hibs.net Messageboard

Page 363 of 436 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah some superb journalism that eh.

Put out a tweet very late at night saying hibs are wanting him probably knowing fine well he’s on the verge of sealing a move to MK Dons.

Put out another tweet the next day advising we’ve been dealt a blow and that we’ve missed out on “another target”

Don’t give a **** what anyone says, Scott Burns has it in for us big time. Couldn’t have been made clearer earlier in the summer with the whole wage cuts article
    Absolutely right, nobody should be conned by this excuse of a journalist with an anti - Hibs agenda. Weapons grade plonker

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Ah some superb journalism that eh.

Put out a tweet very late at night saying hibs are wanting him probably knowing fine well he’s on the verge of sealing a move to MK Dons.

Put out another tweet the next day advising we’ve been dealt a blow and that we’ve missed out on “another target”

Don’t give a **** what anyone says, Scott Burns has it in for us big time. Couldn’t have been made clearer earlier in the summer with the whole wage cuts article
    Surprised he didn't report that we we're signing Rangers crock Murphy or something like that. Grade A clown of a reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Catastrophic. What nonsense.
    If he'd lost the Scottish Cup final? He'd have failed to make the playoff final twice, finished behind Falkirk, been knocked out by Falkirk and lost two cup finals. Pat Fenlon would have been hung drawn and quartered for that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I had hoped we would sign Fraser before he went to Burton. I've been following his fortunes down there and it hasn't surprised me he's done so well.

A very good attacking midfielder, who is excellent in dead ball situations. Fairly one sided but he would be a fantastic signing for Hibs.
    To me it looks like the hibs interest has been leaked in an effort to up the anti, probably by his agent.

It's quite common for a number of clubs to be looking at a player. When he signs for one of them, it doesn't suddenly mean all the other clubs are failures in the transfer market.

Hibs have already signed quite a few players this season, most of whom are now regular starters.

Some you win, some you lose.

If he signs for MK dons it’s only for about £2.5k a week. If we had wanted him we could have got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting silly now. Get the finger out hibs!!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    You act like any rumoured deal that doesn't end up happening is down to Hibs not getting "the finger out", or even not knowing what they're doing.

In fact all you seem to do is get uptight and moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Is it that hard to believe?

MK Dons make him an offer to be the main man in a title push.

Other offers may be for less money or for a bit part role as squad players.

Sometimes players justifiably turn down bigger clubs and bigger leagues to play in smaller ones, and we're probably going to end up hoping a player will fancy what we offer and turn down offers for more money or bigger clubs elsewhere.

Not saying that I believe this is what happened, just saying that I don't think the notion is crazy.

I'm also happy with the suggestion that there's a bit of mileage in the "Hibs struggling to get players in" narrative amongst certain members of the press, that we fans should be cautious about jumping on board with. Not saying there's an agenda but if they build that up, they might get a few more stories out of it over the coming weeks.
    The scenario you’ve outlined there in principle - absolutely happens, I agree.

In reality having played in that league the player knows there is no chance of MK Dons winning it or going close. He may have turned down another option but there’s no way he’s had his pick (as the report suggests) and chosen MK Dons.

@hibs.net private member
    😂😂😂😂

Bit of a plot twist from a MKD fan on titter.

Russell Martin said he doesn't want him 😂 don't know where this has come from 😂

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’s signed for MK Dons. Someone’s fed the journo poor information by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He’s signed for MK Dons. Someone’s fed the journo poor information by the looks of it.
    Has he signed MK Dons fans arguing if fhey are after him. Still a decent player

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Has he signed MK Dons fans arguing if fhey are after him. Still a decent player
    He has

https://twitter.com/mkdonsfc/status/...253487619?s=21

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Shows his ambition, that’s if we were ever really in for him at all

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Imagine if we were never in for this lad and it was just a bluff being played by Mathie etc.
    I'm imagining!! Now what??

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I hope Hibs did enquire about this player and another 5,10,15 per week as it’ll stop the media And certain managers of actually knowing which players we are genuinely interested in. Anything that actually helps us secure the players we want should be utilised.

Also here’s my 10p worth on Stubbs. Yes he never got us promoted in two attempts, however with the team he inherited I can forgive the first year. Second year with no promotion hurt.
    He got us to 2 cup finals in the same year and from what I’m led to believe he is the only manager in Scottish history to do this from the lower leagues. He is only the second manager from lower leagues to actually win the Scottish cup ( East Fife I believe are the other team ). He did manage to Pick players for positions we actually needed And for me I wonder if he would make a good scout for Hibs or a replacement ( if he ever wanted the job ) for Mathie when/if he moves on.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I hope Hibs did enquire about this player and another 5,10,15 per week as it’ll stop the media And certain managers of actually knowing which players we are genuinely interested in. Anything that actually helps us secure the players we want should be utilised.

Also here’s my 10p worth on Stubbs. Yes he never got us promoted in two attempts, however with the team he inherited I can forgive the first year. Second year with no promotion hurt.
    He got us to 2 cup finals in the same year and from what I’m led to believe he is the only manager in Scottish history to do this from the lower leagues. He is only the second manager from lower leagues to actually win the Scottish cup ( East Fife I believe are the other team ). He did manage to Pick players for positions we actually needed And for me I wonder if he would make a good scout for Hibs or a replacement ( if he ever wanted the job ) for Mathie when/if he moves on.

GGTTH
    Don't tell JammyDoidger though - his head would explode 3 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You act like any rumoured deal that doesn't end up happening is down to Hibs not getting "the finger out", or even not knowing what they're doing.

In fact all you seem to do is get uptight and moan.
    Not just this deal, couldn't care less about Scott Fraser, it's the time it's taking us to address a blatantly obvious issue!

Not just this deal, couldn't care less about Scott Fraser, it's the time it's taking us to address a blatantly obvious issue!
    Hopefully Jack Ross or Graeme Mathie will read one of your posts on here and see what's needed.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Ojo, McCrorie and now Fraser within the past year.

Annoying when we're the patsy for players going elsewhere.

I'm all for us sticking to our budget. But we always hear about us 'selling our vision' to players. When, let's be honest, about 90% of players out there just care about who's offering the biggest wage.

Just infuriating losing out on another target we were interested in.

Just hope the next one isn't a Vela type signing! I'd prefer we just stuck with what we have if it's signing someone for the sake of it.

Should you not be in school, getting silly is people moaning about not getting a player because some Jambo loving journalists posts some pi sh in his newspaper.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If he'd lost the Scottish Cup final? He'd have failed to make the playoff final twice, finished behind Falkirk, been knocked out by Falkirk and lost two cup finals. Pat Fenlon would have been hung drawn and quartered for that.
    It’s not always about what you acheive. If that were the case none of us would be Hibs supporters. Yes if you wanted to be pedantic you could class Hibs managers failures through lack of ‘acheivements’.

For me, I like the way Stubbs went about his business, I liked the teams he put together and I liked the way they tried to play. Then he went and won the cup, in style, and gave most of us one of the best days of our life. For that alone the man deserves to be cut a bit of slack and mean spirited revisionism parked and left to other team’s supporters forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Ojo, McCrorie and now Fraser within the past year.

Annoying when we're the patsy for players going elsewhere.

I'm all for us sticking to our budget. But we always hear about us 'selling our vision' to players. When, let's be honest, about 90% of players out there just care about who's offering the biggest wage.

Just infuriating losing out on another target we were interested in.

Just hope the next one isn't a Vela type signing! I'd prefer we just stuck with what we have if it's signing someone for the sake of it.
    Anyone know what the vision is?

Left by mutual consent!
    No point greeting over the boy staying down England.

Stubbsy is a legend. Built the club up from its knees, had us playing in some great times with great memories and we sold a couple of his signings for just under £5m. Give me that over the majority of managers we have had over the years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bring in young hungry talented players with a view to nurture them then sell on.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    You tell us?

Tommy Block signs for Woking

✍ | Welcome to Woking, @Blocky_04

👉 https://t.co/LyoeeQPv8d

#Block2021 #CardsReBoot #COYCards

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hopefully Jack Ross or Graeme Mathie will read one of your posts on here and see what's needed.
    This is the 5th window in a row we’ve gone into with the same midfield issues. I hope they do read his post tbh.