hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poland has just announced the restart of their league with stadiums at 25% capacity. Seems risky to me.
    With segregation and social distancing put in place I don't think it will be that much of a big deal. As another poster mentioned, Poland have a very low rate of deaths per population. 5,000 in Easter Road could easily be attained with precautions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The truth is that no one knows what is going to happen with this virus. Some medical experts are adamant lockdown is being eased too early. Whilst I have elderly and vulnerable family and friends a return to Easter Road is low on my priorities.
    And I have a current and renewed season ticket.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    According to the Sunday Mirror this morning, the FA Cup Final that they hope to play on August 1st, they want game played in front of 10,000 fans from each team????
    What was the point of 12 weeks shut down, if they are going to start bring crowds to games?
    Once we know that the "R" number is staying well below 1 and there are not as many cases reported every day, then maybe consider partially opening stadiums!
    At the moment it seems money is talking over peoples lives and health, they just want to throw caution to the wind and get on with it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.
    Scotland has the worst record in the UK for dealing with the virus? What’s your source for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    According to the Sunday Mirror this morning, the FA Cup Final that they hope to play on August 1st, they want game played in front of 10,000 fans from each team????
    What was the point of 12 weeks shut down, if they are going to start bring crowds to games?
    Once we know that the "R" number is staying well below 1 and there are not as many cases reported every day, then maybe consider partially opening stadiums!
    At the moment it seems money is talking over peoples lives and health, they just want to throw caution to the wind and get on with it!!!!!
    1 person in every five seats in an outdoor arena with hand sanitisers everywhere and people wearing face masks sounds very safe to me?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    1 person in every five seats in an outdoor arena with hand sanitisers everywhere and people wearing face masks sounds very safe to me?

So 4,000 at ER. We can do it in shifts

@hibs.net private member
    Would people from the same household be able to sit together.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    So 4,000 at ER. We can do it in shifts
    That’s why we may have to use Murrayfield but if it’s only 4000 allowed in Easter road then so be it. It’s better than playing behind closed doors. We could do with a bit of positivity around trying to get back to normal life rather than people just saying how crap some of the measures will be.
    Very easy to knock these solutions that the authorities are coming up with but without them we may not have a club.

That’s why we may have to use Murrayfield but if it’s only 4000 allowed in Easter road then so be it. It’s better than playing behind closed doors. We could do with a bit of positivity around trying to get back to normal life rather than people just saying how crap some of the measures will be.
    Very easy to knock these solutions that the authorities are coming up with but without them we may not have a club.

BILLYHIBS posted on his 'This Day...' thread today that there were less than 4000 in attendance to see Hibs beat Rangers on the last game of 78-79 season (no doubt Hibbies were sick of the sight of the Huns after 2 cup final replays). No-one wants to return to crowds of that size (which weren't uncommon in the grim days of the early 80s, if I remember correctly), but on a temporary basis until it is deemed safe to allow more fans back into ER would we not reluctantly accept it?

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    BILLYHIBS posted on his 'This Day...' thread today that there were less than 4000 in attendance to see Hibs beat Rangers on the last game of 78-79 season (no doubt Hibbies were sick of the sight of the Huns after 2 cup final replays). ...

Yep, I think it was more the fact that it was the fourth game between the two teams in about three weeks, and everybody was just dying for the season to be finally over.

My opinion is still that we should take the opportunity to allow as many people as possible into games.

If that means making use of Murrayfield, then so be it. I'd rather watch us play at Murrayfield in front of 16k than at ER in front of 4k... (which kind of negates the 'soulless' Murrayfield argument)

Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.

Not sure if you are pushing some kind of agenda ,but Scotland does not have the worst record,give your sources and please be sure the stats qouted are based on the same recording methods of those stats.

The situation is dreadful ,it sure does not need to used to push an agenda
    Last edited by hhibs; 31-05-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Could work there but I wouldn’t bother going. Huge soulless rugby stadium with spectators spread about with massive gaps everywhere not for me. I won’t go back until it’s ER and we are all back in our own seats.
    Agree 100%. Sad days ahead for football. Just wait til you see what they have planned for us during winter quarantine.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Not sure if you are pushing some kind of agenda ,but Scotland does not have the worst record,give your sources and please be sure the stats qouted are based on the same recording methods of those stats.

As you should know, direct comparison with other countries is problematic at the moment due to different counting methods.

However, the impact on Scotland so far has been dreadful. It is entirely appropriate for a vigilant electorate to ask why this might be - only those with an ‘agenda’ would say otherwise.

In England, it’s the Tories who are trying to silence any criticism by claiming that this is somehow an inappropriate ‘politicisation’ of the issue. I really hope cyber-nats don’t copy them.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    As you should know, direct comparison with other countries is problematic at the moment due to different counting methods.

However, the impact on Scotland so far has been dreadful. It is entirely appropriate for a vigilant electorate to ask why this might be - only those with an ‘agenda’ would say otherwise.

In England, it’s the Tories who are trying to silence any criticism by claiming that this is somehow an inappropriate ‘politicisation’ of the issue. I really hope cyber-nats don’t copy them.
    Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?
    So yes, criticise the SG for not doing as well as Ireland, Denmark, Norway etc but don’t make up totally false facts to have a go at them.

Scotland has the worst record in the UK for dealing with the virus? What’s your source for this?

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6189510]Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?
    So yes, criticise the SG for not doing as well as Ireland, Denmark, Norway etc but don’t make up totally false facts to have a go at them.

Far too many posters on here go looking for perceived slights to their views.I wasn't referring to the performance of the SG but to the situation within the population of Scotland where the R method has us nearest 1 in the UK and therefore the likeliest to enter a higher re infection phase with its knock on effects for relaxing lockdown.So no I wasn't making up facts,or having a go at the SG but never mind.

[QUOTE=ancient hibee;6189597]
    Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?

Far too many posters on here go looking for perceived slights to their views.I wasn't referring to the performance of the SG but to the situation within the population of Scotland where the R method has us nearest 1 in the UK and therefore the likeliest to enter a higher re infection phase with its knock on effects for relaxing lockdown.So no I wasn't making up facts,or having a go at the SG but never mind.
    where is your r number source from ?

Testimonial Due

The safety factor goes out the window going in and out of the ground!
    Can't see people queuing 2 metres apart to wait to go through a turnstile, then once the games over, its the usual free for all to get out as quickly as possible?
    Fans can be very respectful most of the time, but it only takes 1 idiot and its carnage!!!!
    Every team has them, safer just to watch on TV!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    The safety factor goes out the window going in and out of the ground!
    Can't see people queuing 2 metres apart to wait to go through a turnstile, then once the games over, its the usual free for all to get out as quickly as possible?
    Fans can be very respectful most of the time, but it only takes 1 idiot and its carnage!!!!
    Every team has them, safer just to watch on TV!!!!
    Your describing pre covid behaviour. Some of the behaviour we are seeing just going to Tesco I would have thought unlikely 3 months ago.

@hibs.net private member

BBC news stated deaths per 100k population is 46 in England and 51 in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    You’ll have a link for that?

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post

Perchance the BBC also clearly identified that they use different counting methodogy,the English numbers are under reported compared to SCotland ,of coures both are under reported but at least the SG is trying to be more accurate.

Of course ,it highly unlikely that the BBC bothered to even try to be accurare in its comparison report !!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Cyber-nats ?? now that is a very agenda sounding word.

Coaching Staff
    [QUOTE=The dalmeny;6189615]

where is your r number source from ?
    Nicola Sturgeon has quoted it as between 0.7 & 0.9 hence her reason for not lifting lock down as quickly as other UK countries.

@hibs.net private member

No smart phone to give a link especially to a tv news programme (this morning around 08:20). I heard it and saw it myself - I'm not deaf or blind and not looking to score points so believe me or not, I don't give a Tom Kite.

@hibs.net private member
    Perchance the BBC also clearly identified that they use different counting methodogy,the English numbers are under reported compared to SCotland ,of coures both are under reported but at least the SG is trying to be more accurate.

Of course ,it highly unlikely that the BBC bothered to even try to be accurare in its comparison report !!

I read the above and began to lose the will to live. I merely posted what I had seen and heard on a news report. Unlike you I have no political or national agenda so will return to my book (fiction like most of your input on this post) for the evening.

Clearly easily led if two sentences provokes you to lose the will to live.

Do you really go through life without questioning statements you see or hear or more importantly in this case ,that are reported second hand.

Enjoy your book fiction or fact as it may be ,just be sure which it actually is.
    Last edited by hhibs; 31-05-2020 at 09:11 PM.

I’ve been social distancing from Jambos effectively since 1875 so it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yep, I think it was more the fact that it was the fourth game between the two teams in about three weeks, and everybody was just dying for the season to be finally over.

My opinion is still that we should take the opportunity to allow as many people as possible into games.

If that means making use of Murrayfield, then so be it. I'd rather watch us play at Murrayfield in front of 16k than at ER in front of 4k... (which kind of negates the 'soulless' Murrayfield argument)
    How much would the SRU charge to hire it for the day ?
    Not a dig at anybody btw just it might not be afordable

It was reported on the news today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jrx7/the-andrew-marr-show-31052020 around 17minutes in.
    Last edited by gaz1875; 31-05-2020 at 09:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Clearly easily led if two sentences provokes you to lose the will to live.

Do you really go through life without questioning statements you see or hear or more importantly in this case ,that are reported second hand.

Enjoy your book fiction or fact as it may be ,just be sure which it actually is.

Can you not read? I stated quite clearly that I was merely passing on what I had seen and heard on BBC news. I gave it neither credit or scorn, just put it on here to show why some folk took a particular view. I was passing on the FACT that it had been quoted on the BBC news not that the figures were FACT.

Edit: see reply 89 above - it was indeed the Andrew Marr show and not the news - I had watched both.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 01-06-2020 at 09:23 AM.