hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts are a lower league team so the money that is supposedly being pledged has a lot to do with them.
    It will ensure they have a competition to play in. Thats the main aim from what I took from this afternoon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    That statement was tongue in cheek. He knows full well Budge is lying her arse off. No fool is going to hand over £ million with zero strings attached. It doesn't happen in the real world, only in Budge's mind. Even Doncaster - who I've no time for - knows that.

Doncaster need to back off a bit here. Budge is going through a mental breakdown and doesn't need ridiculed any more in public. Someone needs to step in and stop her from being exploited by the media in this way. It is shameful.
    Is that not how it works at hertz? They donate and donate with no strings attached?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    To be honest, if this money comes to pass I dont believe it will change peoples minds on reconstruction.

(a) If they did, as you point out it looks corrupt

but

(b) If there was the money for them to play closed doors matches then the "dire need for reconstruction" disappears.

If Budge is genuine (big if, imo) about no strings, then - despite what it looks like - I dont believe that everyone will suddenly change their minds...............esp as the cash isnt being aimed at the Premiership.
    Meaning if Benny Factors multi millions get distributed and Hearts dont get the division extended to 14 teams with them in it, Mrs Unhinged will take the rest of the clubs to court for restrictive trading practices, aiming to get her own Benny Factors money back! Only, this time, the clubs could afford to lose and pay out, because they'll have the mystery millions. Alternatively, B factor hands over the spondulicks, Hearts go to court and lose - ring ring "Mr B Factor, its Mrs Unhinged here, we need more millions to pay the costs on the case we've just lost"

Waxy said earlier in this thread he hoped this would be over by Monday - this time last week I was of that mind but having heard that interview earlier today, I cant wait now for tomorrows Sportsound - then next weeks - and the week after....

@hibs.net private member
    At least she providing some entertainment with her ramblings. I genuinely believe that the no strings comment was a slip of the tongue and in true Trump fashion she’ll claim she was being sarcastic and that she’ll fund testing for lower league clubs if her restructuring plan goes through.

But if there is money there, as has been pointed out already, why don’t the mystery benefactors not sponsor the SPLF for a season. They could even copy Hibs and have it as the Thank You NHS league. That way there’s good publicity from it around the world.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    At least she providing some entertainment with her ramblings. I genuinely believe that the no strings comment was a slip of the tongue and in true Trump fashion she’ll claim she was being sarcastic and that she’ll fund testing for lower league clubs if her restructuring plan goes through.

But if there is money there, as has been pointed out already, why don’t the mystery benefactors not sponsor the SPLF for a season. They could even copy Hibs and have it as the Thank You NHS league. That way there’s good publicity from it around the world.
    I couldn't understand why they don't sponsor the Championship, division 1 and 2.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I couldn't understand why they don't sponsor the Championship, division 1 and 2.

Exactly. Budge has confirmed that Hearts will survive relegation, and now she claims she knows philanthropists willing to put millions into Scottish football.

No problem then... Hearts can resume training and her pals can help cover the costs of getting league football back underway.

She also said on Sportsound that if the season had been played to its conclusion and Hearts had finished 12th, we ‘wouldn’t hear a peep out of her’, so reconstruction clearly isn’t that important to her after all.

My biggest worry is that she has now turned into a full blown fantasist, and these philanthropic riches don’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I've read it but a long, long time ago. I bought an updated copy a few years back so i may have to revisit in lockdown.
    Should be compulsory reading in high school the world would be a better place

I'll tell you what, this cash-rich Scottish Championship is shaping up to be an exciting league next year with all this mystery money that's going to be sloshing around, or is that my "jealous Hobo gene" clouding my judgement?

It's high time for the whistle to be blown on this pantomime now, it's went beyond funny and is now tiresome and boring. I've long given up on our media to present a balanced, coherent analysis and our governing bodies should put HMFC out of their misery and TELL them as a member club to either accept their fate with good grace and in the process call their bluff on their legal action, if necessary invoking the clause that stops clubs suing their own league.

The adults can then get back to the serious business of trying to prepare as best they can for next season, and we can leave Budge, the Conveyancer, Foulkes, Ian Murray & co to wail down their echo chamber for a while.

They've shot their bolt now - finish it this week SPFL, please.

no strings attached

My first thought on the mention of the mystery millions was to take it with a very big pinch of salt. What got me was the initial reaction from the panel on Sportsound, which was like a child being offered a sweet by a stranger. They immediately criticised Doncaster and even suggested he should be camped in the mystery benefactor’s garden. These imbeciles seem to have totally forgotten about due diligence and, it has to be said, the history this particular club has with what might have looked at the time, to the layman, as money laundering under Vlad; not to mention the mental strain that AB has put herself under. Everyone hopes that there will be money put into Scottish football but this does seem like rather an odd way to go about it, not to mention the timing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    My first thought on the mention of the mystery millions was to take it with a very big pinch of salt. What got me was the initial reaction from the panel on Sportsound, which was like a child being offered a sweet by a stranger. They immediately criticised Doncaster and even suggested he should be camped in the mystery benefactor’s garden. These imbeciles seem to have totally forgotten about due diligence and, it has to be said, the history this particular club has with what might have looked at the time, to the layman, as money laundering under Vlad; not to mention the mental strain that AB has put herself under. Everyone hopes that there will be money put into Scottish football but this does seem like rather an odd way to go about it, not to mention the timing.

My suspicion is that Budge is making it all up.

We will soon find out. This story won’t go away.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Next move.... telling FOH it would be on the best interests of the club (and Scottish Football obviously) if she sells her shareS to a third party. This is all about her protecting her own investment, she went in over her head and knows she is facing a massive personal financial hit. IMHO of course.
    Bet she's wishing she never got involved now. Easily the worst decision she'll ever make.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

If I was in charge of FoH, I'd be wanting the shares handed over right now, before she makes some excuse to sell them to that Gillet guy.

Actually, come to think of it, is he maybe the 'philanthropist' and this is his way of manipulating the old bat to force a takeover?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Doncaster should have just asked Budge to pass on the SPFL bank details and waited for the phantom millions to appear.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Apologies if said before.

Hearts cannot take the SPFL to court, they risk being thrown out of football intirely.

FIFA rules dictate that no affiliated club can take outside court action against it's own association.

Every member club signs up for this, she is wasting her time. Mad old bag, full of wind and pish.

@hibs.net private member
    World Cup stars.

Champions League winners in 5 years.

No strings attached philanthropist millions.

She’s like a legit Mr Romanov.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    World Cup stars.

Until she wins an award for ballroom dancing, and acquires her own submarine, I, for one, refuse to treat them as anwhere near equals. I will let her off if she chooses not to launch a range of reversible satin blousons.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    World Cup stars.

She said she gets offers to buy the club all the time and the offers keep going up. She was asked how much the offers were, she replied she didn't know as she doesn't ask...so how does she know they're going up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie70 View Post
    She said she gets offers to buy the club all the time and the offers keep going up. She was asked how much the offers were, she replied she didn't know as she doesn't ask...so how does she know they're going up.

Now that’s what I call a planning application.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sorry if this has been covered before but seen loads of people on social media saying Doncaster should have engaged in dialogue with these mystery benefactors.

Surely he couldn’t do so until he clarified what their motives were. If there was any suggestion at all something underfund could be going on by Budge he’d have to keep his distance.

If a club chairman like Budge was putting lots of pressure on for Hearts to stay up and then effectively starts offering bribes, if he was to get involved in entertaining that at all he’d be exposing himself and the spfl to all sorts of accusations.

I think he was spot on to keep his distance until he was given assurances there were no ties to the offer.

I’m not a fan of Doncaster at all in that I don’t think our game gets promoted well enough at all, I think he seems like a very switched on and sensible guy though, I also think he appears to be running rings around Budge and her chronies.

It’s not really hers to sell anyway. FOH have a legally binding contract to buy the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before but seen loads of people on social media saying Doncaster should have engaged in dialogue with these mystery benefactors.

Surely he couldn’t do so until he clarified what their motives were. If there was any suggestion at all something underfund could be going on by Budge he’d have to keep his distance.

If a club chairman like Budge was putting lots of pressure on for Hearts to stay up and then effectively starts offering bribes, if he was to get involved in entertaining that at all he’d be exposing himself and the spfl to all sorts of accusations.

I think he was spot on to keep his distance until he was given assurances there were no ties to the offer.

I’m not a fan of Doncaster at all in that I don’t think our game gets promoted well enough at all, I think he seems like a very switched on and sensible guy though, I also think he appears to be running rings around Budge and her chronies.
    If these people are really proper megarich do gooders they would have just rang the SPFL themselves, and why is this news coming out right at the death of hearts reconstruction attempt?
    My guess is Budge is full of brownish waste product.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If these people are really proper megarich do gooders they would have just rang the SPFL themselves, and why is this news coming out right at the death of hearts reconstruction attempt?
    My guess is Budge is full of brownish waste product.
    I think at best she’s tried to create a scandal to discredit Doncaster and the SPFL, at worst she’s tried to buy him and effectively pay for Hearts to stay up.

He’s seen through her though and not fallen for it, fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was what the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

Maybe the people on social media haven't looked very closely at what Doncaster said or they are Jambos putting a spin on it that better suits their point of view.

“I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.

I am delighted to have heard Ann’s comment on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors, but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

Clearly, any income for our game, especially at such a difficult time, is something we would all welcome. I will be speaking again to Ann over the weekend and hope to be in a position to update our divisional meetings this week."
    Last edited by 007; 31-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

Maybe the people on social media haven't looked very closely at what Doncaster said or they are Jambos putting a spin on it that better suits their point of view.

“I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.

I am delighted to have heard Ann’s comment on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors, but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

Clearly, any income for our game, especially at such a difficult time, is something we would all welcome. I will be speaking again to Ann over the weekend and hope to be in a position to update our divisional meetings this week."
    Yep, he's reeled her in with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Just schedule the domestic league fixtures and juggle them whe UEFA get their act together...its not like games never get moved for TV or called off because of the weather like.
    This
    Seems fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    From the BBC

"Budge, speaking to BBC Scotland Sportsound, described the offer of help for Scotland's lower-league clubs as "an amazing philanthropic gesture", believed to be worth millions of pounds with no conditions.

The businesswoman continued: "They know me because of Hearts. What they're saying is, 'We would like to help Scottish football', and I can't even get*that*moving.

"It's not quick enough, it's not decisive enough. I'm offering them money! Not*my*money. I don't think it should be for me to say, 'Here's a pot of money, this is how I think it should be spent'."

So respectable benefactors who want to help Scottish football are going to withdraw their offer if they don't get an answer within a week?

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 5A Prime en utilisant Tapatalk
    She really has lost it, loopy

£50 million was a spectacular number she came out with on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was what the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors,but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

The line in bold above is the most revealing quote.

No offence to Budge and I’m sure in her day she was good at what she did. But she’s starting to come over as a bit of a simpleton now. It’s obvious that someone is ripping the pish out of her, giving her advice that is feeding her increasingly nutty delusions...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    £50 million was a spectacular number she came out with on saturday

Did she not say along the lines off, if there was an offer of that amount it would be something worth talking about