hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    60
    Posts
    51,129
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just have it for the full time clubs with enough players- one off games wonít take long
    I'd just have it for Premiership clubs, that's you and your team knackered.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just have it for the full time clubs with enough players- one off games wonít take long
    59 in a row

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,226
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for radical change. Make the spfl only for full time clubs, no plastic pitches . Minimum no of full time players( no loanees counted). Stadia criteria. Structure the leagues relative to no of full time clubs. Have the league cup for the full time clubs behind closed doors
    How about no promotion next season to protect the current top 12?
    Plus the hearts could look after all the championship clubs with Benny Factor, Foh and the other 400,000 numbskulls?

  5. #34
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,902
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for radical change. Make the spfl only for full time clubs, no plastic pitches . Minimum no of full time players( no loanees counted). Stadia criteria. Structure the leagues relative to no of full time clubs. Have the league cup for the full time clubs behind closed doors

    Bin Hearts, you mean?


  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd just have it for Premiership clubs, that's you and your team knackered.
    👍

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,226
    Chippy is Ann Budge.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chippy is Ann Budge.
    That would be crispy, surely?

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chippy is Ann Budge.

    There will be chips!

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,226
    It all adds up guys.
    Chips will be served.Reconstruct at any cost, stuff the wee teams etc.

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for radical change. Make the spfl only for full time clubs, no plastic pitches . Minimum no of full time players( no loanees counted). Stadia criteria. Structure the leagues relative to no of full time clubs. Have the league cup for the full time clubs behind closed doors
    I do think change is needed but I certainly wouldn't gate keep the league behind a financial criteria such as being able to afford Full-Time status. Team like Alloa etc have had great seasons in the Championship and provided us with tough fixtures in our spell there and it would be a shame to just get rid of them from the set up and would just limit the already fairly limited pool of teams we currently have, or worse cause those clubs to go bust with their attempts to meet the criteria just to enjoy their success of being promoted and keep teams who finish bottom in a division safe just due to their financial status.

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    66
    Posts
    11,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it.
    bolt

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    7,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do think change is needed but I certainly wouldn't gate keep the league behind a financial criteria such as being able to afford Full-Time status. Team like Alloa etc have had great seasons in the Championship and provided us with tough fixtures in our spell there and it would be a shame to just get rid of them from the set up and would just limit the already fairly limited pool of teams we currently have, or worse cause those clubs to go bust with their attempts to meet the criteria just to enjoy their success of being promoted and keep teams who finish bottom in a division safe just due to their financial status.
    Its a ridiculous suggestion. As you say, why should clubs suffer because they choose to operate part-time? The whole thing reeks of hertzness.

  14. #43
    I preferred the old league cup set up. Think the changed it the season after we lost to County in the final? I think that set up was a bit better.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved