hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no doubt that the figures are encouraging, I was just correcting the other poster who had claimed we hadn't a death for days.
    And indeed it’s the measure you use too. NRS/phs/scotgov.

i think the figures are encouraging too but I worry no ###### politician will want the risk on their watch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    And indeed it’s the measure you use too. NRS/phs/scotgov.

i think the figures are encouraging too but I worry no ###### politician will want the risk on their watch.
    NRS weekly report is a good source of information.
    This weeks report showing Covid deaths up until June 28th came out yesterday and the bottom line is it shows weekly deaths falling from 49 the previous week to 35 with 46% in care homes.
    From what we have seen in recent days that number will fall again. Another fall of 14 would see us sitting on 21 deaths for the week/3 deaths per day. Then a case after that if we can keep control of the virus and jump quickly on any outbreaks/cases
    https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/covid19stats
    A shame Englandshire are making such a mess of things with deaths there rising over the last week.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-07-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    ... but no-one under 15 years old has died from Covid-19 in Scotland, according to the NRS.

Nope, but young people are now the main source of it's spread.

Too many of the wee boogers don't seem to care about social distancing.

I'd lock them all up till it's over.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

It's hardly surprising. At that age you are invulnerable, and it's not a serious issue - death.............

I used to be young and stupid, before I got to be old but dim.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    It's hardly surprising. At that age you are invulnerable, and it's not a serious issue - death.............

I used to be young and stupid, before I got to be old but dim.
    What was the old saying, Young, dumb and full of c.........

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Aberdeen just tweet this

The club is increasingly hopeful a partial crowd of 7,500 supporters may be allowed when football returns.

Don't miss out, be there when Pittodrie roars again by becoming a 20/21 season ticket holder - https://t.co/M2kpvcPqwj

#StandFree https://t.co/PRk4OERoq8
    On the sports news today that Aberdeen released that statement after a briefing they and other clubs attended with Professor Jason Letchfrom Scottish government
    So if true then clearly substance behind it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicola Sturgeon*has warned*Scottish football*fans not to set their hearts on a return to stadiums in October amid the continuing*COVID-19*crisis.

Premiership*clubs are back in pre-season training ahead of an August restart following last season's controversially curtailed campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    On the sports news today that Aberdeen released that statement after a briefing they and other clubs attended with Professor Jason Letchfrom Scottish government
    So if true then clearly substance behind it

In the Thursday Scottish government lunchtime briefing, Jason Leitch answered a journalist’s question saying you could “pencil in October as a possible date for sports crowds to return BUT not to overwrite that with a pen yet”.

However, later in the briefing Nicola Sturgeon clarified that the October date was not to be taken as a given and that Prof Leitch’s comment could have been taken out of context.

It’s the first time I’ve heard any potential date mentioned. Personally can’t see it happening as early as October but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    In the Thursday Scottish government lunchtime briefing, Jason Leitch answered a journalist’s question saying you could “pencil in October as a possible date for sports crowds to return BUT not to overwrite that with a pen yet”.

However, later in the briefing Nicola Sturgeon clarified that the October date was not to be taken as a given and that Prof Leitch’s comment could have been taken out of context.

It’s the first time I’ve heard any potential date mentioned. Personally can’t see it happening as early as October but you never know.
    Sturgeon also said they haven't told anyone to "pencil in" football fans for October and the football authorities haven't been given any date for fans to come back.

I'm not quite sure how Jason Leitch's comments could have been taken out of context as she's suggested when "pencil in October" is exactly what he's told football fans to do.

I'm still sticking with what I've said all along which is that it will be next year before fans attend football matches again in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Sturgeon also said they haven't told anyone to "pencil in" football fans for October and the football authorities haven't been given any date for fans to come back.

I'm not quite sure how Jason Leitch's comments could have been taken out of context as she's suggested when "pencil in October" is exactly what he's told football fans to do.

I'm still sticking with what I've said all along which is that it will be next year before fans attend football matches again in Scotland.
    Did you think we'd be getting a pint in the boozer mid July a month ago?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post

Pubs will not be as you remember them when they reopen. Lots of measures put in place to avoid folk from different households mixing together - which is the big issue with any large event.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Daily Record ... yes I know it’s a rag .. but stating no football with fans for months https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...icola-22293031

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Pubs will not be as you remember them when they reopen. Lots of measures put in place to avoid folk from different households mixing together - which is the big issue with any large event.
    Not the point most people thought boozers would be the winter. Cases down to 3 in every 100,000 in Scotland, we're getting there. They told us schools would be 50% for the year then 100% 5 days later, we'll just have to wait and see

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Football fans are a different breed, travelling to away games and even home games on a bus, they will shout, scream and sing during that bus journey, all sitting in close proximity to each other .

Then they will go to a pub, do the same with others from different buses and cars, then congregate together usually in one end with others who've done the same in different buses and different pubs.

What could possibly go wrong?

Now i know away supporters will probably be banned for a good while, but most clubs run travel buses for home games, some many many buses from all over the country.

I'm still to be convinced we will see fans back in the stadiums this year, maybe even this season, as the UK are still way behind most countries where this virus in concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Football fans are a different breed, travelling to away games and even home games on a bus, they will shout, scream and sing during that bus journey, all sitting in close proximity to each other .

Then they will go to a pub, do the same with others from different buses and cars, then congregate together usually in one end with others who've done the same in different buses and different pubs.

What could possibly go wrong?

Now i know away supporters will probably be banned for a good while, but most clubs run travel buses for home games, some many many buses from all over the country.

I'm still to be convinced we will see fans back in the stadiums this year, maybe even this season, as the UK are still way behind most countries where this virus in concerned.
    By the UK you mean England right

source?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    By the UK you mean England right
    No. UK. Buses and cars are filled every weekend travelling to games in Scotland, unless the virus gets off at the border?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post

We are at early July and hardly any deaths and low transmission rate They are putting in every mitigating factor under the Sun
    If Scotland can’t achieve it.by October ( I predict there will be no second wave during this time , even spikes in Scotland will be low given compliance with rules ) then I despair
    Are we just going to wait fir Winter snd Bad Flu will see mass panic and fear
    We were told we need to learn to live with the virus not fear it Be sensible but there needs to be Political Will
    No one is expecting full houses

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    It was announced on 21st May that pubs would be allowed to open inside areas from phase 3 of the route map. Getting to phase 3 was always likely to happen around mid-July. It was also just under a month ago that the 15th July was given as a provisional date for pubs and restaurants to reopen so yes I probably did expect it.

Scottish government are going to find it hard to allow folk into a pub socially distanced indoor and not allow 300 - 500 outdoor in Central Park or the like for example.

The hard part is the top end, OF especially for obvious reasons.

Surprised Hibs haven't done anything like this yet

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Get_b..._Game&ID=12473

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Surprised Hibs haven't done anything like this yet

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Get_b..._Game&ID=12473
    Think it’s £25, which is quite steep. Wonder how much the club will get out of the £25, probably not a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think it’s £25, which is quite steep. Wonder how much the club will get out of the £25, probably not a lot
    Could be along similar lines it's amazing what people will pay for

It was announced on 21st May that pubs would be allowed to open inside areas from phase 3 of the route map. Getting to phase 3 was always likely to happen around mid-July. It was also just under a month ago that the 15th July was given as a provisional date for pubs and restaurants to reopen so yes I probably did expect it.
    Pubs are now being told they will be able to have one metre distancing inside. Surely that means that an outdoor football stadium can do the same? A bit of common sense needed now. That would allow all season ticket holder to attend Easter road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Pubs are now being told they will be able to have one metre distancing inside. Surely that means that an outdoor football stadium can do the same? A bit of common sense needed now. That would allow all season ticket holder to attend Easter road.

Agreed. It can and should be done.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    source?

Grumpy old man prejudice....

Watching the Super Rugby from Oz, looks like the fans are sitting about 2-3 seats between each other in alternate rows, not huge numbers in the ground but shows it can work

If it's one metre, wouldn't you still have to have two empty seats between each person?

Grumpy old man prejudice....

i can relate to that

What was the point in having a deadline to reserve your existing seat if a large number of people will have to sit in other parts of the stadium for a certain period of time.

Also, now that Easter Road is split into different pricing categories, if you've paid for a seat in the gold zone but get shifted to a seat in the silver zone, will you be due a refund? Similarly if you've paid for a seat in the silver zone and get moved to the gold zone, will you need to pay the difference?

I know the answer to that by the way, I'm just thinking out loud.