hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nicola announced yesterday that Wednesday was the first time since 27th March that they have been in single figures for deaths. Still a bit away from overcoming the virus but we are on the right path in Scotland.
    Agree, but not sure if elsewhere in the UK will influence us. As a whole it seems to be going down but much slower. Next couple of weeks we might be able to tell a bit better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Agree, but not sure if elsewhere in the UK will influence us. As a whole it seems to be going down but much slower. Next couple of weeks we might be able to tell a bit better.
    In terms of the U.K. the government have indicated it will be localised measures in outbreak “hotspots” from now on. Not sure if that could eventually lead to games attended by fans in some parts of the country but not others?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    In terms of the U.K. the government have indicated it will be localised measures in outbreak “hotspots” from now on. Not sure if that could eventually lead to games attended by fans in some parts of the country but not others?

That sounds like they're copying Germany.

Maybe it's the 'Dark Matter' thing.

I know it's not overly relevant but I see NZ Super Rugby starts back with no crowd restrictions this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    I know it's not overly relevant but I see NZ Super Rugby starts back with no crowd restrictions this weekend
    That's probably because, the last time I heard, New Zealand only had 1 active case in the community and their borders are almost entirely closed which means they can't import many cases either.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52522460

seems the 2 metre social distancing measure is not set in stone.

Might be some scope for change.
    I think we need to keep it at 2m because most people underestimate what distance that really is. Making it 2m means there's a chance folk will keep at least 1m apart in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post

I think countries that are islands, or have no open land borders (making them 'virtual islands'), seem to be coping better, e.g. New Zealand, Japan, South Korea.

There's a European country that the Germans and Austrians refer to as "The Big Island". Presumably they're benefiting in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    I think we need to keep it at 2m because most people underestimate what distance that really is. Making it 2m means there's a chance folk will keep at least 1m apart in practice.

My experience in the last week or so is that a lot of people don't seem to know the difference between 2 metres and 2 centimetres.

This has been mostly, but by no means exclusively, young people.

Greece restarted it's league this weekend and is looking to have fans back at the games around 19th of July. Their figures are way better than ours, but it does give a bit of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's probably because, the last time I heard, New Zealand only had 1 active case in the community and their borders are almost entirely closed which means they can't import many cases either.
    New Zealand has only had 22 Cv19 deaths and 1502 cases.
    So NZ has had less cases than Scotland has had deaths!

To think we’re coming out the other side of this pandemic now and it’s only today that people entering the UK have to quarantine for 14 days is absolutely ridiculous. This should have happened at the very start and we’d be in a much better place imo and ahead of where we are now in regards to sporting events etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Cheltenham, Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and in Italy Atalanta v Valencia are all quoted as sporting events that helped spread the virus.

Am I remembering wrong but didnt Sevco v Bayer Leverkusen in front of 50,000 people not take place even later than these other events.❓.
    Maybe but Madrid and Milan/Bergamo were the two cities in Europe with the highest infection rate at the time. It was (and remains) far less prevalent in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    To think we’re coming out the other side of this pandemic now and it’s only today that people entering the UK have to quarantine for 14 days is absolutely ridiculous. This should have happened at the very start and we’d be in a much better place imo and ahead of where we are now in regards to sporting events etc
    Agreed

Left by mutual consent!
    No new deaths in Scotland for the second day in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    No new deaths in Scotland for the second day in a row.
    7 new deaths in the last 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

Tuesday seems to have higher numbers for recorded deaths, yet weekends are lower. I've got a feeling they're finally get round to recording some of the weekend deaths on Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe deaths per week is a better measure of progress (or otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Tuesday seems to have higher numbers for recorded deaths, yet weekends are lower. I've got a feeling they're finally get round to recording some of the weekend deaths on Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe deaths per week is a better measure of progress (or otherwise)
    They're apparently the lowest deaths recorded on a Tuesday since 24th March. It will be fantastic when the FM is reporting there have been no deaths day after day, but they are definitely slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Tuesday always the peek day.... very encouraging numbers for scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    They're apparently the lowest deaths recorded on a Tuesday since 24th March. It will be fantastic when the FM is reporting there have been no deaths day after day, but they are definitely slowing down.

Agreed, it's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    As much as Sundays and Mondays are an underestimate, Tuesday is often an overestimate as we're playing catch up from the previous two days.

The fact we have registered 7 deaths today is very encouraging.

As a comparison, 4 weeks ago today we reported 50 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    As much as Sundays and Mondays are an underestimate, Tuesday is often an overestimate as we're playing catch up from the previous two days.

The fact we have registered 7 deaths today is very encouraging.

As a comparison, 4 weeks ago today we reported 50 deaths.
    Yes, I'm certainly more optimistic now than I was 4 weeks ago that there will be fans inside football stadiums before the year is out. Like everyone else, I don't know exactly when that will be or how full the grounds will be - we're all just engaging in guesswork at the moment!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think countries that are islands, or have no open land borders (making them 'virtual islands'), seem to be coping better, e.g. New Zealand, Japan, South Korea.

There's a European country that the Germans and Austrians refer to as "The Big Island". Presumably they're benefiting in the same way.
    So what happened here?
    Over 40,000 deaths and counting?
    It would seem, its more down to who is running things than geographical position!!!!

The Scottish Premiership hopes to start the 2020-21 season in August, most likely behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Scottish Rugby estimate around 10,000 fans could attend Murrayfield under the current two-metre physical distancing government guideline, but that could rise to 30,000 if restrictions are relaxed and Hearts and Hibernian have held talks about using the rugby stadium for their matches.

I like the sound of this, could get more season tickets sold.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    The Scottish Premiership hopes to start the 2020-21 season in August, most likely behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Scottish Rugby estimate around 10,000 fans could attend Murrayfield under the current two-metre physical distancing government guideline, but that could rise to 30,000 if restrictions are relaxed and Hearts and Hibernian have held talks about using the rugby stadium for their matches.

I like the sound of this, could get more season tickets sold.
    Personally if the two metre "guide" (because thats all it is) is still in force/recommended by August I'd be very surprised.

The 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths is now 174 for the UK. Hope we see that get down to double figures soon.
    It will be interesting to see if the BLM protests over the last week have any significant detrimental affect on the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths is now 174 for the UK. Hope we see that get down to double figures soon.
    It will be interesting to see if the BLM protests over the last week have any significant detrimental affect on the figures.
    We should find out in the next week or so considering it can take up to 14 days after being infected before someone displays any symptoms.

Bill Gates and Fauci ruined football

First Team Breakthrough Badabing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColintonHibs View Post
    Bill Gates and Fauci ruined football

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Do you know what the figure is for Scotland?