hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue to support Hibs

110 57.29%
  • Have renewed, but will ask for refund

30 15.63%
  • Will not renew my season ticket

52 27.08%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye right Mr Angry. You won't bully me the way you always try to with anyone who disagrees with you. A troll posts then disappears. I am very much still here.
    Bully? Quite an accusation. Care to back it up? Im sure one of the admin will be keen to hear about it too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Bully? Quite an accusation. Care to back it up? Im sure one of the admin will be keen to hear about it too.
    Seriously? Is this nursery school?

I have stated I will continue to support Hibs whichever way we vote. You have stated you won't. Possible change of username required.
    I wont put money into a club when its run by people who ignore the majority of their support. If they left then i would. But as ive repeatedly said I DONT THINK HIBS WILL VOTE FOR IT so its a pretty irrelevant.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    It just wouldn’t sit right with me voting to save Hearts.

After investing a fair amount of money and emotion into last season I can’t sit back and watch sporting integrity being compromised yet again through restructuring.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This is our chance to put distance between us for a few years
    Hearts will be back, but it will take them a few years to get upto Hibs level
    This.

I have thought this all along and have stated On other threads that if Hearts squirm out of this situation which is entirely of their own making that far from us pulling away from them they will almost instantly overtake us because they have reduced salaries rather than deferring them.

They will gain a significant financial advantage over nearly the whole premiership outside the OF and use that to every other clubs detriment. They will doubtless continue to offer inflated pay packets they can’t afford and the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen can’t compete with, Benny will re-emerge with the purse out and we can look forward to them challenging for 3rd place and probably succeeding because they’ve got away with it (again), and their muppet support lording it over us and laughing in our faces because they got away with it unpenalised (again).

This is not fantasy, this is exactly what will happen if the other premiership clubs let them off and all those outside the OF will only have themselves to blame as they run off laughing at the rest of the division.

For Hibs to support such a potential outcome would be horrific, but to answer the question, of course I will continue to support Hibs, there’s nothing else I know or can do.

Seriously? Is this nursery school?
    You're the one throwing accusations about. Not me.

You're the one who decided to try and be a smart arse with your "rent free" pish. Not me. "Rent free" is a very Hearts thing btw. So i have no idea why a Hibs fan would come out with pish like that.

Case in point 😂😂😂

You're the one throwing accusations about. Not me.

You're the one who decided to try and be a smart arse with your "rent free" pish. Not me. "Rent free" is a very Hearts thing btw. So i have no idea why a Hibs fan would come out with pish like that.
    You called me a troll first. Happy to withdraw if you do too.

I'd be pissed off but anyone choosing not to renew a ST for solely that reason, as opposed to financial considerations or the like, needs to get a grip.

We've already voted on this and the overwhelming majority didn't want it. Getting sick of reconstruction talk. Not aiming that at the OP btw. We've voted and need to move on.

You called me a troll first. Happy to withdraw if you do too.

Your post was a blatant troll. So i wont be. Still to see the bullying?

Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    Case in point 😂😂😂

That doesnt even make sense.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    If Hibs vote for reconstruction I’d be disappointed but I certainly wouldn’t stop supporting them financially. Anyone that does so is within their rights obviously but it’d be absolutely ridiculous in my view. Support Hibernian no matter what, especially in these times.

All this thread proves is the Hertz still live rent free in too many people's heads even after our Cup win.

No it doesn't.

Aye right Mr Angry. You won't bully me the way you always try to with anyone who disagrees with you. A troll posts then disappears. I am very much still here.
    Perhaps you should look up the definition of a troll.

Case in point 😂😂😂
    I'll ask again, care to provide a constructive response as to how my post was 'nonsense'?

Your post was a blatant troll. So i wont be. Still to see the bullying?

That doesnt even make sense.
    Report me then.

I would definitely stop going and give up my ST. You can’t award Celtic a title and do nothing at the other end of the table. A surviving Hearts would spend big again and you can just see us being one of the four to get relegated when the leagues go back to a 12. There is no penalty for overspending to buy success it would seem. Rangers and Hearts have already dodged a bullet and now it’s happening again. We limp along obeying the rules allowing this sham to go on. No thanks.

Temporary measures are a potential disaster that opens the league up to all sorts of issues. As it stands, the league seems safe from legal action from relegated teams, but if it saves Hearts, the precedent is set. So if next season gets cut short, the team that’s bottom can cite the precedent and demand reconstruction, so the league gets bigger again.

We are likely 18 months - 2 years away from a widely available vaccine, at best, so 20/21 and 21/22 seasons are fair bets to include disruption, potential shortened seasons. How big does the league get?

I’d be more sympathetic to Hearts if they were acting with a bit of grace as opposed to this ‘expulsion’ crap they’re peddling, but everyone needs to stop looking at this as a one off situation and start considering what happens the next time, the time after that and so on...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The biggest issue in peoples minds is one of trust - not of Hibs, but that Hearts, if "saved" would suddenly find cash to put themselves ahead of us/aberdeen etc etc.

In the same way that they were supposedly skint, did the CVA, then miraculously had loads of money again.

The lying and financial dodgy deals are in their DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Hibs voting for reconstruction would show the club don’t have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

Would be shameful if Hibs voted to save that lot.
    How would your well-being be impacted?

Depends... if it’s one-off 18 team league or something to keep all professional teams afloat then they revert to the standard format (i.e. Hearts back in the championship) I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that would have big implications for the TV deal I’d have thought?

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    A vote to support Hearts would make me very angry as I can see no reason why that is benefit to Hibs or even Scottish football in general

Next season would not interest me with it’s useless games, contrived league and tainted team. Why would anyone be allowed to be relegated next season. Unless we have a list of teams that are not big or important enough, everyone will play the Hearts card again. Overall we are trying to make a major mess worse. We need to fully concentrate on playing before crowds. This proposal makes no difference to that. Lets promote semi bankrupt teams into the top league. Great idea!!!

And still we have no actual FACTS from Hearts about their real financial position, just rumour and bluster. Support this if you like but you have no data and are choosing to believe liars in the media.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Continue to follow Hibs or go into a huff because a team who aren't Hibs didn't get relegated.

Hmm.

Nonsense like this and the phrase “the will of the fans” makes me thank le god we’re not a fan run club nor will be any time soon.
    I'd consider it nonsense to refute another fans opinion with such short shrift. This is a highly emotive subject. You'd better believe fans will react with fervour depending on Hibs stance. I trust the board to make the best decision for the club as a whole. I cant see how saving hearts does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Continue to follow Hibs or go into a huff because a team who aren't Hibs didn't get relegated.

Hmm.
    Or perhaps this is a sign of the "soft" mentality which has plagued hibs for the majority of my life supporting the team. I expect hibs to take the stance which inflicts the most damage on our arch rivals. This wont be to the detriment of hibs. We'll get a bounce. We'll hopefully stamp our authority on the fixture and no 1 club in edinburgh status.
    Last edited by RoYO!; 23-05-2020 at 10:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Depends... if it’s one-off 18 team league or something to keep all professional teams afloat then they revert to the standard format (i.e. Hearts back in the championship) I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that would have big implications for the TV deal I’d have thought?
    So one season of the bigger league then 6 teams relegated the following year?? No thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So one season of the bigger league then 6 teams relegated the following year?? No thanks!!
    It would be more than 6 as you’d have to promote a team who in actual fact would be the 19th best team in Scotland. It’s farcical.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It would be more than 6 as you’d have to promote a team who in actual fact would be the 19th best team in Scotland. It’s farcical.
    Good point

I'll throw my toys out the pram.

Couldn't really care less as the vote won't come close to pass anyway.

Can't be bothered with it all and just want to see the football back.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Wouldn’t be relegation as such we would just revert to the league setup that we have now i.e. Hearts back in the championship like I said. Would lead to a tonne of pointless games at the back end of the season mind you. But if it’s that or pro teams in the championship going bust?