hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kamberi

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He put his name to very disrespectful comments.
    Hardly crime of the Century.

He also put his name to a new contact earning us millions unlike Riordan and Murray and didn’t it his name to a transfer request like Brown. In the grand scheme of things he done very little apart from saying he wanted out of Hibs under Collins after being stripped of captaincy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post

He also put his name to a new contact earning us millions unlike Riordan and Murray and didn’t it his name to a transfer request like Brown. In the grand scheme of things he done very little apart from saying he wanted out of Hibs under Collins after being stripped of captaincy.
    He was definitely trying to get out the club before he was stripped of the captaincy

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I suppose it is a matter of opinion Brown Thomson Fletcher OConnor made us loads of money

Riordan and Murray chose to run down their contracts which they were perfectly entitled to do

Murray might have handled things differently but hey ho !

You might think that Thomson Murray and Riordan have disrespected us I do not

One thing we are both agreed upon is the fact that Kamberi has disrespected us
    You cant find Kamberis comments disrespectful and not find Thomsons very similar comments not so.

Running down the contracts and costing us millions is definitely more hurtful to the club than comments in the press.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    You cant find Kamberis comments disrespectful and not find Thomsons very similar comments not so.

Running down the contracts and costing us millions is definitely more hurtful to the club than comments in the press.
    Thomson never said them words Kamberi did

He is a HIBS supporter it is like saying you or I made those comments

Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to run down their contracts

For whatever reason it didn’t work out for either and they were welcomed back into the fold with open arms unlike our Big Swiss friend

It will be interesting to see what happens?

Maybe as another poster says he will score a hatrick at Ibroke and run across to their wee flute band singing section with his hands cupped over his ears and kissing our badge ?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    He didn’t say them FACT!

Spin from his Agent to whip the Hun Horde into a frenzy

Kamberi disrespected us unprompted while he was still our player only on a 6 month loan.........FACT!!!

It was actually Keith Jackson who wrote the story, and made up the quotes.
    Kevin said shortly after that he rashly gave Jackson free reign to 'ghost' a story and was pretty shocked when he read it, as he had not approved a draft or given agreement to the actual quotes.
    He DID deny saying the words attributed to him immediately afterwards to folk who knew him, but didn't demand retractions or 'put the record straight' through another newspaper.
    What would be the point?

FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    It was actually Keith Jackson who wrote the story, and made up the quotes.
    Kevin said shortly after that he rashly gave Jackson free reign to 'ghost' a story and was pretty shocked when he read it, as he had not approved a draft or given agreement to the actual quotes.
    He DID deny saying the words attributed to him immediately afterwards to folk who knew him, but didn't demand retractions or 'put the record straight' through another newspaper.
    What would be the point?

FACT!

"There is always one stupid mistake that changes everything"

Flo with his comments about sevco and his dream to play for them whilst still a Hibernian player did just that..

Flo,
    Leave your training gear with the kit man on the way out and mind to close the door .

Bye Bye

Personally ,i think some move may be done before training at E.Mains resumes
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 09-06-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Thomson never said them words Kamberi did

He is a HIBS supporter it is like saying you or I made those comments

Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to run down their contracts

For whatever reason it didn’t work out for either and they were welcomed back into the fold with open arms unlike our Big Swiss friend

It will be interesting to see what happens?

Maybe as another poster says he will score a hatrick at Ibroke and run across to their wee flute band singing section with his hands cupped over his ears and kissing our badge ?
    Thomson did say those words, for 10 years his name was on them and he only recently denied them (when it was easy and there was no consequences of doing so). Its subjective whether you belive that or not. A real Hibs fan denies them immediately IMO.

If Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to do that then Kamberi is perfectly entitled to do what he wants. It cant be both ways. There is a reason the fans were very unhappy with those 3 for years.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 09-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Thomson did say those words, for 10 years his name was on them and he only recently denied them (when it was easy and there was no consequences of doing so). Its subjective whether you belive that or not. A real Hibs fan denies them immediately IMO.

If Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to do that then Kamberi is perfectly entitled to do what he wants. It cant be both ways. There is a really the fans were very unhappy with those 3 for years.
    See oldbutdims last post

Kamberi can rot in the Development Squad for all I care

I would not be surprised if he is moved on before it comes to that

Sorry I did not understand your last sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post

I agree, all 3 were in some way disrespectful. I actually like Thomson, I never had a problem having him back and he worked very hard to prove himself. But, Flo cant be crucified without remembering others done similar and earned back respect.

See oldbutdims last post

Kamberi can rot in the Development Squad for all I care

I would not be surprised if he is moved on before it comes to that

Sorry I did not understand your last sentence?
    Again, though, denying it privately is pointless. You cant have your name on very bad public comments and deny them privately. He should've denied it publicly if he was so outraged.

Again, though, denying it privately is pointless. You cant have your name on very bad public comments and deny them privately. He should've denied it publicly if he was so outraged.
    I must admit at the time I had my doubts he had said that knowing what a big Hibby he was but I let it slide obviously he decided to do the same

What was the point it was already out there that is why I give him the benefit of the doubt

You are of course correct he should have corrected it at the time but he didn’t

I ultimately ended up forgiving Murray, Thomson and Riordan although with all three being Hibs fans you would expect better.

I do think the Flo one is different though the guy is still under contract at Hibs for another few years and only on loan to a club for an extremely short spell.

I hope he is sold as quickly as possible if not release him, I would rather we released him if no buyers than have him in and around our club :)

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He was definitely trying to get out the club before he was stripped of the captaincy
    I think we need to remember who his agent was and the type of person he IS, I would certainly give Thommo the benefit of the doubt here!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’m not arguing that point. Of course he and brown wanted to move as soon as they changed agents I don’t think though he would have made the comments and be so desperate to move if it wasn’t for Collins and his decisions.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree, all 3 were in some way disrespectful. I actually like Thomson, I never had a problem having him back and he worked very hard to prove himself. But, Flo cant be crucified without remembering others done similar and earned back respect.
    Definitely 👍

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    My recollection of Murray’s departure was that he batted away any suggestion that he was going to the huns during the last few months of his contract; fair enough.

On the morning of his first game for them against us (Sproule 3-0 game) he was in the Record playing down his connection to us to get into their good books. He also said he found playing for Hibs in his last match (‘Helicopter Sunday’) difficult as he knew he was signing for them. He then gave the Hibs support the finger when he was rightly given stick during the 3-0 game.

I’ve always found it strange that Murray was ‘forgiven’ despite effectively lying to us whereas Gary Caldwell was open about signing a pre-contract for Celtic and got slaughtered for it.

Fitba fans, eh?
    The huge crowd at Murray's testimonial, showed everyone just how much we had forgiven him for the finger, and the move hunwards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    I ultimately ended up forgiving Murray, Thomson and Riordan although with all three being Hibs fans you would expect better.

I do think the Flo one is different though the guy is still under contract at Hibs for another few years and only on loan to a club for an extremely short spell.

I hope he is sold as quickly as possible if not release him, I would rather we released him if no buyers than have him in and around our club :)
    No. That would be playing into his hands and what he is hoping will happen. He would be off to Rangers like a shot. It would appear they are not interested in paying a fee for him and I don’t know if they would be interested in another loan deal, but I’m sure they would snap him up if he was available for nowt.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    No. That would be playing into his hands and what he is hoping will happen. He would be off to Rangers like a shot. It would appear they are not interested in paying a fee for him and I don’t know if they would be interested in another loan deal, but I’m sure they would snap him up if he was available for nowt.
    It’s interesting when they are piling the money on some new players, that they don’t seem to be trying to sign him....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    It’s interesting when they are piling the money on some new players, that they don’t seem to be trying to sign him....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ........ surely you’re not suggesting he is personna non grata with his favourite club as well as his least favourite club.

Is this thread about kamberi or murray, thomson and co? Hope Kamberi is punted very soon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Is this thread about kamberi or murray, thomson and co? Hope Kamberi is punted very soon
    I think it’s all relative Chris.

Kamberi should go for me if there’s an opportunity of a replacement. If there’s to be no signings until deferred wages are to be paid it would be silly to leave ourselves incredibly short for half a season at least.

Best case scenario is he comes back head down plays great behind closed doors and moves on in January or even stays the season to try and get a contract elsewhere. It’s a massive year for the laddie in terms of where his next contract is coming from after this season.

@hibs.net private member
    I hate to break it to some people on here but pretty much every player in Scotland would sign for Celtic or Rangers given the chance. it's the way of the world and very few players don't have an eye on their next big move. Not sure what people expect players to say on signing a contract with them either. I'm only here for the money and I much rather be playing for Hibs rather than you cheating weegie bigots? Pretty much every club parades a new signing and gets them to say how brilliant it is to sign for them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I hate to break it to some people on here but pretty much every player in Scotland would sign for Celtic or Rangers given the chance. it's the way of the world and very few players don't have an eye on their next big move. Not sure what people expect players to say on signing a contract with them either. I'm only here for the money and I much rather be playing for Hibs rather than you cheating weegie bigots? Pretty much every club parades a new signing and gets them to say how brilliant it is to sign for them.
    I tend to agree, we have a player from Switerland who wants to make it in the game and play at as high a level as possible, its just the way of the world, Flo isn't the first and won't be the last player to say he always wanted to play for such and such a club after getting a loan deal, its no big deal for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    The difference is we own the player. It’s not very often a player leaves on loan to a club in our league that has historically bad blood between each other and then portrays his love for that club and doesn’t want to go back to the club who gave him the platform in the country he’s in.

If Jack Ross plays Flo, that's fine by me as he is best placed to make this decision.

If he can turn in performances like the he did against Aberdeen in December, then that'll do nicely.

Certainly the benefit of playing behind close doors, would remove the counter-productive verbal abuse he would encounter from some, irrespective of how well he might be playing.

he'd need to kiss my arse gently, before i'd forgive his comments, and that aint gonna happen. swiss Toni the car salesman is more honest than him

First Team Breakthrough
    Where his comments smart - no
    annoying - yes
    However not playing him/freezing him out would limit our ability to get a decent price for him. Let’s be honest if he scored some goals in the friendlies and started the season with a flurry of finishes. It would all be forgotten about till he signed a pre contract with someone in Jan.