hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 436 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye it’s a bit ***** to see a newly promoted club chucking £250k at your January target whilst we’re having to pay people off.

A right kick in the teeth for fans as well.

Also raises serious questions about the difference between Dundee Utd’s newish owner & our new owner.
    I was totally shot down for complaints like this in the club update thread, worrying times ahead....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    They have a lower cost base ? They’ve not faced up to all their cost cutting yet ? Some getting support from their owners? Many reasons ..perhaps we are just facing into the crisis in a more mature way than the others are ? Maybe they are getting their strategy wrong ?
    if we turn out to be the only team doing this correctly whilst the other clubs who’re strengthening for next season are doing it wrong I’ll be very surprised

@hibs.net private member
    if we turn out to be the only team doing this correctly whilst the other clubs who’re strengthening for next season are doing it wrong I’ll be very surprised
    Yeah. I updated that post to include the option that we are getting it wrong too ...

I can understand your concern. The club will too . It’s frustrating . Hopefully they can communicate more clearly the rationale and how the fans can support in any way we can ...

Who has strengthened their squad?

Yeah. I updated that post to include the option that we are getting it wrong too ...

I can understand your concern. The club will too . It’s frustrating . Hopefully they can communicate more clearly the rationale and how the fans can support in any way we can ...
    I think that’s a lot to do with it. The statement released the other day was so open ended they were inviting the media to jump on it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    We won't be the only ones. The majority of clubs will end up doing the same thing.

You keep going on about other teams strengthening, until about 2 days ago the same papers that are saying we’re in financial peril and are selling everyone off had us linked in the same way as united are being linked with multiple players. Clearly we’re in a serious situation but so will everyone, I’d say us and Aberdeen will be missing out the most in the top flight due to our crowd size compared to most teams. I think people need to take a step back and calm down for a bit.

Also somebody mentioned Kilmarnock were bringing players in but they need to, they got rid of something like 17 players from last season

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    You keep going on about other teams strengthening, until about 2 days ago the same papers that are saying we’re in financial peril and are selling everyone off had us linked in the same way as united are being linked with multiple players. Clearly we’re in a serious situation but so will everyone, I’d say us and Aberdeen will be missing out the most in the top flight due to our crowd size compared to most teams. I think people need to take a step back and calm down for a bit.

Also somebody mentioned Kilmarnock were bringing players in but they need to, they got rid of something like 17 players from last season
    I think it’s fair that some fans are unsettled. I can understand some concern . It’s unclear what sort of squad we will have when we restart, and not that motivating if clubs like United are beating us to targets....

It’s an uncertain time..could be a rough ride for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    This is just the usual panic from fans during the off season... come august when we restart most naysayers will have changed their minds and we will have good support rom the majority of the fans, the rest are the usual negative nellies who complain no matter what the club does.

In my opinion next season is a write off and a great opportunity to bring through youth and lay the foundations for the next generation.

Let's stay positive, it could be worse.... we could be playing in the championship and wasting time and money on a lawsuit!

Testimonial Due
    A few w of the folk complaining about Dundee Utd spending should take a look at their finances https://bit.ly/3hIj2Iv
    According to figures published last year, they had a wages to turnover ration at 133%. Higher than Rangers. Scottish football history tells you this won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This is just the usual panic from fans during the off season... come august when we restart most naysayers will have changed their minds and we will have good support rom the majority of the fans, the rest are the usual negative nellies who complain no matter what the club does.

In my opinion next season is a write off and a great opportunity to bring through youth and lay the foundations for the next generation.

Let's stay positive, it could be worse.... we could be playing in the championship and wasting time and money on a lawsuit!
    How can you compare this to the usual panic?

Have you completely missed hibs’ statement? This is about as unusual as it gets for us.

Next season already a write off when people have already forked out £400+ for season tickets. There’s the issue.

There are going to be a lot of players leaving clubs and taking serious wage cuts during the next few months. I don't think you can justify buying new players until you sort out the situation with the existing staff.
    This story is being given legs due to the notion that Rangers will be able to low ball for Kamberi. No one is reporting what is going on at Aberdeen, killie, St Johnsone ect but you can guarantee that they are in the same boat.
    I think the club has to settle the current wage issue then wait and see how things look in the coming months.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    So all in the space of a few months, we've gone from Ron's up lifting vision of the future to a financial disaster. If true something is just not right at ER.

Have you completely missed hibs’ statement? This is about as unusual as it gets for us.

Next season already a write off when people have already forked out £400+ for season tickets. There’s the issue.
    Why is next season a write off?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Why is next season a write off?
    The poster I was replying to said that, not me

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    So all in the space of a few months, we've gone from Ron's up lifting vision of the future to a financial disaster. If true something is just not right at ER.
    Yep, also finding it weird how we’re going from cash in the bank and money set aside for novelty stuff like a new sound system and a big screen to this.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    A few w of the folk complaining about Dundee Utd spending should take a look at their finances https://bit.ly/3hIj2Iv
    According to figures published last year, they had a wages to turnover ration at 133%. Higher than Rangers. Scottish football history tells you this won't end well.
    In a radio interview with their owner a while back, he said that he was prepared to invest to get promoted and build a team for the top flight, but t then said he wouldn't keep making loss after loss and like any business he'd drop them like he would any other business.

They're significantly overstretched at the moment, it'll go one of two ways for them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The poster I was replying to said that, not me
    Apologies. I thought you were agreeing with him that the season was a write off.

I think it’s fair that some fans are unsettled. I can understand some concern . It’s unclear what sort of squad we will have when we restart, and not that motivating if clubs like United are beating us to targets....

It’s an uncertain time..could be a rough ride for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I can understand that folk will be concerned, I’m just saying that we should maybe let things settle and see what actually happens not just at hibs but at the other clubs instead of deciding that we’re getting relegated next season already

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    In a radio interview with their owner a while back, he said that he was prepared to invest to get promoted and build a team for the top flight, but t then said he wouldn't keep making loss after loss and like any business he'd drop them like he would any other business.

They're significantly overstretched at the moment, it'll go one of two ways for them.
    Yeah they were clearly going for it to get promoted, wouldn’t be surprised to see Shankland go this summer

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Apologies. I thought you were agreeing with him that the season was a write off.
    Not at all. The opposite, try telling 8.5k of us that next seasons a write off. Certainly hope it’s not

A write-off? Do you know something we don't?

Can you maybe calm down a wee bit instead of panicking all over the board - it's getting a wee bit too much.

Hibs are asking players to agree a reduction in wages. None of them have left or been sold yet.

Wait and see what other clubs do (and not just 1 or 2). Please.

This was never going to be a normal transfer window. If there are club’s whose owners are willing to burn up money to take advantage of that, then I’m sure they’ll do well out of it. Perhaps that’s the case for Dundee United, if their guy has decided the losses are worth it to build a squad that will stay up, that’s his call to make.

For us, our budget has been whacked with a massive stick. Few of our top earners are out of contract. Ron could decide to put money in and run at a bigger loss, or he could decide he doesn’t fancy doing that. I’m not sure either is a right or a wrong answer, but given our recent history, it seems probable we’ll take the financially less risky route.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Wouldn't believe the spin being put on it. Hibs are doing what every other business, in every other industry are doing, and planning a financial future out of the pandemic so the club survives as intact as it can.

Players need to look at the economic landscape, not just in football, but in life around them - hotels shutting, companies going into receivership, some recognised businesses announcing job losses in the hundreds and thousands. It's real world stuff, economies of scale, supply and demand, all under restrictions due to a world health crisis.

Not like the Scottish media to over react, over state, and single out a club is it

I dare say the Daily Record and other media outlets will be making redundancies due to this awful crisis - will they be quick to print that ?

EPL clubs are suffering badly and that's despite the windfall of money they get from sponsors and media. Sprinkle some perspective on things and Hibs are doing what every single football club are doing right now, and that is trying to carefully and sensitively manage their way through the crisis with as little damage as is possible.

Stubbs was left with 7 players when he came in (or there abouts). He rebuilt the squad. Yes, with resources, but circumstances may come to pass that we, and other clubs, have to rebuild and do so in a financially responsible way. Could mean more youth being signed or getting opportunities, who knows. Whatever happens, I'm very confident we will have a competitive team on the pitch - and if players choose to leave, refuse to accept cuts, then fair play, it's going to be a very very difficult market out there to find clubs that can afford them.

Other than 3 or 4 players, I can't see many clubs battering the door down to sign any others to be brutally frank. We are not a side currently awash with 'stars'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    A write-off? Do you know something we don't?

Can you maybe calm down a wee bit instead of panicking all over the board - it's getting a wee bit too much.

Hibs are asking players to agree a reduction in wages. None of them have left or been sold yet.

Wait and see what other clubs do (and not just 1 or 2). Please.
    ****sake, read the post I was replying to. I’ve not said next seasons a write off

People have the right to raise questions about this.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 17-06-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    There are going to be a lot of players leaving clubs and taking serious wage cuts during the next few months. I don't think you can justify buying new players until you sort out the situation with the existing staff.
    This story is being given legs due to the notion that Rangers will be able to low ball for Kamberi. No one is reporting what is going on at Aberdeen, killie, St Johnsone ect but you can guarantee that they are in the same boat.
    I think the club has to settle the current wage issue then wait and see how things look in the coming months.
    Good post.

The clubs like Killie and Motherwell who have brought in new players had to as they had lost a lot of their squad once last season ended.

Lots out, a few in.

How anyone can equate that to strengthening their squads is hard to see.

Our position is that we have a reasonably large number of contracted players so this does negatively affect our ability to bring in fresh faces right now.

There are a few weeks to go before the season starts and who knows when the transfer window will end. With the reconstruction argument out of the way, expect to see lots of media articles looking to stir up doom and gloom stories. It sells papers.

So I think that a lot of people on here are going to have to show a little more faith in the club and the players.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I can understand that folk will be concerned, I’m just saying that we should maybe let things settle and see what actually happens not just at hibs but at the other clubs instead of deciding that we’re getting relegated next season already
    People are simply sharing some thoughts and emotions about our current position ...it’s fair that some have concerns about how strong we will be in the next season ..

I think some of the questions are reasonable ..worthy of debate anyway

Testimonial Due
    I have posted the details on another thread but at best we will have a £4.5 million shortfall between operating costs and income this season. People have to face up to that reality. This season is going to be about financial and football survival

****sake, read the post I was replying to. I’ve not said next seasons a write off

People have the right to raise questions about this.
    Of course, but IMO you've been OTT with negativity all morning.

I’m assuming Kamberi could be about to walk away for free . If he refuses to drop his wages, I can only assume a route to “redundancy”, or cheap sale, will be the only option Hibs have (unless they keep him on full salary)..any player who wants out, could use this to get free of his contract ..
    Wonder if he is the leak to the DR, who seem to be the first to report everything