hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    The daily number of new cases has for the past two days been over 20 thats up from just below 10 previous and thats before any increase from this weeks relaxtions for pubs etc.
    And before everyone who has nipped out to Spain comes back

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Increased testing, though

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Increased testing, though
    Using the recent figures It’s about 0.14 % of the population of Scotland have Covid 19. That equates to about 29 people in a full house at Easter Road

Not soccer, but Toronto Blue Jays have been told they will not be playing their home games in Toronto, even behind closed doors. Gov. does not want teams travelling into the country without going through a quarantine period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Using the recent figures It’s about 0.14 % of the population of Scotland have Covid 19. That equates to about 29 people in a full house at Easter Road
    And it’s like a Tornado started off a force 6 now weakening to a one
    In U S A despite the increased numbers testing positive the deaths rate doesn’t seem to have gone up thst much recently
    So clearly something has changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    It’s all just numbers. you’ve seen the animations on how it spreads from 1 to 10 and then those 10 could spread onto ten tho?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    And it’s like a Tornado started off a force 6 now weakening to a one
    In U S A despite the increased numbers testing positive the deaths rate doesn’t seem to have gone up thst much recently
    So clearly something has changed

I guess we then get into the civil liberties versus effectively culling the vulnerable debate. Without a vaccine and adequate test, track trace opening up will set things back a bit.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Scottish FA chief exec Ian Maxwell thinks some fans will be inside Hampden for the Scottish Cup semis at the end of Oct. also says he wants to use play off match against Israel on Sep 4th as a test event for getting some supporters back.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Scottish FA chief exec Ian Maxwell thinks some fans will be inside Hampden for the Scottish Cup semis at the end of Oct. also says he wants to use play off match against Israel on Sep 4th as a test event for getting some supporters back.

Without wanting to get into politics, I think the extremely cautious approach of the Scottish Government might put paid to that.

If he's right, though, they should definitely prioritize access for fans that don't have to travel too far, to cut down on the number of people using public transport.

For instance, any Hibbies with a G42 Postcode should definitely get one...

Bet he does. They will lose a fortune on the play off. Lucky if 5,000 allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Without wanting to get into politics, I think the extremely cautious approach of the Scottish Government might put paid to that.

If he's right, though, they should definitely prioritize access for fans that don't have to travel too far, to cut down on the number of people using public transport.

For instance, any Hibbies with a G42 Postcode should definitely get one...
    but not if your forename is Keith and your surname starts with an M

There's no chance fans will be allowed at a football match in Scotland in just over 6 weeks' time.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    but not if your forename is Keith and your surname starts with an M

Week 29 of Covid finished on Monday and according to the National Records of Scotland there were only 4 Covid deaths registered, 3 people in the range 75-84 and 1 person 85 or over.

Covid 19 won't go away but death from Covid 19 has all but gone away for all but the most fragile folk amongst us.

Until an effective vaccine arrives the authorities will have to play wack-a-mole every time there is an outbreak. The people of Scotland need to continue to be smart with social distancing but we can't hide until the vaccine arrives.

I would currently be more concerned about being inside a boozer with the partially inebriated than a third full stadium in the open air. The bevyed don't do social distancing.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-07-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Good chance we'll only miss 5 games this season. Probably won't be back for Hamilton on 2nd Oct, St Johnstone on 1st Oct will be moved to next year, back for Celtic on 21st of Nov.

@hibs.net private member
    Things are improving all the time. But if want further easing of the restrictions then people should follow the Scottish Government advice. I’m still surprised at the number of people who don’t use hand sanitiser or face covering in shops and public transport. In most cases it’s been young men who are ignoring the rules. Which does not bode well for football. That said 5000 were in attendance at the Celtic game in Paris yesterday including 60 lesser greens

Week 29 of Covid finished on Monday and according to the National Records of Scotland there were only 4 Covid deaths registered, 3 people in the range 75-84 and 1 person 85 or over.

Covid 19 won't go away but death from Covid 19 has all but gone away for all but the most fragile folk amongst us.

Until an effective vaccine arrives the authorities will have to play wack-a-mole every time there is an outbreak. The people of Scotland need to continue to be smart with social distancing but we can't hide until the vaccine arrives.

I would currently be more concerned about being inside a boozer with the partially inebriated than a third full stadium in the open air. The bevyed don't do social distancing.

where are you getting 4 from, report I’m seeing says 6

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Good chance we'll only miss 5 games this season. Probably won't be back for Hamilton on 2nd Oct, St Johnstone on 1st Oct will be moved to next year, back for Celtic on 21st of Nov.
    That's were i'm at. 4 months until the Celtic game.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    where are you getting 4 from, report I’m seeing says 6
    https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statis...ted-statistics
    Click on 3rd down listed:Weekly deaths by location of death, age group, sex and cause, 2020
    Download excel spreadsheet, click on data the scroll down to 29 which is the last group of entries.

P.S. The weekly report that gives 6 came out today after I posted. The problem with that report is it does not state the age groups of those that have died of Covid 19 which is hugely relevant. A strange anomaly given the same govt department state that information in the document above.

Covid deaths in Scotland now less than 1% of what they were at their peak.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-07-2020 at 12:58 PM.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statis...ted-statistics
    Click on 3rd down listed:Weekly deaths by location of death, age group, sex and cause, 2020
    Download excel spreadsheet, click on data the scroll down to 29 which is the last group of entries.

P.S. The weekly report that gives 6 came out today after I posted. The problem with that report is it does not state the age groups of those that have died of Covid 19 which is hugely relevant. A strange anomaly given the same govt department state that information in the document above.

Covid deaths in Scotland now less than 1% of what they were at their peak.
    Theres 4 over 75 and 2 over 85 split care home and hospital in that link. Sorry I’m a pedant but I’m generally in agreement with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Theres 4 over 75 and 2 over 85 split care home and hospital in that link. Sorry I’m a pedant but I’m generally in agreement with you too.
    Your right , no anomaly, see it now 4 entries but 6 deaths. Doh!

That's were i'm at. 4 months until the Celtic game.
    If you mean normal attendance at that game then there is zero chance of that happening.A few people sit near each other at break time in a call centre and before you can turn round there are 20 new cases and 5 different premises being investigated.That is the new reality.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If you mean normal attendance at that game then there is zero chance of that happening.A few people sit near each other at break time in a call centre and before you can turn round there are 20 new cases and 5 different premises being investigated.That is the new reality.
    Totally agree. There are thousands of residents in care homes across the country who still can’t have direct contact with their families due to Covid concerns. There are hundreds of thousands who cannot yet return to their work. No chance we are having fans attending football matches whilst that is going on, and as far as I know, there aren’t likely to be significant changes any time soon. Let’s face reality, football isn’t really high on the list of relative priorities

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    When do you think walk up fans will get in?

Motor Lublin fans rented 21 cranes to watch their clubs speedway the other night. Aye, speedway.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hogmanay street party just been called off. Refunds issued for anyone who had already bought a ticket. Don't know what we might read into that re crowds at sports/music events etc.

Your right , no anomaly, see it now 4 entries but 6 deaths. Doh!
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Hogmanay street party just been called off. Refunds issued for anyone who had already bought a ticket. Don't know what we might read into that re crowds at sports/music events etc.
    The crowd at this would of been huge and social distancing out the window so can see why that would be cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    When do you think walk up fans will get in?
    Once you produce an effective vaccine Professor Tambo.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Not normal attendance but possibly half the season ticket holders (5400 approx) attending each game with masks on and no away fans present. Like everyone else in the world i am guessing, but it is a match happening 4 months from now so it's possible. I understand why Speedway, yourself and a few others on here wouldn't want to chance attending a match until such time as a vaccine is available.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-07-2020 at 10:13 PM.