hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We told you so

Hybrid View

We told you so

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Poor old jambos

@hibs.net private member
    “There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't stomach it if we voted to reverse their relegation. Buying two season tickets knowing you won't get to use them for a large chunk of the season to only see them bailed out, I don't honestly think I could do it. Double edged sword in that requesting a refund for season 20/21 would hurt Hibs.

It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.
    Normally I have quite a level headed and balanced outlook like you clearly have, however, when it comes to this particular issue I clearly lack a clear head.

Only a company would die. The club would survive.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    “There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't stomach it if we voted to reverse their relegation. Buying two season tickets knowing you won't get to use them for a large chunk of the season to only see them bailed out, I don't honestly think I could do it. Double edged sword in that requesting a refund for season 20/21 would hurt Hibs.
    Their relegation can't be reversed. That's now set in stone and will be recorded in the history books. They went down.

The only way they could hope to gain a place in the top flight is through the creation of a new, bigger league and that looks all but a non-starter.

@hibs.net private member
    Pleasing.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.
    Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.
    Last edited by 007; 23-05-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.
    This !

They are getting severely desperate now so going for the sympathy vote.

Sorry but simply paying Boyce ridiculous money in January should be enough for other clubs to realise they have no morales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    '[I]And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

So we save them but the rest can suffer. Beyond nonsensical. They were strong favourites for relegation and had the season ended they would have had to have face up to their their crisis which is totally self inflicted.Absolutely raging.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.
    I’m in this camp too, don’t want them to go bust as I know a lot of good Jambos who are genuine and don’t give it all the big team wee team nonsense.

But this seems like a last roll of the dice from budge and if she’d been open and honest from the off she would have gained more sympathy. The fact they’ve allowed this to drag out over the course of several weeks and have still to come up with a concrete plan says it all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post

I 100% would have no problem seeing them disappear for good. Selfish maybe but my life would be better without them around. The derby's no big deal IMHO, just a pretty unpleasant excuse for an outpouring of bile and I think Hibs would actually thrive by not having to adopt a different mindset for one fixture.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I 100% would have no problem seeing them disappear for good. Selfish maybe but my life would be better without them around. The derby's no big deal IMHO, just a pretty unpleasant excuse for an outpouring of bile and I think Hibs would actually thrive by not having to adopt a different mindset for one fixture.
    They won’t fold, will still be a Hearts team playing somewhere in Scotland next season

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They won’t fold, will still be a Hearts team playing somewhere in Scotland next season
    Kelty?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    For once we agree.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    For once we agree.

If there are a bunch of clubs that can't afford to play behind closed doors and another bunch that can the league will be reconstructed to accommodate those that can.

Whether that means hearts are in the Premiership or some kind of modified Championship I don't know, but that is what will happen as it's obviously best for football.

EZ

Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.
    This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.
    I wouldn’t like to see them go completely bust but I’d have no qualms about them folding and having to start again from the bottom.

I think I’m in the minority in that I’m not really arsed about reconstruction, I just want to see hibs kicking a ball again, I don’t care if that’s a 12, 14 or 16 team league, I’m really enjoying watching theme squirm though. I am confident though that it Hibs decide to vote through reconstruction then we’ll do so for the right reasons, what they would be I don’t know but I’m certain the club would take action that is best for Hibs.

I don’t really get the whole ‘doesn’t sit right with me them being relegated with 8 games still to go’, They shouldn’t have been bottom of the league if they didn’t want to go down, they played Hamilton and St Mirren just before the league finished up so it’s entirely their own fault they’re in this mess. Win those games and they’re not giving the slightest of ****s about Hamilton or St Mirren.

Relegations happen, nobody is dying (in a football perspective, don’t mean that to sound insensitive), they’ve been the worst team in a shortened season. Shortened because of reasons outwith anyone’s control. They need to take it on the chin, take their medicine and just get promoted next season, it’s not the end of the world.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.
    It really is. What do they think we can do. They have no more rights than ICT Dundee or Dunfermline etc. Everyones having to watch their cash here.
    hearts will have to cut their cloth like every other club.
    Cant they stfu?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.
    Nail on the head. They never learn and in no circumstances should they be bailed out. Go into admin and then only a couple years later spend £20m on a piece of ***** stand and about £20k a week on three average players.

Nobody else does it. Let them go into admin again if that’s the consequence of their overspending.

No sympathy whatsoever, if it was us they wouldn’t give a flying one, and if St. Mirren or anyone else had been bottom, none of this crap would have happened.
    You can bet herts would have been saying bye bye!!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    No sympathy whatsoever, if it was us they wouldn’t give a flying one, and if St. Mirren or anyone else had been bottom, none of this crap would have happened.
    You can bet herts would have been saying bye bye!!

Your absolutely right if St.Mirren had been relegated Budge would have been demanding a 22 team SPFL as that is the number of clubs she believes Scotland can realistically support.........goodbye and good riddance to them.....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Does anybody remember Mercer, **** them, get them 6 feet under.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Does anybody remember Mercer, **** them, get them 6 feet under.
    I do and agree with FTH.

That said I’m looking at the reality of this and the signs and signals which points to them escaping the guillotine sickening tho it is. Seen the movie scene too many times. How the eff did they get out of the mess Vlad and co created? They could fall in the European turd lake and come out smelling of roses it’s unreal.

its never over with them til it’s over.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.