hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar

Testing Costs / Possible Fundraiser

Admins, please feel free to delete if not acceptable,
    With the estimated costs to clubs for testing now being suggested as around the £4K per week, I proposed on a Hibs fans Facebook forum that perhaps we the supporters could donate the cost of a match day pint or half or anything else you can give to bear the cost of testing for our club, I'm sure many like me would far rather see another £4k's worth of talent on the pitch every week than another £4 in our pockets, would anyone else be keen to see this taken up by all Hibs supporters groups/forums, working together to make it happen

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can Absoloutely see the point, and it's a great idea. Problem for me is where does it stop? I feel this is a great time to clear the deadwood. Go quality over quantity and give some of the young boys a chance. We have contributed enough already, even more so during this time buying season tickets for matches we likely won't attend.

I think it’s well worth a try and may appeal to supporters who can’t commit to a season ticket but may still want to contribute in a small way.. certainly worth considering.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I don’t think it’s 4K per week. SFA sources machines that can be positioned at training centres which give results in an hour and it’s a fraction of the 4K. Celtic and Ross County already have theirs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by persevere1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the estimated costs to clubs for testing now being suggested as around the £4K per week, I proposed on a Hibs fans Facebook forum that perhaps we the supporters could donate the cost of a match day pint or half or anything else you can give to bear the cost of testing for our club, I'm sure many like me would far rather see another £4k's worth of talent on the pitch every week than another £4 in our pockets, would anyone else be keen to see this taken up by all Hibs supporters groups/forums, working together to make it happen
    Not not for me, have renewed my ST, and not taken up the the refund offer that’s enough. If the players want to give up 20%?of their salary to help they can.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I don’t think it’s 4K per week. SFA sources machines that can be positioned at training centres which give results in an hour and it’s a fraction of the 4K. Celtic and Ross County already have theirs.
    This could save Budge an absolute fortune 😏

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by persevere1875 View Post
    a general point/question.

With many avenues to inject money Already into the club it’s something has been explored since the time of “150k for Leigh”.

we already have kicks for kids, HSL two obvious ones you could buy as many Happy Hibee tickets as feasibly possible.

Why the need for another? If people already giving what they can giving why should they invest in different scheme if it All ends up at the club anyway - you could argue that the administration of multiple initiatives is wasteful as they could be streamlined and simplified?

is it that the other initiatives have peaked and this fresher idea will spark the imagination?

surely the club needs to pay for its own fixed costs to avoid over reliance on External/less reliable funding would we therefore not be better channelling dosh for players - which brings me back to my original point - we already have that in place?

dont get me wrong ANY additional cash is welcome. But There is also the danger that one initiative cannibalises another - ie draws money that would have otherwise gone to another initiative.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 31-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    HSL money is presumably going into the club monthly, it’s definitely coming out the way.
    I’m sure the contributors would consent to it being funnelled into testing, might even encourage more.

It’s never enough that’s, the facts supporting a club they will always need more money and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with someone encouraging another fund raiser to contribute. I know there are current mechanisms to do so but sometimes something new and fresh branding will encourage people to provide additional support to the club opposed to potentially say increasing an existing pledge. Anyone contributing in the many ways they are deserve massive praise 👏

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    HSL money is presumably going into the club monthly, it’s definitely coming out the way.
    I’m sure the contributors would consent to it being funnelled into testing, might even encourage more.
    To be fair that's something that's been mentioned on another fans forum and I'm all for utilizing the systems that are already in place, if theres any HSL reps on the forum and they think they can it something together them I'd be more than happy with that