hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue to support Hibs

110 57.29%
  • Have renewed, but will ask for refund

30 15.63%
  • Will not renew my season ticket

52 27.08%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

It's quite clear that the media are overloading the "sympathy" message for the Hertz being relegated and the case why we should re-construct the leagues. Unless I've missed it, I've not seen many reports lately of the opposing view. I wonder whether clubs like Motherwell, Hibs etc are worried about being portrayed as the 'bad guys'.

The worry is that clubs will be 'bullied' into accepting temporary re-construction.

If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, there's been a few commenting that they would not renew their Season Ticket or purchase Hibs merchandise next season, penalising Hibs when they need us most. However, it's extremely frustrating watching a club spending money they shouldn't be spending, being poorly managed and yet we've to feel sorry for them, allowing them to do it again next season.

So Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

Anyone who doesn't answer the top option doesn't have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who doesn't answer the top option doesn't have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.
    How does hibs voting for temporary restructure, which would be 100% inarguably to save Hearts, help Hibs wellbeing?

Hibs must stick with their guns and vote against it. Anything else is unforgivable. If 11 other clubs vote for reconstruction then thats what happens. There is nothing hibs can do but Hibs MUST vote against it.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    How does hibs voting for temporary restructure, which would be 100% inarguably to save Hearts, help Hibs wellbeing?

Hibs must stick with their guns and vote against it. Anything else is unforgivable. If 11 other clubs vote for reconstruction then thats what happens. There is nothing hibs can do but Hibs MUST vote against it.
    Not continuing to support Hibs because of it would hurt Hibs, not anyone else.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This is our chance to put distance between us for a few years
    Hearts will be back, but it will take them a few years to get upto Hibs level

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This.

I have thought this all along and have stated On other threads that if Hearts squirm out of this situation which is entirely of their own making that far from us pulling away from them they will almost instantly overtake us because they have reduced salaries rather than deferring them.

They will gain a significant financial advantage over nearly the whole premiership outside the OF and use that to every other clubs detriment. They will doubtless continue to offer inflated pay packets they can’t afford and the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen can’t compete with, Benny will re-emerge with the purse out and we can look forward to them challenging for 3rd place and probably succeeding because they’ve got away with it (again), and their muppet support lording it over us and laughing in our faces because they got away with it unpenalised (again).

This is not fantasy, this is exactly what will happen if the other premiership clubs let them off and all those outside the OF will only have themselves to blame as they run off laughing at the rest of the division.

For Hibs to support such a potential outcome would be horrific, but to answer the question, of course I will continue to support Hibs, there’s nothing else I know or can do.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree great opportunity to build a gap between the clubs and one imo they would take without a minutes thought.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Hibs ignoring the will of the majority of their support on such a big issue would hurt Hibs.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Hibs ignoring the will of the majority of their support on such a big issue would hurt Hibs.
    I'm not saying Hibs should vote for reconstruction, they shouldn't and I hope they don't.

But if they do (and that's the premise of this thread) then not continuing to support Hibs only hurts Hibs.
    Mon the Hibs.

Unforgivable even if our owner and chief executive think it's the best option in the current climate?

Unforgivable even if our owner and chief executive think it's the best option in the current climate?
    How is voting to save Hearts in a temporary restructure the best option for Hibs? I see zero benefits for Hibs. What i do see is a horrible, disgusting club trying to play the victim card and pleading poverty to try and emotionally blackmail clubs into saving them. If Gordon and Dempster are gullible enough to buy that then maybe they arent the right people to be running the club.

That all being said i think we will vote against it. I dont think they are that stupid and will see through their pish. Theyve done it the last couple of times so i dont see any reason for them to change their minds.

How is voting to save Hearts in a temporary restructure the best option for Hibs? I see zero benefits for Hibs. What i do see is a horrible, disgusting club trying to play the victim card and pleading poverty to try and emotionally blackmail clubs into saving them. If Gordon and Dempster are gullible enough to buy that then maybe they arent the right people to be running the club.

That all being said i think we will vote against it. I dont think they are that stupid and will see through their pish. Theyve done it the last couple of times so i dont see any reason for them to change their minds.
    So what will you do if we support reconstruction? Which option did you vote for?

If Hibs have any part to play in keeping them up whether that be a vote for reconstruction temporary or permanent I'll be keeping my ST money and spending it on other things. The money I spend on kits or whatever will go elsewhere too. If that makes me less of a fan in some other fans eyes so be it. If Hibs vote against it which I suspect they will and the 11 others vote for it then that's a different matter.

I have Hibs well being at the forefront - Never will we get a greater opportunity to turn the screw on them and create a gap between us and dominate for a long period of time. We had the chance when they went into admin before and never took it. Also, to match the clubs and fans ambitions for consistent top 4 and European football. I have more faith in this board than the previous board that this can happen though and Hibs must do all they can to ensure that.

They are were they are due to poor sporting performance. Is it perhaps a tad unfortunate that the season had to be called early due to a global pandemic? Yes, but thats all it is - unfortunate at best, they aren't the only team in the world with this situation. They have been financially mismanaged again. They have deliberately overspent to try gain a sporting advantage and failed. Reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 23-05-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    If Hibs have any part to play in keeping them up whether that be a vote for reconstruction temporary or permanent I'll be keeping my ST money and spending it on other things. The money I spend on kits or whatever will go elsewhere too. If that makes me less of a fan so be it. If Hibs vote against it which I suspect they will and the 11 others vote for it then that's a different matter.

I have Hibs well being at the forefront - Never will we get a greater opportunity to turn the screw on them and create a gap between us and dominate for a long period of time. Also, to match the clubs and fans ambitions for consistent top 4 and European football. We had the chance when they went into admin before and never took it. I have more faith in this board than the previous board that this can happen though and Hibs must do all they can to ensure that.

They are were they are due to poor sporting performance. Is it perhaps a tad unfortunate that the season had to be called early due to a global pandemic? Yes, but thats all it is - unfortunate at best, they aren't the only team in the world with this situation. They have been financially mismanaged again. They have deliberately overspent to try gain a sporting advantage and failed. Reap what you sow.
    Nonsense like this and the phrase “the will of the fans” makes me thank le god we’re not a fan run club nor will be any time soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs voting for reconstruction would show the club don’t have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

Would be shameful if Hibs voted to save that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Hibs voting for reconstruction would show the club don’t have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

How do you work that one out? Surely our club will vote whichever way makes most sense for our benefit. Reconstruction could potentially be a lifeline for several clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

How would your well-being be impacted?

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    So if you don’t vote for your preferred option we are all against Hibs what a Daft statement , as others have said we were one of the 6 who voted no for the good of Hibs then and any change now is simply to save hearts who overspent and put themselves in this situation albeit the season was cut short.

@hibs.net private member
    The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible

[QUOTE=lucky;6180830]The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible[/QUOTE

Exactly. If someone can present a cogent argument for a new set up being better than the one we already have, then I’m all for it. However, I have yet to see one. Is a 14-14-14 system really going to be a game changer for Scottish football?

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible
    Exactly. If someone can present a cogent argument for a new set up being better than the one we already have, then I’m all for it. However, I have yet to see one. Is a 14-14-14 system really going to be a game changer for Scottish football?
    Yes.

For the worse.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=number9dream;6181137]
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible[/QUOTE

your just too hard to please there’s been plenty decent arguments both pro and anti reconstruction on various threads

Quote Originally Posted by northgreen24 View Post
    So if you don’t vote for your preferred option we are all against Hibs what a Daft statement , as others have said we were one of the 6 who voted no for the good of Hibs then and any change now is simply to save hearts who overspent and put themselves in this situation albeit the season was cut short.
    Yes seeing as the option I voted for is the only one which doesn't harm Hibs.
    What don't you understand about that?

I'll continue to support Hibs - but I'll be disgusted if they vote to help hearts.

Refunds all round.

If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

If the shoe was on the other foot, would they be voting to save us? Not a chance. They remain the only club in world football who attempted a hostile takeover of their rivals in an attempt to close us down. We should vote in the best interests of Hibs and vote for us being the only premiership team in Edinburgh. That will help bring in what very little commercial income in Edinburgh there is available next season to us.

Financially, every club in Scotland is in trouble right now, including us. We need to get the game started again in some capacity by August in order to bring in income. Any reconstruction will result in us sharing that income with others. We can’t afford to do that. The club can’t vote to just give away money and in the same breath ask the fans not to ask for refunds on games they can’t attend.
    If we are playing behind closed doors for some games next season then that will become an issue again and I’ll happily not ask for a refund again so long as I know the club are not just giving away money by expanding the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If the shoe was on the other foot, would they be voting to save us? Not a chance. They remain the only club in world football who attempted a hostile takeover of their rivals in an attempt to close us down. We should vote in the best interests of Hibs and vote for us being the only premiership team in Edinburgh. That will help bring in what very little commercial income in Edinburgh there is available next season to us.

Financially, every club in Scotland is in trouble right now, including us. We need to get the game started again in some capacity by August in order to bring in income. Any reconstruction will result in us sharing that income with others. We can’t afford to do that. The club can’t vote to just give away money and in the same breath ask the fans not to ask for refunds on games they can’t attend.
    If we are playing behind closed doors for some games next season then that will become an issue again and I’ll happily not ask for a refund again so long as I know the club are not just giving away money by expanding the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As always, I find I agree with much of what you say.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I'd obviously continue to support Hibs but I would be very disappointed if they backed any plan that wasn't in the Scottish games best interest but solely to save Hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    This is obviously a very very divisive issue among supporters. I want Hibs to do what’s best for Hibs and not For Hearts. If they vote No great and if they vote yes then I would at least expect a reasonable reason why the change of vote.

I personally have followed Hibs through thick and thin and after what Mercer did to us I genuinely wouldn’t give them the steam of my p ss. I’m definitely in the you made your bed lie in it camp. However make no mistake they will come back stronger next year if not relegated.

How would I vote about supporting Hibs. I will always support Hibs but what I won’t do Is expect the board to vote just to save Hearts at our expense. The number of fans who have stated they won’t be back or asking for a refund etc should signal alarm bells how the fans feel.

However all said and done I expect Hibs to Vote No.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    This is the wrong question. We should show hibs what fan opinion is first and then there should be a what would you do question.

Fans have to make their views known to LD so she knows which way to vote.