hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We told you so

@hibs.net private member
    One question....both of us are similar sizes, similar attendances, similar turnover (excluding hospitality and increased wages), how come we are financially sound enough to whether this storm, and they are back in their second financial mess in 7 years or whatever it is.

Quite simply they had a decision to live within their means especially after administration. They’ve went for the delusional big team approach and spent above their means AGAIN, absolutely *uck them.

Horrible club with a horrible fan base. Hopefully everybody in Scotland has no sympathy for them and let nature run it’s course.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    If they're let back in on the basis they can't afford to not be playing next year then does the same not apply to the other 30 clubs outside the top flight? Needs to be a 42 team league next season then. 😌

Honest answer please. Would you all have felt like this about St Mirren if they had been bottom when football was suspended?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honest answer please. Would you all have felt like this about St Mirren if they had been bottom when football was suspended?
    Yup. Especially if they spent more than they could afford after only going into admin 6 years ago and were acting like Hearts are.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    One question....both of us are similar sizes, similar attendances, similar turnover (excluding hospitality and increased wages), how come we are financially sound enough to whether this storm, and they are back in their second financial mess in 7 years or whatever it is.

Quite simply they had a decision to live within their means especially after administration. They’ve went for the delusional big team approach and spent above their means AGAIN, absolutely *uck them.

Horrible club with a horrible fan base. Hopefully everybody in Scotland has no sympathy for them and let nature run it’s course.
    They set themselves up after admin on a hand-to-mouth model, living off all their revenues, FOH and benefactors when they should have been able to re-structure and change the whole ethos of the way they operate. Now that the **** has hit the fan and benny has disappeared they all of a sudden find that money is tight. When the pinch from the recession really starts to to bite and people have to cancel direct debits and go without season tickets they’ll be in even more trouble.

Budge must take the blame for this, she could have totally changed things and started again, and she did for a while. But the pressures of the top flight and them giving us a leg up on the way to winning the Scottish cup (sacking neilson etc) meant that fan power won over and they went back to their old ways.

Hibs have taken years of ***** teams, losing finals and a relegation, but we will emerge from this fully in tact, in the top flight ready to go again, ready to make improvements to our stadium and training facilities.

Where will they be? I bet even god himself isn’t sure.

I've been keeping my powder dry until it's all finally sorted out, I've got a nagging doubt that they are going to slither their way out of it. 😠

Yes, and there is no way we would have had all this bloody nonsense

Hearts are no special case.
    You must look at the best case scenario also.
    Lockdown is easing now and there’s a decent chance we’ll be playing before crowds again before too long.
    Its not just football it everything has to reopen. We cannot go on like this that much longer as the cure becomes worse than the disease.
    The NHS has been bolstered strongly now.
    Talk of lower leagues playing 18 games is nonsense.
    The premier clubs are in the same boat as everyone else.

**** THEM, they absolutely deserve to go down, if they go bust, even better, ****ty little club with delusions of grandeur. With a ****ty ****my support aswell.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    St Mirren could easily afford the drop in level, they’d cut their cloth accordingly and get on with it. Hearts don’t deserve to be saved because they have overspent (again).

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    So maybe the financial boys on here could help me understand their spending since admin in 2013

Hearts income and spend
    Hibs income and spend

Then I can make my own mind up if Budge has mismanaged them or not

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.
    This !

They are getting severely desperate now so going for the sympathy vote.

Sorry but simply paying Boyce ridiculous money in January should be enough for other clubs to realise they have no morales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    '[I]And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.
    So we save them but the rest can suffer. Beyond nonsensical. They were strong favourites for relegation and had the season ended they would have had to have face up to their their crisis which is totally self inflicted.Absolutely raging.

Yes, St Mirren would be dealt with the same way - relegation to the Championship.

Hearts are a special case that deserves special attention. They've learned nothing from their first admin and are now ****ting on all those people they stiffed by running their club into the ground again. They've deliberately wasted £ millions in extra cash and have mismanaged their business from top to bottom.

If the SPFL clubs tolerate this, Hearts and others like Sevco will feel free to do what they want with complete impunity, knowing that they are too big to fail and that other mugs (clubs) will dig into their own pockets to bail them out. That makes no sense in business and even less sense in Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    St Mirren could easily afford the drop in level, they’d cut their cloth accordingly and get on with it. Hearts don’t deserve to be saved because they have overspent (again).
    They really couldn't regardless of what you think of Hertz.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Been financially mismanaged and living beyond their means for years. They've literally wasted millions of pounds and outbid other clubs to get players on wages theat weren't sustainable. Coronavirus is now the reason for it all going wrong, nothing to do with what went before?

Just the other month they were forcing staff to take 50% wage cuts whilst emailing agents behind their backs saying they had a transfer kitty for players. Not to be trusted. It's embarrassing and they will try every trick in the book that lot. They're shameless.
    Last edited by Baader; 23-05-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    So maybe the financial boys on here could help me understand their spending since admin in 2013

Hearts income and spend
    Hibs income and spend

Then I can make my own mind up if Budge has mismanaged them or not
    Maybe include the outputs like league position, European campaigns and cups won .

@hibs.net private member
    Anybody feeling sorry for them must not have a Jambo family member or friend. There may be one or two decent jambo’s but the vast majority believe all their delusional *hite.

It is all their own fault. Mismanagement or whatever you may call it, but one thing for sure, is not one of them questioned where the money was coming from or disagreed with Budge. Every single one of them has taken great delight in sky view lounges, biggest curtain wall, biggest thus biggest that.

They are farcial and if they are saved I’ll be absolutely disgusted. They won’t be thankful either. It will be ‘the famous have been invited back to save all you diddy clubs with the Maroon pound’

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    “Hi Benny Factor. Gonna need another bail out. A big one this time.”

Let’s be clear, Hearts will survive this in one form or another. They will not fold. They may have an admin event but they will shed costs and come back with a CVA.
    There is no room for sympathy here. They need to be relegated because fair play demands it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Reconstruction will fail due to it being temporary, Premiership clubs are not going to vote for a change that increases the amount teams that get relegated next season. Hearts may be suffering but the reality is why should all clubs suffer because of their overspending again. If they go into administration they will yet again bump their creditors whilst their gullible fans continue to pump hundreds of thousands into their pathetically run club.

They really couldn't regardless of what you think of Hertz.

But Hearts are rich. The boss is a multi millionaire, they have huge backing from FOH and they have wealthy anonymous benefactors.

Aside from Celtc, Hearts can surely survive a shutdown for longer than any other scottish club.

Are they really going to try and plead poverty now?

Blog Entries
    Just hearing on the news that Hertz are going bust.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Nail on the head. Their current financial situation is partially of their own making, as they have once again paid wages that they can't afford.

What do we think they'll do if there is a reconstruction that allows them to stay in the premiership? They'll continue splashing the cash and to outbid us on wages for targets.

**** them.

Yep. Other clubs will be all too aware of Hearts overspending on players and in some cases will have been outbid for players by them. A club chairman or whatever saying anonymously that "it'll be a shame if..." doesn't mean that they'll vote to save Hearts and cost their own club money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Let’s be clear, Hearts will survive this in one form or another. They will not fold. They may have an admin event but they will shed costs and come back with a CVA.
    There is no room for sympathy here. They need to be relegated because fair play demands it.

It's not really fair play with 8 games left though is it?

It's not really fair play with 8 games left though is it?
    Tell me a more fair way of calculating the final league placings?

There isn't one.

Nail on head.

So bored of people crying it’s all unfair. What’s the alternative then?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Nail on head.

So bored of people crying it’s all unfair. What’s the alternative then?
    Reconstruction. These are once in a lifetime circumstances.

What their club and Mercer, tried to do all those years again will never ever be forgotten.

Budge and co are now using the sympathy vote (and CO19) to cover up her mismanagement of funds and it’s her Thats got them in this state.

**** em and I hope they go pop. It’s been all about them all along (as we well know). Other smaller clubs have had to cut their cloth accordingly and will continue to do so yet they are not spouting pish every other day.

See ya later Ann.