hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue to support Hibs

110 57.29%
  • Have renewed, but will ask for refund

30 15.63%
  • Will not renew my season ticket

52 27.08%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Irrelevant, Hibs will vote against reconstruction.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thought you were out...

for the record I know your not a Jambo, but you do think you can tell everyone else what to do and how to vote and why they should or shouldn’t buy a season ticket..

now I am out and will not respond to your posts... you know your wrong as so do i
    He was just giving his opinion mate.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    thought you were out...

for the record I know your not a Jambo, but you do think you can tell everyone else what to do and how to vote and why they should or shouldn’t buy a season ticket..

now I am out and will not respond to your posts... you know your wrong as so do i
    What nonsense. Take a day off. The poster you are quoting is one of the most balanced and fair minded on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post

It's all very well saying no to reconstruction and send them down, but, we should remember in the season 91/92 when we were a stick on for relegation. What saved us ? Aye you guessed it reconstruction. Pilmar Smith the Chairman of Hearts God rest his soul, made sure that his club voted in our favour.
    We finished 5th in that season? And the season before that we were 6 points clear.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Irrelevant, Hibs will vote against reconstruction.
    Why cant we be magnanimous ? They helped save us by voting for reconstruction in the season after our 1990 survival.

Why cant we be magnanimous ? They helped save us by voting for reconstruction in the season after our 1990 survival.
    Save us from what? We finished 5th the following season? Also finished the league 6 points clear the season before.

You hurting? You'll come back up one day.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Go down to the bottom of the page and change to default mode, then when voted change back to Hibs.net lite, helps great when any poll is there 👍
    Thanks - perfect!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Save us from what? We finished 5th the following season? Also finished the league 6 points clear the season before.

You hurting? You'll come back up one day.
    We were three quarters of the season into certain relegation until reconstruction saved us,

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I've only just read some of this thread because it's obviously a daft question.

Peope are intelligent enough to realise that Hibs will only vote for something if it's in Hibs' interests.

In any case, there clearly aren't people who hate Hearts so much more than they love Hibs, that they'd stop going to Easter Road. Ha ha, the mere idea.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Reconstruction to a 14 team league is purely to save Hearts and has nothing to do with saving Scottish football. I’ve supported Hibs all my life and have had a ST along with my son for many years. Sitting at Hampden watching us being demolished 5-1 by a club who couldn’t afford the players on the pitch, couldn’t pay there wages but still managed to sign a new striker who scored the winning semi final goal stuck in my craw. They were £20m in debt needing to sell Tynecastle when Robinson sold them to Romanov after overspending for years. Then they went on a ridiculous spending spree ending up being very fortunate to survive at all. Six years on and they’ve done the exact same again. After many years I’ve come to the point I can’t watch that anymore and would feel cheated if there was no comeuppance for their actions. I wouldn’t want to go back and watch it all happen again. That’s why I would be out.
    It's hard not to agree with any of this post. Unlike some of the other posts on this thread it doesn't come across as bitter and resentful but genuine and well-considered. Certainly a feeling I share and for the Hibs board to bear in mind.

Yes, Hearts thoroughly deserve what's happened to them and are handling it gracelessly. But, we are all made of the same stuff and any differences between Hibs and Hearts supporters probably come down to the relative success Hearts have had in the last 30-40 years compared with Hibs, particularly in the derby. Their attitude and behaviour (arrogance) which so many on here despise has come about by their relative success. Meanwhile, a lot of the Hibs support have genuine humility and grace having been through some very tough times (football-wise). I hated losing derbies, particularly the Scottish Cup semi and final. But when I look back it's something I probably wouldn't change. It made 2016 all the more sweet and I am so proud of all of us who persevered through the dark times. It also means that we are not a club defined by our closest rivals. We stand on our own and we still can going forward no matter what happens with Hearts.

With that in mind, if Hibs were to dominate Hearts in the years ahead (I'm sure I'd enjoy it) then it is highly likely we'd end up just like them and them like us.

Personally, I'd like to see Hibs unafraid of a 'resurgent' Hearts and want to see Hibs take on the best they have got to offer and beat them. Is that not what football rivalries are about? Spurring one another on to better feats? Man Utd never did anything in Europe until Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal and made them improve.

I wonder if the will to see them handicapped in some way represents our fear of them?

I also think Scottish football needs all the good teams it can get. While this shouldn't come at the expense of relegation, if there is a genuine possibility of no Championship football and full-time clubs going to the wall then we should do all we can to make sure all full-time clubs can survive - regardless of past misdemeanors. This shouldn't be done though by Anne Budge who, despite her protestations really only has interest. Leann Dempster would have far more objectivity.

We've often criticised the old firm (and rightly so) for scooping up all the money and best players in Socttish football when, for the good of the game, it would be better to share out the money and encourage more competition. With that view in mind, I think people who want the Hibs board to make a decision purely to see a more impotent rival to Hibs is not in the long term interests of the game.

It's a real quandary and there is no clear answer but I hope the clubs can come to a decision which protects our football game as best as it can and the clubs and fans can respect that decision without threatening legal action or refusing to buy season tickets. Surely, if coronavirus has taught us one thing, it's that we are all interdependent and in it together.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We were three quarters of the season into certain relegation until reconstruction saved us,
    We finished second bottom that season. Are you saying we’d have finished bottom if there hadn’t been reconstruction?

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

It's all very well saying no to reconstruction and send them down, but, we should remember in the season 91/92 when we were a stick on for relegation. What saved us ? Aye you guessed it reconstruction. Pilmar Smith the Chairman of Hearts God rest his soul, made sure that his club voted in our favour.
    Big Hearts myth, this one. We finished the season 2nd bottom, St Mirren - God bless them - were saved from relegation as they finished bottom.

It's actual factual that reconstruction has never saved Hibs from relegation.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    St Mirren were saved by reconstruction.

We made sure we had enough points not to be bottom of the league and therefore saved ourselves from relegation.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    We finished 5th in that season? And the season before that we were 6 points clear.
    Hibs have never ever ever ever ever been saved by reconstruction or any form of change like the year Falkirk couldn't get in due to their stadium. It is a Jambo jibe that is trotted out regularly and I find it hard to believe when I see Hibs fans say it. Never happened

I'm not for being magnanimous to a club that has not lived within their means for a very long time.
    I can't believe that you put this to me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Big Hearts myth, this one. We finished the season 2nd bottom, St Mirren - God bless them - were saved from relegation as they finished bottom.

It's actual factual that reconstruction has never saved Hibs from relegation.
    Spot on. A keechback myth that many (including some Hibs fans it seems) appear to have adopted as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Spot on. A keechback myth that many (including some Hibs fans it seems) appear to have adopted as gospel.
    Far from convinced this one is a Hibs fan. Pretty sure he's just outed himself.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We finished second bottom that season. Are you saying we’d have finished bottom if there hadn’t been reconstruction?
    No but surely the pressure was off, this season has not been finished. I could not see any way out other than that reconstruction decision. Which BTW was decided late January when we had only one win in 17. Murdo came in and helped steady the ship, but admits that reconstruction was a godsend.

Far from convinced this one is a Hibs fan. Pretty sure he's just outed himself.
    100% Hibby I know him and his dad

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    It's hard not to agree with any of this post. Unlike some of the other posts on this thread it doesn't come across as bitter and resentful but genuine and well-considered. Certainly a feeling I share and for the Hibs board to bear in mind.

Yes, Hearts thoroughly deserve what's happened to them and are handling it gracelessly. But, we are all made of the same stuff and any differences between Hibs and Hearts supporters probably come down to the relative success Hearts have had in the last 30-40 years compared with Hibs, particularly in the derby. Their attitude and behaviour (arrogance) which so many on here despise has come about by their relative success. Meanwhile, a lot of the Hibs support have genuine humility and grace having been through some very tough times (football-wise). I hated losing derbies, particularly the Scottish Cup semi and final. But when I look back it's something I probably wouldn't change. It made 2016 all the more sweet and I am so proud of all of us who persevered through the dark times. It also means that we are not a club defined by our closest rivals. We stand on our own and we still can going forward no matter what happens
    With that in mind, if Hibs were to dominate Hearts in the years ahead (I'm sure I'd enjoy it) then it is highly likely we'd end up just like them and them like us.

Personally, I'd like to see Hibs unafraid of a 'resurgent' Hearts and want to see Hibs take on the best they have got to offer and beat them. Is that not what football rivalries are about? Spurring one another on to better feats? Man Utd never did anything in Europe until Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal and made them improve.

I wonder if the will to see them handicapped in some way represents our fear of them?

I also think Scottish football needs all the good teams it can get. While this shouldn't come at the expense of relegation, if there is a genuine possibility of no Championship football and full-time clubs going to the wall then we should do all we can to make sure all full-time clubs can survive - regardless of past misdemeanors. This shouldn't be done though by Anne Budge who, despite her protestations really only has interest. Leann Dempster would have far more objectivity.

We've often criticised the old firm (and rightly so) for scooping up all the money and best players in Socttish football when, for the good of the game, it would be better to share out the money and encourage more competition. With that view in mind, I think people who want the Hibs board to make a decision purely to see a more impotent rival to Hibs is not in the long term interests of the game.

It's a real quandary and there is no clear answer but I hope the clubs can come to a decision which protects our football game as best as it can and the clubs and fans can respect that decision without threatening legal action or refusing to buy season tickets. Surely, if coronavirus has taught us one thing, it's that we are all interdependent and in it together.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    A thoughtful post most of which I agree with. There is more to concern us football wise at this time than getting some sort of revenge on Hearts. The 6 big clubs in Scotland need to consider what is in the best interests of them and the other full time clubs. We need to try and make sure we have enough full time teams for a decent league. I’m not really bothered about the part time outfits, they can mothball probably fairly easily. It’s clubs with many players on 1-3 year contracts that need support. If that takes the big clubs saving as many full time clubs as possible and having say 1 division of 16 or 2 divisions of 12/14 so be it. I fancy that’s the way it will go and the part time and semi amateur clubs will be cast aside

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I hope KP can get the opportunity to relay fans views based on the outcome of this pole.
    Good shout, I’ve always got an opportunity as supporter representative (the club listen to and read supporters views directly all the time but I certainly verbalise it all again to help with decision making). The club have demonstrated a strong position on crucial matters recently and provided thorough updates shortly after which have been positively received.

From my last update to the club - “I know how important it is (reconstruction topic). There is a substantial number of Hibs supporters against reconstruction full stop, especially no to temporary. There is a fair number that would like permanent reconstruction and are open to change. The club is aware of feelings from here and elsewhere (KP - lots of different Hibs platforms). I’ve passed on this supporter feeling as strongly and as best I can.“

The club put out a strong statement last month - ‘The top priority for Hibernian throughout this crisis has been the welfare of its people, supporters, and the wider community.’ and that is still very much the number one consideration when making decisions that I see.

This subject is only going to get ramped up by the media short term, getting hotter and tense (easier to create shock from this story rather than the bigger focus point - progressive clubs eyes only on next year, looking at getting the game back safely and everything that entails). My honest approach to this situation is “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”

Here as always, and through Club email too, should anyone need me.
    Last edited by Power; 23-05-2020 at 04:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=number9dream;6181137]
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible[/QUOTE

Exactly. If someone can present a cogent argument for a new set up being better than the one we already have, then I’m all for it. However, I have yet to see one. Is a 14-14-14 system really going to be a game changer for Scottish football?
    your just too hard to please there’s been plenty decent arguments both pro and anti reconstruction on various threads

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Good shout, I’ve always got an opportunity as supporter representative (the club listen to and read supporters views directly all the time but I certainly verbalise it all again to help with decision making). The club have demonstrated a strong position on crucial matters recently and provided thorough updates shortly after which have been positively received.

From my last update to the club - “I know how important it is (reconstruction topic). There is a substantial number of Hibs supporters against reconstruction full stop, especially no to temporary. There is a fair number that would like permanent reconstruction and are open to change. The club is aware of feelings from here and elsewhere (KP - lots of different Hibs platforms). I’ve passed on this supporter feeling as strongly and as best I can.“

The club put out a strong statement last month - ‘The top priority for Hibernian throughout this crisis has been the welfare of its people, supporters, and the wider community.’ and that is still very much the number one consideration when making decisions that I see.

This subject is only going to get ramped up by the media short term, getting hotter and tense (easier to create shock from this story rather than the bigger focus point - progressive clubs eyes only on next year, looking at getting the game back safely and everything that entails). My honest approach to this situation is “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”

Here as always, and through Club email too, should anyone need me.
    Id be concerned if you put forward this poll as representative of Hib.net or Hibs fans in general with just around 100 votes

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    No but surely the pressure was off, this season has not been finished. I could not see any way out other than that reconstruction decision. Which BTW was decided late January when we had only one win in 17. Murdo came in and helped steady the ship, but admits that reconstruction was a godsend.
    There’s no doubt that reconstruction was a good thing at the time, but it can’t ever be said that it saved us from relegation.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Id be concerned if you put forward this poll as representative of Hib.net or Hibs fans in general with just around 100 votes
    Agree - there is lots of platforms out there to obtain information from - but it will only ever be a sample and best representative as possible.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I'm thinking KP will base what he puts to the board on a wide range of sources as that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    100% Hibby I know him and his dad

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There’s no doubt that reconstruction was a good thing at the time, but it can’t ever be said that it saved us from relegation.
    You have to admit that it had a massive bearing though, I was only 12 ears old but can well remember the anguish o the terraces before reconstructure. The screaming for Alec Millar's head and abuse towards Keith Houchen and Davy Fellinger.After the decision to abolish relegation, apathy set in. One of I think 3 games we won after that was against Dun Utd. They had as many fans as us in a 3000 crowd

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I'm thinking KP will base what he puts to the board on a wide range of sources as that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Very good, but if the club wanted more than a tiny sample they have thousands of season ticket holder email addresses, they easily do a survey/poll.

@hibs.net private member
    Garbage. They’re relegated, they should stay down.