hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first
    I think you are badly wrong. It'll be October at the latest with limited capacity.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Hibs have already been practising the staggered entry all season thanks to the new turnstile system.
    Turnstiles will have to go. They are an absolute virus hotspot.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Turnstiles will have to go. They are an absolute virus hotspot.
    Not exactly a big problem,

Will be hand held scanners by a steward at the exit doors I assume

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first
    I don’t think you’re right with that. If shops are open and kids are at school I think fans will be allowed into stadiums. Shops and schools are both indoors and that presents a far bigger risk than outdoor activities like football. There’s a lot of water to flow under the bridge before next season is due to start, including the very real potential of an effective treatment being developed.

United we stand here....

Fans at games is at phase 4 of the routemap and given how cautious the approach in Scotland has been so far, I can't see us getting to phase 4 unless either a vaccine or effective drug is rolled out or this track and trace is such a big success that the virus is practically wiped out.

Hibs should consider running a ballot of ST holders, 1000 get chosen each game. 20 seats in between folk. Good incentive to buy a ST too.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Hibs should consider running a ballot of ST holders, 1000 get chosen each game. 20 seats in between folk. Good incentive to buy a ST too.
    Aye so it is 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Fans at games is at phase 4 of the routemap and given how cautious the approach in Scotland has been so far, I can't see us getting to phase 4 unless either a vaccine or effective drug is rolled out or this track and trace is such a big success that the virus is practically wiped out.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/scotland-lockdown-route-map-scottish-exit-plan-coronavirus-rules-when-end-explained-2860824%3famp

The earliest date that this has been pencilled in for is the 30th July.

We obviously might not make that target but it’s entirely possible we will. If we don’t make it then it’s a bit of a stretch to say it won’t happen this year, or never unless a vaccine is found.

Hope I'm wrong but not sure about fans in stadiums in 2020 in any numbers

@hibs.net private member
    No way fans will be in stadiums before 2021 and probably a bit into 2021. Ridiculous risk with peoples lives to allow people in anytime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/scotland-lockdown-route-map-scottish-exit-plan-coronavirus-rules-when-end-explained-2860824%3famp

The earliest date that this has been pencilled in for is the 30th July.

We obviously might not make that target but it’s entirely possible we will. If we don’t make it then it’s a bit of a stretch to say it won’t happen this year, or never unless a vaccine is found.
    The Scottish Government put in a specific caveat of moving between phases 3 and 4 which is;

Progressing from Phase 3 to Phase 4 (the final phase in our transition), the virus must effectively have ceased to be a significant issue in Scotland. That might be because, for example, an effective vaccine has been developed and used on sufficient scale in Scotland and/or we have an effective treatment available across Scotland that essentially removed the health risk from the virus and/or transmission is so low that we are confident that the virus can be controlled without the restrictions of Phase 3.

Reaching phase 4 will be dependent on one of three things happening;

1- A viable vaccine is found and widely available to the general public.

2- An effective life saving drug is found and widely available to the general public.

3- Something like TTI has been such a success that the transmission of the virus in Scotland is at a level where it can be easily controlled without the restrictions of phase 3 - which essentially means that physical distancing is no longer essential.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Mentions Sky but doesn't really say anything about the biggest hurdle – will Sky agree to this? The restrictions in the current TV deal (and there's no reason to think the new one would be different) are the reason that Hibs TV is audio only in the UK.

Would a compromise be possible where Sky agree that games they are not televising can be streamed?
    This will be for games outside the Sky contract. Remember we can screen 3pm KO’s now

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Mentions Sky but doesn't really say anything about the biggest hurdle – will Sky agree to this? The restrictions in the current TV deal (and there's no reason to think the new one would be different) are the reason that Hibs TV is audio only in the UK.

Would a compromise be possible where Sky agree that games they are not televising can be streamed?

There is surely a deal to be done. Sky will want their piece of the pie but a compromise can be reached - that is, if Sky don’t want to broadcast every match themselves.

Broadcasting every game looks a lot more achievable than anything else right now.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This will be for games outside the Sky contract. Remember we can screen 3pm KO’s now
    That's a separate thing, isn't it? If that were the only barrier, then in the past Hibs TV would have been able to show non-Sky/BT games that weren't 3pm Saturday (games moved to Sunday because a team played in Europe on the Thursday, rescheduled mid-week games, etc).

The fact that they've never done that suggests that there's some kind of exclusivity in the Sky/BT contracts – aside from the games they will actually show, you're still not allowed to televise the other league games (at least within the UK) or sell the rights to those games to anyone else. Could be wrong.

I assume Sky would be under pressure in the current circumstances to agree to it, but the question is whether they'd ask for anything in return.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    There is surely a deal to be done. Sky will want their piece of the pie but a compromise can be reached - that is, if Sky don’t want to broadcast every match themselves.

Broadcasting every game looks a lot more achievable than anything else right now.
    Yeah, I agree a deal should be possible, but I found it odd that the article didn't mention this at all.

Phase 3 states live events are permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing in place

I was previously of the thought that it’ll be all or nothing. I’m still not sure that it’s particularly practical but other industries can adapt so I don’t see why football should be any different. Pubs are going to open differently for instance. Cinemas are talking about opening in July. If they can get reduced numbers in, indoors in an enclosed space, I don’t see why football couldn’t do it outdoors in a big space.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Phase 3 states live events are permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing in place

I was previously of the thought that it’ll be all or nothing. I’m still not sure that it’s particularly practical but other industries can adapt so I don’t see why football should be any different. Pubs are going to open differently for instance. Cinemas are talking about opening in July. If they can get reduced numbers in, indoors in an enclosed space, I don’t see why football couldn’t do it outdoors in a big space.
    I've made my feelings known on this for a while so I won't go into detail again but suffice to say I don't think that will happen in a football stadium.

I've made my feelings known on this for a while so I won't go into detail again but suffice to say I don't think that will happen in a football stadium.
    Does that mean that you’ve closed your mind to the possibility of you being wrong?

The poster has provided you with reasons and evidence of groups gathering elsewhere in other industries, I don’t understand why you’d be so dismissive of the possibility of it happening at football?

I understand why you thought what you did before but surely as time goes on and there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, the signs are good that things may not be as bad as first feared, (in terms of people getting into the stadium)

I tend to concentrate on South Korea where it appears that all its actions are for the well being of their people rather than based on things that would be nice t do or based on profit and I see that they are already closing schools that have only been open a few days.The record of deaths in the UK has been a disgrace and the authorities will not forget their stupidity in allowing the Liverpool Atletico game to go ahead or not calling off the Wales,Scotland rugby until thousands had travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Does that mean that you’ve closed your mind to the possibility of you being wrong?

The poster has provided you with reasons and evidence of groups gathering elsewhere in other industries, I don’t understand why you’d be so dismissive of the possibility of it happening at football?

I understand why you thought what you did before but surely as time goes on and there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, the signs are good that things may not be as bad as first feared, (in terms of people getting into the stadium)
    I don't see football stadiums in Scotland opening with reduced capacity, no.

If I end up being wrong then so be it. I'll be happy to return to the football whenever it's possible to do so.

The link you provided earlier was originally for phase 4 status i.e. stadiums reopening fully which stated this could happen as early as the end of July. I only pointed out that there's a particular caveat in Scotland for us being able to reach phase 4 status, which makes it very difficult to achieve this over the next few months.

Pubs and cinemas don't have thousands of people attending all at one time, a lot of them don't even have hundreds arriving at one time and they certainly don't have anything like the same kind of security concerns that a lot of football matches have.

Also whilst top flight football clubs do rely heavily on fan income, they are still able to generate income by playing behind closed doors as they'll get TV deals and clubs like Hibs have already made several millions from season ticket sales over the last two months. Pubs and cinemas don't have that option for obvious reasons so if they don't at least try to open with social distancing measures then they'll shut down.

I can see a partial reopening of stadiums being a possible option in the lower leagues as these clubs get next to nothing from TV deals etc and there's far less people attending these games in the first place.

Well you certainly kept that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Well you certainly kept that promise.

I wasn't going to go into detail again but I felt the subsequent reply to me merited a response.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    How would you manage social distancing in the stands? To get even 1m between people would mean a huge reduction in capacity.
    I dont see many people social distancing anywhere now tbh. No one is doing it in any shop i've been in - despite the warnings. Even walking along the street. I've just seen a bunch of guys on a bowling green and they are almost touching. 2 months down the line people will be going along like normal.

Poland has just announced the restart of their league with stadiums at 25% capacity. Seems risky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    No way fans will be in stadiums before 2021 and probably a bit into 2021. Ridiculous risk with peoples lives to allow people in anytime this year.
    You are talking 6 months plus...... you really think it wont happen? Look at the infection pattern in the last 2 months... People are already starting the process of going back to normal. It will take time but more like a few months than next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Poland has just announced the restart of their league with stadiums at 25% capacity. Seems risky to me.

Maybe influenced by the low infection and death rate for a country of its size (pop 37m, deaths ~1,000).

But you're right, reopening is a risk. I think it would be too early for Scotland, for instance, to do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I dont see many people social distancing anywhere now tbh. No one is doing it in any shop i've been in - despite the warnings. Even walking along the street. I've just seen a bunch of guys on a bowling green and they are almost touching. 2 months down the line people will be going along like normal.
    Yeah, I reckon a lot young folk are just ignoring social distancing now.
    Saw loads of them this afternoon partying in the large park area opposite Parsons Green Primary School.
    Fast food packaging and beer bottles discarded etc which is a separate issue.
    Don't want to spoil things for them but don't want them putting themselves and others needlessly at risk either.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 29-05-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Talk of 30% in Spanish stadium when next season starts in mid September . Doubt it would be confirmed till early September.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    You are talking 6 months plus...... you really think it wont happen? Look at the infection pattern in the last 2 months... People are already starting the process of going back to normal. It will take time but more like a few months than next year.

The infection rate has fallen because we’ve been in lock down!

We are no closer to knowing who has had it, regional data is very patchy (even anecdotal) and a vaccine is some way off.

On the plus side, the NHS is getting better at treating Covid 19 and minimising risk every day.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Texas are allowing their sports teams to play in front of 25% of their stadium capacity from tomorrow, so be interesting to see how that goes.
    Don’t think the comparison with the USA is significant...Trump has made such a pig’s earvof the handling of the crisis that he’s basically given up.

I’d also be surprised if football returned when Scotland are still reporting deaths on a daily basis.

In Oz, the Rugby League has just restarted for TV only, and Aussie Rules will on June11, also behind closed doors.

Mind you, we’ve managed to contain it in the main so the risk is somewhat reduced.