hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue to support Hibs

110 57.29%
  • Have renewed, but will ask for refund

30 15.63%
  • Will not renew my season ticket

52 27.08%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t seem to vote on my iPhone but - B for me, would ask for refund.

The goodwill Hibs have from fans would be destroyed with one wrong vote.
    Go down to the bottom of the page and change to default mode, then when voted change back to Hibs.net lite, helps great when any poll is there 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’d be very pissed off if they vote for reconstruction, however I support Hibs, not the owner, CEO or board who will ultimately make the decision. For me personally there is a clear distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    They wouldnt.

Agreed.

There are Hibbies on Keekback pretending to be Yams, so we shouldn't be surprised that some of them come on here.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’ve renewed my ST already. If I hadn’t and we voted to save Hearts which in turn makes our task of getting into Europe etc more difficult then I’m not sure I’d bother. My main issue would be that if they somehow manage to stay in our league then you can guarantee they’d suddenly find plenty cash to start throwing at £6k a week contracts etc. I mean they blew Cardiff, an English Championship club out there water for that Damour - they’ll do it again and again if their opponents let them.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’ve renewed my ST already. If I hadn’t and we voted to save Hearts which in turn makes our task of getting into Europe etc more difficult then I’m not sure I’d bother. My main issue would be that if they somehow manage to stay in our league then you can guarantee they’d suddenly find plenty cash to start throwing at £6k a week contracts etc. I mean they blew Cardiff, an English Championship club out there water for that Damour - they’ll do it again and again if their opponents let them.
    Exactly, we took a financial hit voting to end the season, we would then take another financial hit spreading the same money further. Who knows what would happen to the Sky deal. We would also lose pissed off fans but they would lose nothing and as you say they’ll start splashing the cash again to tempt players to them instead of other well run teams and the whole process starts again. We can’t vote for this scenario.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I agree! Hearts need to realise reality and spend within their means of income not through hidden finance.

They wouldnt.
    Wish I knew I wasnt a Hibby before i spent thousands following the club all over Europe and up and down the country for about 25 years.
    Perhaps I didn't use the best words to try and get my point over but you can ram it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If people do choose to do that then it is indeed up to them. It's pretty stupid reasoning though.

In the unlikely event Hibs do vote for reconstruction then it won't be with a view to saving Hearts, it will be because we have identified positives to come out of it for ourselves. I'm not suggesting I would like it or even agree but that's what it would come down to. Hibs aren't going to vote in a certain manner just to spite our own fans. Indeed I'd go as far as to say even if the case for reconstruction was extremely compelling there would be a reluctance to vote for it because of an acceptance some fans need to be appeased.

Hibs fans choosing to withdraw their support because of it and punishing the club at this time doesn't see a particularly logical reaction to me. If people choose to do that then fine, I'll choose to criticise them.

Idiot way of thinking and you shouldn’t really be telling fellow fans to get a grip and change to your way of thinking..... are you a Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Idiot way of thinking and you shouldn’t really be telling fellow fans to get a grip and change to your way of thinking..... are you a Jambo
    Aye, I've always suspected him of being a jambo

Do folk really need to get so hysterical every time Hibs are to cast a vote on something?

If Hibs have the money and the resources then we could put a good distance between us and a relegated Hearts. If the flipside of that is all clubs are completely ravaged regardless, then if all Hearts can afford is Gavin Reilly and our market is Rowan Vine are we really that much happier about that?

It's about Hibs doing well and having decent players, and there's all sorts of arguments we won't be privy too but making sure Hearts suffer won't be the be all and end all to the board and manager.

Wish we would stop saying “ save hearts “ it just so happens hearts are the bottom team ,IMO we shouldn’t be saving the bottom club regardless of who it is

Yep that's it. I'm a Hearts fan, you got me.

The lie goes so deep that I have altered my entire life to remain undercover. Sorry to the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who post on here that I have met over the years, I was having you on all along.

5-1 FTH
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Wish we would stop saying “ save hearts “ it just so happens hearts are the bottom team ,IMO we shouldn’t be saving the bottom club regardless of who it is
    But especially so when they’re your rivals who have previously cheated their way to numerous league finishes above us and cup wins etc.

The lie goes so deep that I have altered my entire life to remain undercover. Sorry to the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who post on here that I have met over the years, I was having you on all along.

5-1 FTH
    I knew it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

5-1 FTH
    I’ll be honest I’ve always had my suspicions

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member

5-1 FTH

Canny be a real inbred as you never used vermin or big team. So I’m no convinced you’ll have to try harder to make me believe you.

GGTTH

It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No different to der hun in 2012. Scandalous if they dont send them down. Folk talking rubbish about the good of Scottish football but how about this for a take. How about hearts being in the championship being good for the teams that are there. Maybe them having hearts and their 400k fans will save a few of these teams from going to the wall.

I'm a Hibs fan who loves Hibs but will be Peed off if we vote to save them.

Magic. Being accused of being a Jambo for having the audacity to support the club no matter what. This is poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

We are easing out of lockdown.This virus is diminishing. Stop being a messenger of doom. We’ll be back to normal in enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    No different to der hun in 2012. Scandalous if they dont send them down. Folk talking rubbish about the good of Scottish football but how about this for a take. How about hearts being in the championship being good for the teams that are there. Maybe them having hearts and their 400k fans will save a few of these teams from going to the wall.

I'm a Hibs fan who loves Hibs but will be Peed off if we vote to save them.
    Or how about we do go for an expanded top league with the top teams in the relevant positions in the Championship coming up and Hearts still going down.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Where's the "I swear I'll do tme" opton?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    We are easing out of lockdown.This virus is diminishing. Stop being a messenger of doom. We’ll be back to normal in enough time.
    Tell that to Brazilians. The virus is still a very real danger.

I hope your correct we will never be back to normal until the country has a vaccine or is that being a doom merchant

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=May21/05/16;6181359]It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

It's all very well saying no to reconstruction and send them down, but, we should remember in the season 91/92 when we were a stick on for relegation. What saved us ? Aye you guessed it reconstruction. Pilmar Smith the Chairman of Hearts God rest his soul, made sure that his club voted in our favour.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Reconstruction to a 14 team league is purely to save Hearts and has nothing to do with saving Scottish football. I’ve supported Hibs all my life and have had a ST along with my son for many years. Sitting at Hampden watching us being demolished 5-1 by a club who couldn’t afford the players on the pitch, couldn’t pay there wages but still managed to sign a new striker who scored the winning semi final goal stuck in my craw. They were £20m in debt needing to sell Tynecastle when Robinson sold them to Romanov after overspending for years. Then they went on a ridiculous spending spree ending up being very fortunate to survive at all. Six years on and they’ve done the exact same again. After many years I’ve come to the point I can’t watch that anymore and would feel cheated if there was no comeuppance for their actions. I wouldn’t want to go back and watch it all happen again. That’s why I would be out.
    100% my thoughts on this!!! With a heavy heart I'd be done with Scottish football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Tell that to Brazilians. The virus is still a very real danger.
    Lucky we are not in Brazil then.

First Team Breakthrough

5-1 FTH
    thought you were out...

for the record I know your not a Jambo, but you do think you can tell everyone else what to do and how to vote and why they should or shouldn’t buy a season ticket..

now I am out and will not respond to your posts... you know your wrong as so do i

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Do the right things Hibs. Vote against reconstruction. Look after Hibs and other clubs who are well run. If there is anything hindering Scottish football it's clubs like hearts who are so badly run that the constant threat if administration is hanging over them. They need to find their own solution that doesn't drag every other club down. And no one should be taken in by the constant lying. They won't go tits up, they just need to cut their cloth accordingly, but that doesn't sir well with their delusions of grandeur. **** them. I seriously hope Hibs vote against this bull****

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Lucky we are not in Brazil then.
    That’s the only time that could ever be the correct answer 😁