hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singing Section

Best place for them to create an atmosphere.

Makes it far more likely that the rest of the East will join in, and those of us in the West will not only hear them clearly but may even hum along (quietly).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it not? The east stand and more so towards the away end has been where the atmosphere is created since i started going.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not when i started going.
    I’m 50 and the cowshed had ceased to be the main area for the singing by time I had started going in mid-late 70’s. Was always the East for me.

What year were seats installed in cowshed? Must have been the beginning of the end for the atmosphere in that area of Easter Road?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’m 50 and the cowshed had ceased to be the main area for the singing by time I had started going in mid-late 70’s. Was always the East for me.

What year were seats installed in cowshed? Must have been the beginning of the end for the atmosphere in that area of Easter Road?
    I'm 60, and when the shed was open, it the best atmosphere i've ever witnessed at Easter Road. They started putting seats in early 70s.

The best night in my lifetime was the Sporting Lisbon game, i dont know the attendance that night, but if you think the Athens games was magnificent, then treble it, and you might be close.

And behind the goal in the shed was THE place to be in those days, no displays, nothing organised, just pure energy and a lot of passion helped make it a nights to remember.

A small mention must also go to the north stand, who would also help with the singing.

The singing section in my opinion have done against the odds a fantastic job, but now we are again seeing them pushed out wide, into a space that hopefully works, but i have my doubts.

The club have made it clear they are not interested in creating a proper singing section, that would be the centre of the atmosphere, but hey ho, times have changed and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world.

First Team Breakthrough green.oracle's Avatar
    I'm 60, and when the shed was open, it the best atmosphere i've ever witnessed at Easter Road. They started putting seats in early 70s.

The best night in my lifetime was the Sporting Lisbon game, i dont know the attendance that night, but if you think the Athens games was magnificent, then treble it, and you might be close.

And behind the goal in the shed was THE place to be in those days, no displays, nothing organised, just pure energy and a lot of passion helped make it a nights to remember.

A small mention must also go to the north stand, who would also help with the singing.

The singing section in my opinion have done against the odds a fantastic job, but now we are again seeing them pushed out wide, into a space that hopefully works, but i have my doubts.

The club have made it clear they are not interested in creating a proper singing section, that would be the centre of the atmosphere, but hey ho, times have changed and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world.
    The shed opened late 1965 and Tom Hart decided to close it after the fighting at the Hibs v Huns drybrough cup semi final in August 1972.
    As a concession, he opened half the shed for the sporting Lisbon game (side nearest the old main stand).
    I was in there that night and it was absolutely rocking!!
    It was a shame segregation was not in force then as shed would have stayed open.

Quote Originally Posted by green.oracle View Post
    The shed opened late 1965 and Tom Hart decided to close it after the fighting at the Hibs v Huns drybrough cup semi final in August 1972.
    As a concession, he opened half the shed for the sporting Lisbon game (side nearest the old main stand).
    I was in there that night and it was absolutely rocking!!
    It was a shame segregation was not in force then as shed would have stayed open.

Me too, never been in an atmosphere as good as that night at Easter Road since.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Have they consulted the fans who currently sit in the East, or are the seats they are moving to all empty. They never consulted any fans previously in FF upper when LD decided to move them to there.
    There’s not a single bit of that post which is accurate.

Guys, don't start squabbling. I'm sure we're all on the same side.

I'll just be delighted when the season finally starts again and we can look forward to actually watching, then attending, Hibs games.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Hopefully its temporary until safe standing somewhere is sorted and they can be a bit more front and centred. Moving them from one gable end to another is far from ideal.

Club still obviously preferring a half empty north bottom tier with 50 quid season tickets over having it full of standing and singing fans.
    (I'll give it 13 seconds for keith_m to reply )

I refuse to take the bait, I'm in a good mood

I think BH is desperate to see Hibs knock down the FF Stand and rebuild the Cave end, though.

Last edited by Keith_M; 24-05-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Guys, don't start squabbling. I'm sure we're all on the same side.

I'll just be delighted when the season finally starts again and we can look forward to actually watching, then attending, Hibs games.

I refuse to take the bait, I'm in a good mood

I think BH is desperate to see Hibs knock down the FF Stand and rebuild the Cave end, though.

I knew it!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Looking at the current ground map, it does seem that there are virtually no season tickets that have been sold there. As for the strange comment about not consulting fans previously, I believe that's the responsibility of the club, not the group itself.

Looks like a great move, back to the spiritual home of the atmosphere at Easter Road for the past few decades, should be rocking on big nights especially
    I would not have expected the group to consult the fans. Just like it wasn't the group that decided to move to East. It was LD that decided this. But good to hear no one will be inconvenienced unlike the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    The part about fans who sat in Section 25 not being consulted is accurate. I know I was one of them. The first we heard about it was receiving a letter saying the Singing Section is moving into your area and heavily implying we should move.

That wasn't the fault of the SS, from discussions I have had I believe they weren't aware that was how it had been handled either.

Yous are making the Sporting Lisbon game sound awesome.
    Almost wish i was old enough to be there.
    Best atmosphere i remember was the 2-1 win over hearts in late 1987.
    The Celtic cup games were great also 85/86.

The move to the FF was worth a try. Ultimately it was the positioning at the side of the stand and the acoustic wall that blocked the sound and stopped any chance of a decent atmosphere being generated. Back to the East will improve things until hopefully a standing section is built in the large corner between the East and the FF!

@hibs.net private member
    Yes there is. I was in that section of the FF Upper and was never consulted. Got a letter basically stay and join the signing section or move elsewhere. Absolutely never discussed beforehand.

@hibs.net private member
    Please highlight the inaccuracies?

@hibs.net private member

That must have been some atmosphere, if you were at both you will know. I've never heard ER like the AEK game, so the Sporting game must have been unbeliavable.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Good. Atmosphere in the east stand was great when they were in there
    I've had my say .... at length .... on the singing section, so no more from me about where I think it should be. But this is just a total ER myth, I spent a whole season right in the middle of the east stand not long after it was built and the atmosphere was nothing to write home about. After that season I returned to the FF lower and watched the singing section from afar ... first up the top of the east and then at the bottom of the stand and the truth was you could barely hear them in the FF lower. If their intention was to get the east to join in it simply didn't happen for the vast majority of the time, just the same as it didn't with the other stands.

Anybody checking my posts will know I'm a huge fan of the 'Since 1875' folk and what they have tried to do, so this isn't having a go for the sake of it. But if this return to the east is to work they are going to have to find ways they obviously couldn't before to get more of the east punters to join in more of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeroes16 View Post
    Hope this has to do with that safe standing survey since 1875 produced
    Would imagine it's more a pragmatic move by Leanne to keep the singing section buying season tickets at this ****ty time.
    She always makes the right business decision with the appointment of Heckenbottom her only mistake to date.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-05-2020 at 08:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Would imagine it's more a pragmatic move by Leanne to keep the singing section buying season tickets at this ****ty time.
    She always makes the right business decision with the appointment of Heckenbottom her only mistake to date.
    Careful....you are in danger of kicking off a loyalty points debate with wild comments like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Careful....you are in danger of kicking off a loyalty points debate with wild comments like that!!
    Two mistakes isn't a bad record to have when you consider how much she's got right.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Two mistakes isn't a bad record to have when you consider how much she's got right.
    The way Lennon left was a bit messy.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    But was that Dempster's fault?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    But was that Dempster's fault?
    No one knows.
    But her communications went silent for a wee while after it.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Yeah, he was a bit of a d1ck right enough.

I've forgiven him now, though.

When they were in section 43 at the top, the sound they made echoed across the whole stadium and really made the atmosphere. It suffered a bit when they went to the bottom and it was just a bit weird in the FF.

Top corner of the East? The acoustics will be awesome!

26,100 I think

22,000 againstvBesa

Worked well the last time it was there

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    How is it not? The east stand and more so towards the away end has been where the atmosphere is created since i started going.
    Yeah agreed