hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Why football with fans won't be coming for some time

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s looking back. We will be in a new phase before too long with a minimal amount of cases and protection focused on the vulnerable.

Prof Spector- 25th may - estimates that the percentage of the UK population currently infected is 0.3%.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything in that article suggesting we won't see spectators at sporting events anytime soon.

It's an article about the stupidity of hosting two events, with no precautions whatsoever, at the start of the outbreak.

That's hardly the same as having planned events with restricted numbers and strict safety precautions put in place.

I’m more confident than ever that fans will be back when the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I’m more confident than ever that fans will be back when the new season starts.
    So am I. With the correct measure of social dinstancing in place, everyone required to wear a mask and the fact that stadiums are outdoors then fans should be allowed back in. There will be hand sanitizers everywhere and lots of stewards to ensure social distancing during entry and exit but it can and will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fans will be back in stadiums by around about mid September imo.

It will be a different experience and I'd expect controlled, staggered entry, an attempt at one way systems, hygiene stations throughout and possibly temperature checks and mandatory masks.

I'd accept all of that to have Hibs back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    So am I. With the correct measure of social dinstancing in place, everyone required to wear a mask and the fact that stadiums are outdoors then fans should be allowed back in. There will be hand sanitizers everywhere and lots of stewards to ensure social distancing during entry and exit but it can and will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How would you manage social distancing in the stands? To get even 1m between people would mean a huge reduction in capacity.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    How would you manage social distancing in the stands? To get even 1m between people would mean a huge reduction in capacity.
    You wouldn’t it’s impossible to manage and will never happen, by the time we go back the 2m rule will probably be relaxed and replaced with enhanced hygiene and mask wearing. It will be all back or not at all.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think the next month is key to understanding how soon we'll be able to watch football again in the stands.

If the gradual easing of lockdown doesn't produce a second wave and if the number of infections continues to fall then it might happen far sooner than we think.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You wouldn’t it’s impossible to manage and will never happen, by the time we go back the 2m rule will probably be relaxed and replaced with enhanced hygiene and mask wearing. It will be all back or not at all.
    I think that's the more likely outcome.

Assuming we keep on top of this and the figures reduce in line with current trends while relaxing the lockdown then it'll hopefully just be a few token gestures (maybe doing them a disservice, but relative to what we're currently doing ) like that required for bars, restaurants, and public events to get up and running again.

It'll probably end up with a few issues each match where someone feeling otherwise fine is turned away for having a temperature, but other than that it'll be football back and pretty much as we know it.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post

Which is why some people have been suggesting using Murrayfield on a temporary basis.

I don't think it's impossible to manage, but it does need a lot of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Which is why some people have been suggesting using Murrayfield on a temporary basis.

I don't think it's impossible to manage, but it does need a lot of thought.
    If ST sales remained roughly the same as last season it would be impossible.

If ST sales remained roughly the same as last season it would be impossible.

At Easter Road, I agree.

What about at Murrayfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    At Easter Road, I agree.

What about at Murrayfield?
    Could work there but I wouldn’t bother going. Huge soulless rugby stadium with spectators spread about with massive gaps everywhere not for me. I won’t go back until it’s ER and we are all back in our own seats.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It will be a different experience and I'd expect controlled, staggered entry, an attempt at one way systems, hygiene stations throughout and possibly temperature checks and mandatory masks.

Sounds awful. Made even more soulless by the fact mandatory masks would make singing all but impossible.

I get why some fans would go back despite all that but I don't think I would. I'd just keep donating to the club in other ways and spend my Saturday afternoons doing something less restrictive. Hearty family dog walk, take up golf again etc.

Saw a picture of a theatre in Germany.

They could easily tape off seats and allow distancing or the extreme would be remove seats.

Funny thing is - it will be easier to do in stadiums with standing - seating especially at Tynie where you are packed in like sardines is a slight issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Hibs have already been practising the staggered entry all season thanks to the new turnstile system.

Cheltenham, Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and in Italy Atalanta v Valencia are all quoted as sporting events that helped spread the virus.

Am I remembering wrong but didnt Sevco v Bayer Leverkusen in front of 50,000 people not take place even later than these other events.❓.

Could work there but I wouldn’t bother going. Huge soulless rugby stadium with spectators spread about with massive gaps everywhere not for me. I won’t go back until it’s ER and we are all back in our own seats.

OK, my opinion is that Murrayfield with 16k people in it would at least be better than ER with about 5k, but I totally understand that not everybody agrees with that.

Outdoor sports events with fans could happen in September with the right measures in place.

However, the problem at football is the number of fans who lose their **** at games which means their face masks won't protect the rest of us at Easter Road when they go off on flame thrower mode at the referee, Ferguson of Aberdeen, some guy who used to play for Hearts etc.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-05-2020 at 10:20 AM.

It has to be all or nothing for me. Having a stadium with 5/6k people in it; all dotted around the place, isnt for me. I appreciate others may feel differently.

Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.
    The 7 day average for daily deaths currently sits at 250 in the UK compared to double figures in the rest of the previously badly infected Western Europe countries (only 1 death reported by Spain yesterday) so we are still in relative trouble. The young and the stupid appear to me to have started needlessly mixing again and that could also put a spanner in the works. Hopefully testing and track & trace can keep things under control but all these things slow our recovery down.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-05-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    At least half of Scottish Premiership clubs — including Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock — are understood to have contracts in place with the same broadcast company, boosting hopes games will be streamed live on club websites if football is forced to return behind closed doors.

The Athletic*understands many Premiership clubs use Stream Digital as the technical partner for their club TV channels and there is optimism that all bar one of the remaining top-flight sides will also get on board before the 2020-21 season begins.

Only Rangers are “very unlikely” to sign up as they are already contracted to StreamAGM, a streaming provider popular in the English Championship.

Multiple clubs are scheduled to have Zoom meetings with representatives from Stream Digital this week to discuss collaboration, and another club has told*The Athletic*“they’re crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s” on their deal with the company and it should be confirmed later this week.

“Some have seemed dismissive of streaming as something that simply can’t happen or can’t work,” one Premiership club told*The Athletic, “but there’s real positivity of it happening and it seems pretty achievable with the infrastructure already in place at most clubs.”

Stream Digital, originally SportsMedia GB, was founded as a web and media development company and redesigned the Celtic, Hibs and Hearts websites over the last decade. It’s only in recent years that they have begun pushing into video streaming. The company is ostensibly functioning as the external broadcaster for each club’s internal TV channel.

Stream Digital already fulfils the role of live streaming for most Premiership clubs, which means the mechanisms for filming games will not need to change drastically. Live streaming will use fewer people than traditional broadcast media owing to the limits on the number of people allowed in the stadium as a precautionary public health measure.

Sky Sports agreed to a deal in November 2018 to show 48 live Scottish Premiership matches per season from 2020-21, but this would see a dramatic increase in the number of matches that fans would be able to watch. Options up for debate include supporters buying “virtual season tickets” to live stream every game.

The broadcasting and innovation sub-group of Scotland’s Football Restart body meet weekly. In their most recent public update a fortnight ago, streaming was cited as a crucial topic for discussion. It’s understood that the group may encourage clubs to use Stream Digital as a makeshift blanket streaming provider for the league.

A source from one Premiership club said: “Most clubs are in sync already. I think that the Football Restart sub-groups are going to be taking steps to build that. The SPFL (Scottish Professional Football League) are confident they can find a solution to this. It definitely can be done, and it’s not extortionate either.”

Stream Digital only works for grounds that have already signed up, which one club described as a “huge pain” — it means you could not broadcast away games at a team that has not yet joined. There is, therefore, a concerted effort to encourage other clubs to sign so that Stream Digital can act as a centralised streaming provider where every Premiership game could be streamed using the same platform.

The biggest obstacle, however, is cost. For smaller clubs, the cost of collaboration would not necessarily be offset by the income from supporters buying virtual season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The 7 day average for daily deaths currently sits at 250 in the UK compared to double figures in the rest of the previously badly infected Western Europe countries (only 1 death reported by Spain yesterday) so we are still in relative trouble. The young and the stupid appear to me to have started needlessly mixing again and that could also put a spanner in the works. Hopefully testing and track & trace can keep things under control but all these things slow our recovery down.

Sadly very true,here in Spain the lockdown was as tight as you could get whereas the uk seems to have been in lockdown "light" paticularily in England.

If a second wave were to hit then all bets are off

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    At least half of Scottish Premiership clubs — including Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock — are understood to have contracts in place with the same broadcast company, boosting hopes games will be streamed live on club websites if football is forced to return behind closed doors.

The Athletic*understands many Premiership clubs use Stream Digital as the technical partner for their club TV channels and there is optimism that all bar one of the remaining top-flight sides will also get on board before the 2020-21 season begins.

Only Rangers are “very unlikely” to sign up as they are already contracted to StreamAGM, a streaming provider popular in the English Championship.

Multiple clubs are scheduled to have Zoom meetings with representatives from Stream Digital this week to discuss collaboration, and another club has told*The Athletic*“they’re crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s” on their deal with the company and it should be confirmed later this week.

“Some have seemed dismissive of streaming as something that simply can’t happen or can’t work,” one Premiership club told*The Athletic, “but there’s real positivity of it happening and it seems pretty achievable with the infrastructure already in place at most clubs.”

Stream Digital, originally SportsMedia GB, was founded as a web and media development company and redesigned the Celtic, Hibs and Hearts websites over the last decade. It’s only in recent years that they have begun pushing into video streaming. The company is ostensibly functioning as the external broadcaster for each club’s internal TV channel.

Stream Digital already fulfils the role of live streaming for most Premiership clubs, which means the mechanisms for filming games will not need to change drastically. Live streaming will use fewer people than traditional broadcast media owing to the limits on the number of people allowed in the stadium as a precautionary public health measure.

Sky Sports agreed to a deal in November 2018 to show 48 live Scottish Premiership matches per season from 2020-21, but this would see a dramatic increase in the number of matches that fans would be able to watch. Options up for debate include supporters buying “virtual season tickets” to live stream every game.

The broadcasting and innovation sub-group of Scotland’s Football Restart body meet weekly. In their most recent public update a fortnight ago, streaming was cited as a crucial topic for discussion. It’s understood that the group may encourage clubs to use Stream Digital as a makeshift blanket streaming provider for the league.

A source from one Premiership club said: “Most clubs are in sync already. I think that the Football Restart sub-groups are going to be taking steps to build that. The SPFL (Scottish Professional Football League) are confident they can find a solution to this. It definitely can be done, and it’s not extortionate either.”

Stream Digital only works for grounds that have already signed up, which one club described as a “huge pain” — it means you could not broadcast away games at a team that has not yet joined. There is, therefore, a concerted effort to encourage other clubs to sign so that Stream Digital can act as a centralised streaming provider where every Premiership game could be streamed using the same platform.

The biggest obstacle, however, is cost. For smaller clubs, the cost of collaboration would not necessarily be offset by the income from supporters buying virtual season tickets.
    Mentions Sky but doesn't really say anything about the biggest hurdle – will Sky agree to this? The restrictions in the current TV deal (and there's no reason to think the new one would be different) are the reason that Hibs TV is audio only in the UK.

Would a compromise be possible where Sky agree that games they are not televising can be streamed?

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first

Texas are allowing their sports teams to play in front of 25% of their stadium capacity from tomorrow, so be interesting to see how that goes.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first
    There is a very real chance, even if you do put NO CHANCE in capital letters.