hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

... so until the comments played on Sportsound today it wasn’t clear that there were no conditions ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolute cracker of a Statement from Doncaster... "OK ya auld slaver I put up with your p!$# during the week out of courtesy. Now put up or shut up...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    The Budge era has now officially become more bizarre than Romanov's reign. We really need a book: "From Mercer to Budge : How Hearts blew £100 million".

@hibs.net private member
    So the SPFL have called her bluff, as it's obvious to anyone but the deluded they would do. She's absolute amateur hour stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Get the SPFL fixtures published, a sign of tangible progress and leaving the undelivered, undeliverable and just general waffle as the one dimensional sideshow that it is.

Hearts really need to focus on their Championship challenge.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Said they can’t do fixtures because they don’t know the international & Europa dates

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Said they can’t do fixtures because they don’t know the international & Europa dates
    Just schedule the domestic league fixtures and juggle them whe UEFA get their act together...its not like games never get moved for TV or called off because of the weather like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    It's so transparent that it's a bribe, the SPFL know it's a bribe hence why they've asked her to put it in writing. So now she's bleating that they're slowing things down by insisting on having it in writing. It's pathetic.
    You'd think a former board member would know all bribes have to be put in writing.

I'd love to know how the conversation with the benefactor went this afternoon after that aired.

"So you said we would fund the lower leagues with no strings attached and presumably Hearts staying in the Championship, is that right?"

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Poor annie will be sent to carstairs after all this is over with

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Edit: This was specifically re having to establish the source of the funds, but really agree with everything said here!

Blog Entries
    This whole thing gets more bizarre by the minute. If she can get access to free money so easily then why all the hysterics? Maybe Benny will finally lift his/her head.
    Love the thread title Crops, not quite what Tressell had in mind!

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I thought the following quote from her was interesting and shows how naive she is:

"If I go right back to 15 March, I wrote to the SPFL and said we need to look at this so that clubs don't suffer. What I got back was a letter that basically said, 'Yes, if you would like to do the work and tell us what articles need changed, we'll look at it'.

"That is not what I expect from the governing body. I expect them to take more leadership."

There is a saying, don't give me problems give me solutions. She gave them a problem and they have, rightly in my opinion, asked her for proposed solutions.

Much as it gars me greet, SPFL are right, and that is leadership the person who has the issue has been asked to describe the issue and ways out of it.

She is playing to the gallery, although I think what is clear is she is a techy who got lucky and doesn't have a clue about business and less about strategy.

To be honest I don't think she has a plan, let alone a strategy.

She is clutching at every straw that she can and in the process of doing so is making it so obvious that she is desperate that every straw is another one added to the camel's back.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'd love to know how the conversation with the benefactor went this afternoon after that aired.

"So you said we would fund the lower leagues with no strings attached and presumably Hearts staying in the Championship, is that right?"

Or alternatively after the ND statement - “What’s this about there having been strings attached to the offer?”

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

The thread on this on Kickback is a new low for them and they have had several real lows. Looks like all they have left is grovelling sycophancy towards Budge... unless they actually believe Hearts are selflessly offering to save Scottish fitba. That’s the big team for you.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

All of them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Who would believe that during a pandemic with businesses going to the wall and many thousands in the country losing their jobs, that she has a list of entrepreneurs who are willing (anonymously) to plough multi millions of £s into Scottish football, with no strings? Absolutely incredible. And if these benefactors are out there, why would they go through Ann Budge, instead of going directly to Neil Doncaster, or whoever, at the SPFL?
    Looks like a lot more to come on this matter but it needs to be 100% separated completely from the issue of league reconstruction.

Perfectly put, spot on pal!!

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Where did you see this, on their twitter?
    https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/sta...063930881?s=21

Some golf correspondent

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The thread on this on Kickback is a new low for them and they have had several real lows. Looks like all they have left is grovelling sycophancy towards Budge... unless they actually believe Hearts are selflessly offering to save Scottish fitba. That’s the big team for you.
    Maybe they'll stop bleating about corruption now that their own club's attempt at bribery has been knocked back.

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    There is a saying, don't give me problems give me solutions. ...

OMG, I hate that expression.

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

No conversation at all i guess.She’ll have 10 missed calls, turned her phone off and headed to the greenhouse with a bottle and a half of sherry and a bag of doritos.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Got to be the boy Al Rahji... I’m sure that’s who Ann said she thought she was talking to when she phoned Doncaster

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Mrs. Budge is obviously delusional. If there are people willing to invest in Scottish Football, why would they be talking to the desperate CEO of a football club that is teetering on the brink of disaster, rather than the executives of the SFA or SPFL? Especially as it is being presented as ‘no strings attached’ money. There is no way on earth money people would be using Mrs. B as a conduit, unless the money is tainted or they are incredibly stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    So the SPFL have called her bluff, as it's obvious to anyone but the deluded they would do. She's absolute amateur hour stuff.
    Great response from SPFL. Get the impression they've lost all patience with this woman and now just calling her out and fact checking her like Trump.

Has Budge blamed China yet ?

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    OMG, I hate that expression.

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.
    I get what you're saying but the problem is that too often all that people do is look up the way and then complain when a solution is imposed on them. The expertise is generally below the senior manager and the senior manager's role is to make a decision based on the info provided.
    A good manager listens a bad manager cops out as you have described - there is a difference.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Mrs. Budge is obviously delusional. If there are people willing to invest in Scottish Football, why would they be talking to the desperate CEO of a football club that is teetering on the brink of disaster, rather than the executives of the SFA or SPFL? Especially as it is being presented as ‘no strings attached’ money. There is no way on earth money people would be using Mrs. B as a conduit, unless the money is tainted or they are incredibly stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Budge has lost it completely. There is no one who will hand £ millions over with no strings attached. No one.

There may be no contract but there will most certainly be an expectation that Hearts will receive beneficial treatment. That can be the only reason for Budge announcing this, rather than it being dealt with at SPFL level. It's as obvious a bride as you'll ever come across. Again, she's treating the SPFL and other club chairmen like fools.

Serious question. Anyone else think Budge might be in the middle of having a breakdown ? What else could explain her behaviour and nonsensical ramblings ?

Why can't they just **** off? Honestly I'm fed up of the whole circus.

They were pish all season and they have been on a downward trajectory since their first season back in the Premiership. Take the medicine, deal with it and this time actually try to learn something about living within your means.

Even in the midst of the biggest global news story since WWII they still manage to bore everyone trying to make it all about them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Has she replied to one of those Nigerian lottery emails? I gave them my bank details a few weeks ago but am still waiting for the £3.2m to be deposited ...

How many games have they actually won in the last 2 years? Incredible people on here hate the old firm more than them. ****

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/sta...063930881?s=21

Some golf correspondent

What a servile, repugnant whelp that chap must be.

Not the sharpest tool in the box either. What he said is pretty non sequitur with The Donc’s tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Has she replied to one of those Nigerian lottery emails? I gave them my bank details a few weeks ago but am still waiting for the £3.2m to be deposited ...
    Haha - that was my thought exactly. Auld rich birds like her are the prime target demographic for that carry on.