hibs.net Messageboard

Page 405 of 436 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,150 of 13062
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I'm not sure I have heard of compensation of £500K for a young Scottish player before, I think the max I can remember was around £300k. As the enlightening interview with Mathie showed us, there is more than one way to sign a player we want, it isn't always cash that is the most attractive option for a club. I would prefer Campbell to Magennis but either would be a good signing. As for St Mirren's tweet about a substantial offer, this could still be pretty low in the scheme for things, player with under a year left on his contract, at St Mirren so not on a huge wage, free to sign a pre contract in a few months time, I would imagine a substantial offer would be around £100k.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Having read the Motherwell fans forum for their opinion on Campbell I’m surprised to see a couple describing him as slow, albeit incredible fitness levels and able to keep going the full game even if it is one paced.

Ive seen him on numerous occasions and he never struck me as slow.

Id take him 100% though and he’s the sort of signing that would walk into our team and make us significantly better. He seems to have added goals to his game lately too and is getting in and around the box more.

Magennis I also like and think he would be a decent addition although might not make the initial impact that Campbell would. Also slightly different players mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure I have heard of compensation of £500K for a young Scottish player before, I think the max I can remember was around £300k. As the enlightening interview with Mathie showed us, there is more than one way to sign a player we want, it isn't always cash that is the most attractive option for a club. I would prefer Campbell to Magennis but either would be a good signing. As for St Mirren's tweet about a substantial offer, this could still be pretty low in the scheme for things, player with under a year left on his contract, at St Mirren so not on a huge wage, free to sign a pre contract in a few months time, I would imagine a substantial offer would be around £100k.
    Might seem high, but it's correct. SPFL Premiership clubs are counted as Category 2. This page describes both development fees and solidarity payments very well.
    https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Ross county rejected a 300k bid with significant add ons for Ross Stewart and are wanting 1 million.

Be surprised if they get anywhere near that.
    A little surprising? Perhaps, but they're entitled to ask for more in this day and age. They'll argue he's worth more than the offer received over the remainder of his contract which a quick check suggests is up next year. They'll see his goals as a possible place or 2 in the league which would cover the bid. About time Scottish clubs started knocking back lowball offers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    A little surprising? Perhaps, but they're entitled to ask for more in this day and age. They'll argue he's worth more than the offer received over the remainder of his contract which a quick check suggests is up next year. They'll see his goals as a possible place or 2 in the league which would cover the bid. About time Scottish clubs started knocking back lowball offers.
    I agree in principle but I suspect that before the end of this season RC would bite your hand off for £300k. They're really gambling on him progressing again this season & I don't see it. Good luck to them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Might seem high, but it's correct. SPFL Premiership clubs are counted as Category 2. This page describes both development fees and solidarity payments very well.
    https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers
    Thanks for that, it is an article I had read before but couldn't find again. So about £480K for the years he's been there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Giving the lack of fans, I wonder how much we would get in the Scottish Cup, especially if we made it to the final?

Perhaps enough to go towards a chunk of any new incoming player(s)?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would we not be due a development fee for MacGennis also?

Thanks for that, it is an article I had read before but couldn't find again. So about £480K for the years he's been there.
    Been there from the age of 10, so 10 years between the ages of 12 and 21.
    So 600,000 Euros, which I think is about £550k.

This is the amount if it goes to tribunal, clubs can agree a deal outside of this (as we did with SJM)

What's interesting is that the developing clubs effectively maintain a 5% stake in the player for the rest of their career, with that being awarded for every single transfer after leaving, which is often the source of another .net arguement

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would we not be due a development fee for MacGennis also?
    Yeah looking at that article we would be due the same compo for both, from aged 12 to present, they're both 22 now, 10 years at £60K per year? £600K, I think that puts them both out of our price range. I am notorious for missing details on these sort of things so this could be totally false

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I wonder who we move on to if we miss out on both magennis & Campbell. Under a week to go.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    No team in Scotland is paying these values outside of old firm. So an agreement can be reached.
    If they move down south out of contract then whats the dev fees?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Dundee have signed a young forward from Celtic on loan. Sure somebody on here had him linked with is a few months back.

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jonathan Afolabi from Celtic on a season long loan #thedee

➡️ https://t.co/OvMX3uvw2h https://t.co/MY5R0PArcl

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    A strong Dundee, ICT and Dunfermline is just what we need in the championship. Would be good to see them as the top three

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    A strong Dundee, ICT and Dunfermline is just what we need in the championship. Would be good to see them as the top three
    And give them a bit of a confidence knock before the semi.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Dundee have signed a young forward from Celtic on loan. Sure somebody on here had him linked with is a few months back.

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jonathan Afolabi from Celtic on a season long loan #thedee

➡️ https://t.co/OvMX3uvw2h https://t.co/MY5R0PArcl
    Hearts fans are spitting feathers about this. I couldn’t work out why but apparently it’s something to do with that vote that took place when Dundee changed their mind at the last minute.

Ignoring the three independent judges and two investigations from large reputable companies, apparently this loan is proof of wrong doing at that vote.

Absolutely bat **** crazy that lot, they’ve completely lost their mind.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Aye, but Hearts who are in a stronger position than everyone else to survive, well basically everything have just signed a freedom of contract star Andy Halliday, despite competition from no one at all despite his well publicised availability.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Hearts fans are spitting feathers about this. I couldn’t work out why but apparently it’s something to do with that vote that took place when Dundee changed their mind at the last minute.

Ignoring the three independent judges and two investigations from large reputable companies, apparently this loan is proof of wrong doing at that vote.

Makes you wonder if it's somehow influenced by the deal the wee team were gloating about over Hickey that seemed to deny celtc some money.

Cannae see it myself, what with Mrs doctor Budge and the golfer guy being so good at all these businessy type things.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

The fact Strachan has a role at Dundee will also be a factor but that won't stop the conspiracy freaks howl at the moon.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    And give them a bit of a confidence knock before the semi.
    Are they even going to start playing league games before the semi?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Are they even going to start playing league games before the semi?
    They play a good 5 or so.

Edit - 5 indeed.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

Edit - 5 indeed.
    Only two Championship games, both live on BBC Scotland btw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54300493

Their other three games are League Cup, although two of those are against Championship teams.

Edit - 5 indeed.
    Ah so their league is going ahead then?

@hibs.net private member
    Ah so their league is going ahead then?
    Apologies, I must have missed something here.

Edit - just googled it. I can’t see anything at all about their league not starting. I hope I’m not being dim?
    Last edited by H18 SFR; 29-09-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Apologies, I must have missed something here.

Edit - just googled it. I can’t see anything at all about their league not starting. I hope I’m not being dim?
    I was of the impression there was a chance it wouldn’t be going ahead.

Seems you’re right!

@hibs.net private member
    I was of the impression there was a chance it wouldn’t be going ahead.

Seems you’re right!
    What would have stopped it? Further restrictions from the Government?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    What would have stopped it? Further restrictions from the Government?
    I thought there was chat about lower league clubs maybe being unable to as it was looking like there would be no fans for the foreseeable future and them banking on receiving some income from gate receipts.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Only two Championship games, both live on BBC Scotland btw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54300493

Their other three games are League Cup, although two of those are against Championship teams.
    Are these on the BBC1, bbc Scotland channel, or Alba

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Are these on the BBC1, bbc Scotland channel, or Alba
    BBC Scotland channel. They've been showing Championship games at 7.05pm on Fridays for a few years but these ones are going to be at 7.45pm which means displacing the 9pm news programme that was pretty much the reason for the channel existing in the first place. Ah well, it's not as if there's anything else going on in the world that's more important than Hearts...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I wonder who we move on to if we miss out on both magennis & Campbell. Under a week to go.

Another McGinn. Not a brother but mad uncle McGinn.

Cue predictable meltdown from the usual suspects, who then go quiet when he turns out to be no bad at all.