hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's been doing his badges and has been working with the youth teams, it'll be as a coach if he comes back.
    I hope he does, excellent professional & role model for younger players.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    "Hibernian hope there will be an opportunity for Steven to return in the future in some capacity, and he is held in the highest esteem by his colleagues."

Very unusual for the club to say something like this. It makes me think that they already have something in mind for when we know exactly what's happening.
    Hes probably told them he wants to continue playing and Hibs said there will be a coaching role for him when he retires. He could still do a job for a bottom 6/championship team for a year or 2.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I think he's been doing his badges and has been working with the youth teams, it'll be as a coach if he comes back.
    I think of all the Hibs players and ex players (Marvin Bartly), Whittaker seems the furthest on coaching wise and by all accounts well thought of already.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Bogdan acted as cover while keeping himself fit, Whittaker was doing a lot of youth coaching and will get a job in the championship probably and Slivka has been done to death over the 3 years he's been here, umpteen chances and never really took them, time to move forward.
    Can you coach for one team but play for another?

Thinking allowed, could Whitty play for a part-time team in the Championship but coach for us?

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I think of all the Hibs players and ex players (Marvin Bartly), Whittaker seems the furthest on coaching wise and by all accounts well thought of already.
    This seems to have been a constant theme in his career, always regarded very highly by his peers.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

Thinking allowed, could Whitty play for a part-time team in the Championship but coach for us?
    Really doubt there will be much coaching with Hibs, in the medium future. Don’t think there will be any reserve or development league games this season

Thanks for your efforts, best of luck to the 10 players who have left.

Particular shout out to Whitts for enduring a lot of criticism but still managing to so often show his class, on and off the field. A great product of our academy who's had a wonderful career. I'm sure he'll go on to make an excellent coach.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Thanks for your efforts, best of luck to the 10 players who have left.

Particular shout out to Whitts for enduring a lot of criticism but still managing to so often show his class, on and off the field. A great product of our academy who's had a wonderful career. I'm sure he'll go on to make an excellent coach.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

Definitely allowed. John Rankin played for QotS (I think) whilst coaching at Hearts. The goalkeeper for the pub team we played in the Cup is a coach at Celtic.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hes probably told them he wants to continue playing and Hibs said there will be a coaching role for him when he retires. He could still do a job for a bottom 6/championship team for a year or 2.

We said that about Marvin Bartley, and he finished above us this season!

It’s obviously time to batten down the hatches though. Whitts won’t be in the least surprise that we aren’t handing out contracts just now.

He’s a midfielder and we’ve got a lot of those coming back off loan. Jack will surely be expected to bring at least one or two kids into the team next season.

I understand why Slivka has been let go but still disappointed that he didn't do better. I hope he goes on to good things because there is a player there if he can get consistency going.