hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We told you so

We told you so

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Poor old jambos

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    “There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't stomach it if we voted to reverse their relegation. Buying two season tickets knowing you won't get to use them for a large chunk of the season to only see them bailed out, I don't honestly think I could do it. Double edged sword in that requesting a refund for season 20/21 would hurt Hibs.

It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.
    Normally I have quite a level headed and balanced outlook like you clearly have, however, when it comes to this particular issue I clearly lack a clear head.

Only a company would die. The club would survive.

@hibs.net private member
    Pleasing.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.
    Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.
    Last edited by 007; 23-05-2020 at 02:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.

Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.
    This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.

No sympathy whatsoever, if it was us they wouldn’t give a flying one, and if St. Mirren or anyone else had been bottom, none of this crap would have happened.
    You can bet herts would have been saying bye bye!!

@hibs.net private member
    Yes, seems they are indeed struggling....that said, if this goes on for another 6 months, it will hammer us too...will be really tough for almost all clubs.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.
    I wouldn’t like to see them go completely bust but I’d have no qualms about them folding and having to start again from the bottom.

I think I’m in the minority in that I’m not really arsed about reconstruction, I just want to see hibs kicking a ball again, I don’t care if that’s a 12, 14 or 16 team league, I’m really enjoying watching theme squirm though. I am confident though that it Hibs decide to vote through reconstruction then we’ll do so for the right reasons, what they would be I don’t know but I’m certain the club would take action that is best for Hibs.

I don’t really get the whole ‘doesn’t sit right with me them being relegated with 8 games still to go’, They shouldn’t have been bottom of the league if they didn’t want to go down, they played Hamilton and St Mirren just before the league finished up so it’s entirely their own fault they’re in this mess. Win those games and they’re not giving the slightest of ****s about Hamilton or St Mirren.

Relegations happen, nobody is dying (in a football perspective, don’t mean that to sound insensitive), they’ve been the worst team in a shortened season. Shortened because of reasons outwith anyone’s control. They need to take it on the chin, take their medicine and just get promoted next season, it’s not the end of the world.

People on here for real?

They've taken in millions and millions from wealthy donators either directly or via FoH. They've paid wages to Lafferty, Naismith and Boyce we could only dream about - all a few years after administration. *****ed almost £20m on an unfinished stand while constantly reminding Scottish football how sooper-dooper it is with their castle view (chortle), record breaking glass curtain and Piazza. And we've to feel sorry for them?

Hope they go down. Hope the suffer. Hope we rub salt in the wounds if/when the semi-final gets played.

**** them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.
    It really is. What do they think we can do. They have no more rights than ICT Dundee or Dunfermline etc. Everyones having to watch their cash here.
    hearts will have to cut their cloth like every other club.
    Cant they stfu?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    People on here for real?

They've taken in millions and millions from wealthy donators either directly or via FoH. They've paid wages to Lafferty, Naismith and Boyce we could only dream about - all a few years after administration. *****ed almost £20m on an unfinished stand while constantly reminding Scottish football how sooper-dooper it is with their castle view (chortle), record breaking glass curtain and Piazza. And we've to feel sorry for them?

Hope they go down. Hope the suffer. Hope we rub salt in the wounds if/when the semi-final gets played.

**** them.
    Nail on the head. Their current financial situation is partially of their own making, as they have once again paid wages that they can't afford.

What do we think they'll do if there is a reconstruction that allows them to stay in the premiership? They'll continue splashing the cash and to outbid us on wages for targets.

**** them.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King conrad View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Poor old jambos
    Would that mean we’re in the Scottish Cup Final. 😂

So let me get this right. Some top flight clubs are now saying Hearts are too big to fail and it is up to the others to "help" them survive. This would in effect involve each and every Prem club giving up some of their revenue, so Hearts can have it ?? To hell with that !

A lot of Hibs fans will not be happy having forgone refunds and invested in STs blind, just to save Hearts arse. Let them go bust and start again. They've got lots of experience with that.

I must be missing something.

The choice seems to be no games at all in the Championship or games behind closed doors in the Premiership. Surely games behind closed doors would cost them more than not playing at all given appearance money, travelling expenses and wages for other staff, not to mention the costs of virus testing. They also wouldn't be able to invoke any relegation clauses they have in players' contracts.

It seems to me that relegation is the cheaper option for them. We're relegating them for their own good.

This media campaign/conn to keep hearts up unfairly is getting as bad as the Rangers must not be relegated to the bottom division campaign 2012ish even though they were a new club.

Doesn’t sit right with me at all that after all their overspending that the leagues could be restructured just so they could continue to spend money they don’t have, to our detriment. Hearts should take the opportunity to shed players and finally live within their means. Their fans will dig deep to keep them afloat and even if they go bust they’ll do a Sevco.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.
    I’m in this camp too, don’t want them to go bust as I know a lot of good Jambos who are genuine and don’t give it all the big team wee team nonsense.

But this seems like a last roll of the dice from budge and if she’d been open and honest from the off she would have gained more sympathy. The fact they’ve allowed this to drag out over the course of several weeks and have still to come up with a concrete plan says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by King conrad View Post

Poor old jambos
    For those not want to click on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Record

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Record Sport understands all 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

Record Sport also understands the Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”

Tynecastle boss Daniel Stendel is sceptical the plan will work. He said: “Voting is complicated in Scotland and if there are only one or two votes against, it won’t go through. And as is usually the case in life, in the end, everyone looks after themselves.”

Morton are among a group of clubs who believe the division can begin behind closed doors and have been exploring the potential of raising cash from pay-per-view live streaming of matches.

But Dunfermline’s decision to cut Stevie Crawford’s squad to just a handful of players is a clear indication of the crisis about to engulf Scottish football’s second tier.

The East End Park club said: “All Scottish clubs now face uncertain times. As a consequence of this, we are afraid to announce our club will not be in a position to offer new contracts, at this time, to any of the players who are out of contract over the coming days.”

Queen of the South – with just three players under contract – are in favour of an extended shutdown and truncated campaign.

But, despite being relegated to League One, Partick Thistle are among a number of clubs in the lowest two tiers who would be able to cope financially with starting up behind closed doors.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.
    Nail on the head. They never learn and in no circumstances should they be bailed out. Go into admin and then only a couple years later spend £20m on a piece of ***** stand and about £20k a week on three average players.

Nobody else does it. Let them go into admin again if that’s the consequence of their overspending.

Fake doomsday scenarios all over the media this weekend.
    If sportsound is on well, that’ll be hearts radio.
    The world is ending and only saving hearts can save us.
    It’s a big conn.

@hibs.net private member
    “It may be that not all clubs will survive this crisis. Thanks to you, Hearts will.”

Don't worry folks, FOH have got this covered.

As for Budge, she is like a bird trapped in a net, no idea how to get out and just furiously flapping around.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    People on here for real?

**** them.
    This.