've read him say he wanted to make the move permanent which I'm not offended at in the slightest. What else has he actually came out and said himself?
    Yeh I get where you're coming from, there's potential that it caused bad blood which was never really resolved. Must admit when on the pitch during most of his time with us I never got the impression he wasn't happy here.

I'm basically referring to that entire interview session he did when joining them on loan, if people want to believe that it all cam from Jim Traynor okay but the fact that Kamberi doesn't seem to have hesitated one bit and ran with it is what really was a kick in the teeth. Any self respecting professional would have said not a chance will I say that about my current employer. He took it and ran instead, the whole thing about since his second game for Hibs away to Ibrox he wanted to play for them instead was all Kamberi in my eyes.

FLORIAN KAMBERI looks to have played his last game for Hibs — but is set to miss out on a dream move to Rangers.

SunSport understands former Ibrox loan ace Kamberi has been targeted by clubs from FIVE different countries.

Kamberi impressed during loan spell but Rangers unlikely to make move permanent

The Swiss-born frontman impressed on loan during the second half of last season following a January switch from Easter Road.

He incensed Hibs fans by publicly courting a permanent move to Ibrox but is now interesting teams from England, Poland, Turkey, Cyprus and Germany.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Papers saying negotiations with a European club
    Arbroath are a European club.

Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    I don’t give a rats fart if he goes for free, last thing we need or want is Kamberi back in the dressing room. Save the wage and let him go,
    I thought der hun payed us 150k for a loan of him? not a bad deal, but empty him pronto.

Are you surprised he took us for a ride, look how he manipulated his exit from Grasshoppers, his public spat with Lennon and now this. He's your typical mercenary in modern day football, we're better off without his type at this club.
    Inclined to agree. He does seem to have a track record. Would be nice to at least get some cash for him though.

Left by mutual consent!

I was reading quotes from McGinn's interview about working with Lennon from the other day. He mentioned about a time where we lost 2-0 against St Mirren and Lennon was about an inch away from McGinn's face and told him that he wasnt even the best player in his own house. I think Lennon was just ruthless and his way of managing players to get the best out of them clashed with Flo's attitude, wasn't surprised at all to see Flo throw the toys out the pram at the time.

Here is the link to the McGinn interview-

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5647626/celtic-lennon-brilliant-hibs-scotland-villa-mcginn/

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Lennon and Parker hung him out to dry every week when we were going through a bad patch. It was one of the worst examples of man management I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t face up to their failings as tacticians so pinned it almost exclusively on one player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Lennon and Parker hung him out to dry every week when we were going through a bad patch. It was one of the worst examples of man management I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t face up to their failings as tacticians so pinned it almost exclusively on one player.
    I don’t think he was managed well during that period. Neither though do I think he worked hard to get us out of the hole we were in. They felt he was letting the side down - that’s why they were calling him out in private and in public (the latter never being a good strategy). Same happened with Heckingbottom and Ross ..neither of them saw him as a willing to contribute as a great team player. If Kamberi got his focus and head screwed on he has a lot of attributes to be a real good player . Evidence so far is he will bounce around clubs with some early highs and many lows ....

11 goals in a season and a half is a very poor return for a striker. Especially one who prances around doing stepovers thinking he's Ronaldo. Scored more goals in his few months on loan, which I now think was somewhat of a fluke. Doidge has blown him out the water

Don't get me wrong, Lennon and Parker are not blameless here, Kamberi had played as a left winger at Grasshoppers and was asked to do the same to help the team, obviously he wanted to be the main man in the middle and not out wide helping the team. They could've handled him better but in the same breathe he shouldn't have let his ego get in the way from helping the team, he wasn't a great team player and what I've been told wasn't overly liked in the dressing room. Jack Ross was very quick to see through him and punted him at the earliest opportunity.

Don't get me wrong, Lennon and Parker are not blameless here, Kamberi had played as a left winger at Grasshoppers and was asked to do the same to help the team, obviously he wanted to be the main man in the middle and not out wide helping the team. They could've handled him better but in the same breathe he shouldn't have let his ego get in the way from helping the team, he wasn't a great team player and what I've been told wasn't overly liked in the dressing room. Jack Ross was very quick to see through him and punted him at the earliest opportunity.
    As the saying goes, there is no "I" in "team".
    But there is in tit.

Yeh I get where you're coming from, there's potential that it caused bad blood which was never really resolved. Must admit when on the pitch during most of his time with us I never got the impression he wasn't happy here.

I'm basically referring to that entire interview session he did when joining them on loan, if people want to believe that it all cam from Jim Traynor okay but the fact that Kamberi doesn't seem to have hesitated one bit and ran with it is what really was a kick in the teeth. Any self respecting professional would have said not a chance will I say that about my current employer. He took it and ran instead, the whole thing about since his second game for Hibs away to Ibrox he wanted to play for them instead was all Kamberi in my eyes.
    I definitely think he’s been a silly boy in trying to suck up and as you say it has come across as disrespectful.

If someone is willing to make us a decent offer (admittedly right now i have no idea what constitutes as decent anymore in this climate) it would be wise to just part and wish each other well.

But if for whatever reason the market for him isn’t there or the offers aren’t right I would like to see him try and make amends on the pitch for us. The lad is clearly talented, he just doesn’t show it all that often recently.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Taking money for Flo might mean we’re able to go back for Nisbet. Don’t see there being any chance that Flo will play for us again.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Flo is like having a high powered car that only ever fires on one cylinder, it was fine when you had it for loan period test drive though.

Testimonial Due
    What do folk reckon we could get for Kamberi? Particularly if the level of interest in him is true.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    I'd let him go for 250k hasn't proved hes even worth that , waste of a wage Imo

Blog Entries
    His well documented and accurate reputation for being trouble and a poor team player could possibly cut his value by a significant amount of cash. Given his love of Rangers, I am surprised that, according to the media, they have lost interest in him. He is desperate to go there, SG is keen on having him and the fans are behind him. What’s the stumbling block in a move to Ibrox at the right price?

Kamberi was also playing with a niggling injury at the time.

And we all remember Lennon throwing the players under the bus after the Aberdeen semi.

That said, I believe that Kamberi has shown he'd still be difficult to manage even with a different approach to Lennon's.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Kamberi was also playing with a niggling injury at the time.

And we all remember Lennon throwing the players under the bus after the Aberdeen semi.

That said, I believe that Kamberi has shown he'd still be difficult to manage even with a different approach to Lennon's.
    You can say that again. I heard very strong rumours that his ‘niggling’ injuries were sometimes more like ‘fictitious’ injuries which flared up when he wasn’t up for playing, particularly in important games towards the end of last year. That, combined with his Rangers love-in, makes any chance of a reconciliation with JR highly unlikely and I think we’ll try to get rid of him to the highest bidder, which, to his dismay, will not be along the M8.

Kamberi is a fud, no doubt about it. Thing is, Lennon should've just got rid. He should've behaved himself, focused on the rest of the players and got rid of Kamberi. Instead he made it a public spat, lost the dressing room and got punted.

@hibs.net private member
    Kamberi is a fud, no doubt about it. Thing is, Lennon should've just got rid. He should've behaved himself, focused on the rest of the players and got rid of Kamberi. Instead he made it a public spat, lost the dressing room and got punted.
    Kamberi was a fans favourite at the time.

Totally agree with you though, he is a fud and lennon should have got rid. Even if the backlash from the fans would have been huge

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post

Totally agree with you though, he is a fud and lennon should have got rid. Even if the backlash from the fans would have been huge
    Russel latapy was a fans favourite when we sacked him, Stokes was a cup winning hero when we binned him. The team comes first. Sadly Neil Lennon put his ego first and made it a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post

Never MY favourite
    Lazy,stubborn ,couldn’t lead the line and had to be played out left,man short when opposition had the ball
    Yes he scored sometimes not often enough
    Not good enough

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like Jamie MacLaren he was awesome in his first half season loan spell.