hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue to support Hibs

110 57.29%
  • Have renewed, but will ask for refund

30 15.63%
  • Will not renew my season ticket

52 27.08%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very good, but if the club wanted more than a tiny sample they have thousands of season ticket holder email addresses, they easily do a survey/poll.
    Using the access we have I guess.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

I am pretty sure that Hibs will do whats best for Hibs.
    **** the hertz

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Nothing’s changed since we said we were against reconstruction so I can’t imagine the board have changed their minds cause Ann was on the phone greetin about it.

I will continue to go to ER unbothered by the fact that we have extra games against ICT and Dundee... I might even keep an eye out on what's happening in the Championship to see if theres any real risk to our East Of Scotland Shield prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Good shout, I’ve always got an opportunity as supporter representative (the club listen to and read supporters views directly all the time but I certainly verbalise it all again to help with decision making). The club have demonstrated a strong position on crucial matters recently and provided thorough updates shortly after which have been positively received.

From my last update to the club - “I know how important it is (reconstruction topic). There is a substantial number of Hibs supporters against reconstruction full stop, especially no to temporary. There is a fair number that would like permanent reconstruction and are open to change. The club is aware of feelings from here and elsewhere (KP - lots of different Hibs platforms). I’ve passed on this supporter feeling as strongly and as best I can.“

The club put out a strong statement last month - ‘The top priority for Hibernian throughout this crisis has been the welfare of its people, supporters, and the wider community.’ and that is still very much the number one consideration when making decisions that I see.

This subject is only going to get ramped up by the media short term, getting hotter and tense (easier to create shock from this story rather than the bigger focus point - progressive clubs eyes only on next year, looking at getting the game back safely and everything that entails). My honest approach to this situation is “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”

Here as always, and through Club email too, should anyone need me.
    Hi KP, the results on this poll is exactly what I thought they would be. A substantial percentage of Hibs fans would either demand a refund or wouldn't renew their Season Ticket - 45% as I type this.

Whilst the sample size is low, the relatively large % can't be ignored by Hibernian FC when it comes to voting on temporary reconstruction.

I'm one of the majority that says that I'll continue to support Hibs, if they were to support short-term reconstruction. However, it would not take much for me to be another that 'turns my back'. I don't think I would be able to watch a dominant Hertz team at Easter Road (they were that in the last visit) knowing that Hibernian FC 'saved' them from relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Garbage. They’re relegated, they should stay down.
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Yep that's it. I'm a Hearts fan, you got me.

The lie goes so deep that I have altered my entire life to remain undercover. Sorry to the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who post on here that I have met over the years, I was having you on all along.

5-1 FTH
    Must admit, I've always had doubts about PB. He always seems to write so much sense, he had to be a plant.

There was a thread on here about Hibs fans on Kickback who were undercover. Maybe, we've just uncovered one of the Yam's finest undercover members on Hibs.net.

Have lost the will to live on this subject.
    Cannae get excited about it either way.
    All I want to do is go back to Easter Road and watch Hibs.
    No bothered what happens to the flumps.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 23-05-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 26-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    So tomorrow is vote day. Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".
    Tomorrow isn't vote day.

The SPFL board will discuss it.

Voting a bit away yet.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Tomorrow isn't vote day.

Voting a bit away yet.
    You're correct. My mistake!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Tomorrow isn't vote day.

Voting a bit away yet.
    Hopefully that’s where it falls flat on its face again like last time

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    You're correct. My mistake!
    No probs mate.

I have a horrible gut feeling about this.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    No probs mate.

....And me.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".
    She needs 11 teams in the Premiership to vote for this.

Of which her team is not one.

Apart from Aberdeen, can anyone name the other 10 teams likely to vote for this?

The board will vote how they vote based on the evidence in front of them.

Whatever that vote is will not change my position. I am paying for my ST whatever I get for it.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Apart from Aberdeen, can anyone name the other 10 teams likely to vote for this?
    Can anyone confirm for definite what the voting structure will be?

9-3 or 11-1?

Also, what do the other leagues need?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 26-05-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    If there was even a hint that this was something other than hearts trying to save themselves then I wouldn't mind but if hibs vote for this then the fans every right to be angry.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

I think Celtc and Sevco might, only once they are convinced it will fail.

They will then issue two faced, highly sanctimonious statements about being ‘disappointed’ but it being time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Can anyone confirm for definite what the voting structure will be?

9-3 or 11-1?

Also, what do the other leagues need?
    Definitely 11-1, as her proposal involves a change to the financial distribution.

Adding two teams to the top flight would require a change to the distribution of prize money model, but Budge says this would be offset by Premiership clubs not having to finance the Ł300,000 parachute payment that Hearts would be due on relegation.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

No probs mate.

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    ....And me.
    Know what you mean but surely at least 2 clubs will see it for the load of crap it is. Just needs us and St Mirren. Jack Ross must still have a few pals there he could give a shout, just to make sure they're doing the right thing or Paul McGinn could DM his brother.

I won't do anything different as I'm sure we will vote according to our own interests, and that of the game in general.

I'm a Hibs supporter, not a Hearts hater.

However, I think the board should make any yes vote conditional. Should we approve, Heart of Midlothian FC must, when mentioning the Scottish Cup wins in 2006 and 2012 in any capacity, use an asterisk.

Testimonial Due
    I will always support Hibs but if we back the Budge plan my interest in football will wane. There are currently more important things to focus on. I am sickened by Budge's narcissistic behaviour.

See the way we have a generic Hearts thread which was conceived in order to stop having so many individual Hearts related threads cluttering up the board. Can we not have one the same for stuff like this entitled:

'What have Hibs done, or what do you think they might do, that you want to punish them for this week?

At the end of the day I couldn't give a **** if Hearts are in the league or not .... if they aren't, good I can laugh at them ... if they are and a Hibs vote is partly responsible for it I will find it slightly annoying as I sit at the first home game I am able to actually attend in my new 'Thank you NHS shirt I'm too auld to be wearing trying to unpick my pie from the tinfoil as the club I'm supposed to be a supporter of finally play a match.

Aye **** the Hearts .... but an even bigger **** to anybody who thinks withdrawing their support from Hibs is a suitable way to show how much they hate sodding Hearts ... I sometimes think for anybody who loves this club and wants to see it thrive this board is the very last place they should visit ... it can be utterly depressing for anybody who want's to feel in the least bit positive about the club and it's future.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 27-05-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    this

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Exactly.

The only thing that bothers me here is the number of people prepared to throw their toys out of the prank about it.

@hibs.net private member
    I actually made the case ages ago that reconstruction is the fairest and most straightforward route to take in these extraordinary circumstances. It's not very uber-hibby of me and I haven't changed my mind but if Hibs vote to keep the status quo then that's fine by me as well. Ultimately - although I'd like to see fairness for all and the clubs looking after each other as opposed to trying to slit each others throats, my main concern is the Hibees and as long as Hibs are not hurt I could not really give a ****. Nb - those threatening to withdraw their support over this - have a ****ing word!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I actually made the case ages ago that reconstruction is the fairest and most straightforward route to take in these extraordinary circumstances. It's not very uber-hibby of me and I haven't changed my mind but if Hibs vote to keep the status quo then that's fine by me as well. Ultimately - although I'd like to see fairness for all and the clubs looking after each other as opposed to trying to slit each others throats, my main concern is the Hibees and as long as Hibs are not hurt I could not really give a ****. Nb - those threatening to withdraw their support over this - have a ****ing word!
    Similar to you I would go for reconstruction but for at least a 4 year period. If it is implemented then for fans to then take it out on Hibs by withdrawing support and demand refunds is frankly jaw dropping. A double Hearts win to help them financially dominate us again

Bump!

I thought this at the time (it came out after the meeting on Monday) but does anyone else think this was a subliminal message from LD to the supporters in response to Doncaster's bribe...

Leeann added: “As we continue to work our way through a number of scenarios with the SPFL, the Scottish Government and other clubs, we aim to make sure that our supporters, who have backed us so generously, will be at the forefront of our plans as the detail becomes clearer. We are all Hibs and we are in this together.”

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Bump!

I thought this at the time (it came out after the meeting on Monday) but does anyone else think this was a subliminal message from LD to the supporters in response to Doncaster's bribe...

Leeann added: “As we continue to work our way through a number of scenarios with the SPFL, the Scottish Government and other clubs, we aim to make sure that our supporters, who have backed us so generously, will be at the forefront of our plans as the detail becomes clearer. We are all Hibs and we are in this together.”
    I sincerely hope so - I just read that nonsense from Doncaster - clearly the bribe effect taking shape.