hibs.net Messageboard

Page 365 of 436 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 more?? So we are getting rid of all our midfield except Gogic now? Wow
    No.

We need options and cover.

Can you fashion a decent midfield that includes more than one of Allan, Mallan, Newell or Hallberg though?

We might want to play up to 4 central midfielders depending on how Ross wants to play, then we’ll have injuries and suspensions to take into consideration.

2 good midfielders and I honestly think we’ve got as strong a squad as we’ve had for a while.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Just me that finds it bizarre that people can't see we need a couple of midfielders?
    Well it seems to be the common held belief on Hibsnet. Some posters said the side needed a completely new defence at the start of the season and the defence is probably the most consistent part of the side now. If we sign another midfielder some of the present lot would have to move on as I see it. Halberg would be my guess, Newell, Mallan or Allan? Controversial comment!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We have issues if Gogic is out, we don’t have any natural replacement for that role. We also need someone better and more consistent than Newell. He’s had his moments but isn’t showing his quality on a regular basis.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    2 more?? So we are getting rid of all our midfield except Gogic now? Wow
    I hope one at least goes out with two in, definitely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    No.

Can you fashion a decent midfield that includes more than one of Allan, Mallan, Newell or Hallberg though?

We might want to play up to 4 central midfielders depending on how Ross wants to play, then we’ll have injuries and suspensions to take into consideration.

2 good midfielders and I honestly think we’ve got as strong a squad as we’ve had for a while.
    Halberg wouldn’t be a miss at all.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Gerrard spoke publicly at 1st not Hibs, a deal was agreed between Rangers and the player until Aberdeen got involved, the loan and future payment plus extra wages for the player changed it. Hibs were not happy at all, the club and player went back on a gentleman's agreement.
    Unfortunately Hibs forgot that gentleman's agreements mean very little to ****bags

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    Well it seems to be the common held belief on Hibsnet. Some posters said the side needed a completely new defence at the start of the season and the defence is probably the most consistent part of the side now. If we sign another midfielder some of the present lot would have to move on as I see it. Halberg would be my guess, Newell, Mallan or Allan? Controversial comment!
    Personally, I would like to see two central midfielders in and Hallberg and Newell out. We need better to thrive, it's a gamble worth taking and further puts Ross's mark on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Personally, I would like to see two central midfielders in and Hallberg and Newell out. We need better to thrive, it's a gamble worth taking and further puts Ross's mark on the team.
    Agree with this. We’re not necessarily short of numbers. It’s just that some of the current numbers aren’t offering enough.

Not a Hibs rumour but Bryson has left Aberdeen

We can confirm this evening that Craig Bryson has left the club.

Everyone involved with AFC wishes Craig all the very best in his future career.

#StandFree

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Not a Hibs rumour but Bryson has left Aberdeen

We can confirm this evening that Craig Bryson has left the club.

Everyone involved with AFC wishes Craig all the very best in his future career.

#StandFree
    Hope we stay well clear

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Tommy Block signed for Woking, good luck to the boy

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Hope we stay well clear

Agreed.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    Tommy Block signed for Woking, good luck to the boy

I wish him well, really thought he was going to do well at Hibs... What do I know? :)

No.

Newell looked great in a number of games last season. Not seeing the same player since lockdown.
    Mallan returning from injury, we shall see.
    Hallberg (not convinced yet)
    Allan is great but I feel he needs the confidence of a managers backing.
    Worried that Jack doesn’t see him as an integral part of the midfield.
    Clearly we need a dynamic player (Mibbe two) to make this a more effective midfield. Energy and a Sauzee type to control the tempo and take control. Easy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Like BHFC said I agree with that also and I think us as a hibs support tend to want to keep certain players who ain't good enough for us to move forward far too long. I will hold my hands up and thought Newell was a player and really wanted him to show that but he's just not going tae. Same with one or two others who are playing every week and another three or four who are on the fringes. I'm now at the point with hibs that apart from six players max I couldn't care less if we moved the lot on and brought in replacements

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Like BHFC said I agree with that also and I think us as a hibs support tend to want to keep certain players who ain't good enough for us to move forward far too long. I will hold my hands up and thought Newell was a player and really wanted him to show that but he's just not going tae. Same with one or two others who are playing every week and another three or four who are on the fringes. I'm now at the point with hibs that apart from six players max I couldn't care less if we moved the lot on and brought in replacements

1. Rangers 6 - 16
    2. Hibernian 6 - 13
    3. Celtic 4 - 10
    5. Ross County 6 - 8
    6. St Mirren 5 - 7

Coaching Staff

Since Ross came in I think we’ve still got more points than anyone out with the Old Firm. We’re second in the league, lost once and haven’t lost a goal from open play. We should only keep 6 of those players. Mental.

I’ll be glad when the games get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    1. Rangers 6 - 16
    2. Hibernian 6 - 13
    3. Celtic 4 - 10
    5. Ross County 6 - 8
    6. St Mirren 5 - 7
    Let's just wrap up the league now then and pretend we're a good side
    I'm also aware that we have taken the most points out of anyone apart from the old firm since Jack took over.
    The only problem I have with that is the the anyone bar the old firm part, the reason being is there's a baw hair between the rest of us on their day's and the standard is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Since Ross came in I think we’ve still got more points than anyone out with the Old Firm. We’re second in the league, lost once and haven’t lost a goal from open play. We should only keep 6 of those players. Mental.

We haven't lost a goal during open play has been more through luck than design. We have scored one goal in 4.5 hours and dropped five points in 3 home games. If we keep that up we will struggle
    I'm in nae way anti Jack Ross he's just in the job but the truth is we just don't look anywhere like a good side

Coaching Staff
    We haven't lost a goal during open play has been more through luck than design. We have scored one goal in 4.5 hours and dropped five points in 3 home games. If we keep that up we will struggle
    I'm in nae way anti Jack Ross he's just in the job but the truth is we just don't look anywhere like a good side

Ah yes, when we do something well it’s luck.

@hibs.net private member
    Josh Campbell on loan to Edinburgh City till January.

I'm going to agree with you for a change.

The fact that we're short of one or two midfielders doesn't mean that Marciano, Porteous, Boyle, Gogic, Nisbet aren't players who would grace most Hibs teams. McGinn, Hanlon, Doig, Allan, Mallan, Newell, Stevenson and several others are perfectly acceptable players who will do a very good job for us when called upon, many of whom will manage it every week as a starter.

An argument might be made for shipping out a midfielder to bring in someone with a different skill set to complement the rest of the players a bit better but that wouldn't be because any of the midfielders "aren't good enough", just that times are tight and we need to use our budget accordingly.

There is plenty of quality in the squad, a number of players who can be a joy to watch, and they've done well to get the points they have so far.

No real need for hyperbole.

But we do need a midfielder or two.

Coaching Staff
    I'm going to agree with you for a change.

The fact that we're short of one or two midfielders doesn't mean that Marciano, Porteous, Boyle, Gogic, Nisbet aren't players who would grace most Hibs teams. McGinn, Hanlon, Doig, Allan, Mallan, Newell, Stevenson and several others are perfectly acceptable players who will do a very good job for us when called upon, many of whom will manage it every week as a starter.

An argument might be made for shipping out a midfielder to bring in someone with a different skill set to complement the rest of the players a bit better but that wouldn't be because any of the midfielders "aren't good enough", just that times are tight and we need to use our budget accordingly.

There is plenty of quality in the squad, a number of players who can be a joy to watch, and they've done well to get the points they have so far.

No real need for hyperbole.

But we do need a midfielder or two.
    Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jws1875 View Post
    Josh Campbell on loan to Edinburgh City till January.
    Ahead of the curve sir!!!
    It'll never catch on.
    Where is it reported or are you Josh, father Josh etc?
    Thanks.

Ah yes, when we do something well it’s luck.
    What exactly is it we are doing well? Even the most green tinted amongst as all can see fine well we've been lucky to get the points we have this season
    I wish we were a side who look like they deserve to be top of the league and even if that did carry a wee bit of luck but we ain't

God forbid when we are really really bad.

Not losing a goal is a mixture of everything and that includes luck but I put it down to hard work and a team effort. I’ll see it as a big positive. You cannot take that away from the team and the back 5 as they were heavily criticised for losing goals easily.

It’s so easy to point out the negatives but your first sentence is FACT regardless of luck or not.

See it as a positive rather than a negative or looking for an excuse when ones not there. Whether you like it or not NO goals from open play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly is it we are doing well? Even the most green tinted amongst as all can see fine well we've been lucky to get the points we have this season
    I wish we were a side who look like they deserve to be top of the league and even if that did carry a wee bit of luck but we ain't

We are sitting second top, not conceded a goal from open play.... there’s a start.

I cannot work out if you are being serious or trolling. We’ve not played great yet we are second. I’ll take that. Room for plenty of improvement. Injuries to Nisbet and Gogics false positive haven’t helped.

Try not to dwell too much on the negatives and look forward to use getting better and kicking on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not been 100% convinced by Hibs this season but surely you can give the defence credit for the way they've played? Marciano has done well when called upon and has only been beaten by penalties and a cracking free kick. We carry a threat up front and at times look dangerous. Even when not playing well we've found a way to grind out results, which is a skill in itself that the best teams in the world have. And whilst we've not really outplayed anyone yet, neither have we been dominated ourselves. I thought we were comfortably beaten by an Aberdeen team who were coasting, but we weren't exactly horsed by them either.

The midfield needs to improve, but in doing so we don't need to chuck the baby out with the bathwater because this team has a lot in the positive column that we'd have been delighted to have in weaker teams of the past.

First Team Breakthrough
    I honestly thought we would've had someone in for the st Mirren game.