hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I accept I'm in the minority but I think Fergie is an utter tool. I've felt this since his interview pitchside seconds after Aberdeen beat Rangers in the Scottish cup final calling the performance a disgrace. They'd just won the Cup winners cup a couple of weeks before as well. I've heard all the arguments "that's what makes him a winner" blah blah blah...he's still a tool.

Defo looked as though he got out of bed the wrong side that day

Needs to pack in the whisky

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I accept I'm in the minority but I think Fergie is an utter tool. I've felt this since his interview pitchside seconds after Aberdeen beat Rangers in the Scottish cup final calling the performance a disgrace. They'd just won the Cup winners cup a couple of weeks before as well. I've heard all the arguments "that's what makes him a winner" blah blah blah...he's still a tool.
    Roy Keane agrees with you.

Was it not just a few days after they'd won the Cup Winners Cup, rather than a couple of weeks? Which would make the outburst even worse, of course.

Imagine beating Real Madrid in a European final and Rangers in the SC Final, and then your manager publicly calls you "a disgrace" 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Was it not just a few days after they'd won the Cup Winners Cup, rather than a couple of weeks? Which would make the outburst even worse, of course.

Imagine beating Real Madrid in a European final and Rangers in the SC Final, and then your manager publicly calls you "a disgrace" 😂
    Yes after I posted I had a look online...it was 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Defo looked as though he got out of bed the wrong side that day

Needs to pack in the whisky
    Think red wine is is tipple of choice

Wish we'd had a manager who was that much of a "tool".

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I hated Fergie’s team at the time as we could barely ever lay a glove on them. My biggest disappointment against them was not beating them in the Cup semi at Dens in 86. We came so close in that game. They were a fantastic side with a solid stable core and some brilliant attacking players. Even when their first choice men weren’t available they always seemed to have guys who could stand in seamlessly.
    I don't remember us being that competitive in the semi? Someone went close for us really early on, but we were easy beat?

Imagine we'd won though. Can you imagine that Final? 😂

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I don't remember us being that competitive in the semi? Someone went close for us really early on, but we were easy beat?

Imagine we'd won though. Can you imagine that Final? 😂
    John Collins hit the bar but in truth we were never really in it. Was the same as the LC final, well beaten by a really good Aberdeen side.
    Our bus broke down on the way to the game that day just outside Bridge of Allan but everyone made it to the game by hitch hiking. 4 of us got a lift from Raymond Sparkes. Summed up our day really.