hibs.net Messageboard

Page 237 of 436 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,110 of 13062
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the only fact though, is it?

I've not written him off. I really just don't think he's a good player and we could do better. If he signs he would get my fullest support, like everyone else.
    You’ve posted about 12 times in the last two pages that he’s not good enough. If that’s not writing him off I’m not sure what is.

JR and the coaching staff will have seen him throughout pre season to be able to make a qualified decision. Good enough for me, considering if he does come in it will be on a low wage and as back up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    You’ve posted about 12 times in the last two pages that he’s not good enough. If that’s not writing him off I’m not sure what is.

JR and the coaching staff will have seen him throughout pre season to be able to make a qualified decision. Good enough for me, considering if he does come in it will be on a low wage and as back up.
    Thinking someone isn't good enough isn't writing them off imo. I don't think certain members of the current squad are good enough but I very much hope they can show I'm wrong and with the right role and manager they definitely could do that.

Stephen Mcginn could do that too. Doesn't mean I should be tugging one off at the potential of signing him. I've never seen much from him to suggest he could contribute much for us.
    Never really understood the signing as a back up thing. Should be looking at guys who are coming to take a spot, not fill one.

Maybe that is true, difference way of looking at it. Wouldn't he have impressed st mirren on and off the park enough to win a deal, though? Is a 31 year old coming off the back of a rough season of injuries a risk we should be taking right now? Gogic was signed after about 2 weeks of training with us, why would Mcginn still not be signed after 2 months?

I think these are questions worth asking. I wonder what the reaction to this would be if his brother's weren't such good players or we hadn't won 3 games running. Seriously, on paper, in my opinion, this would be a poor move.
    I agree that they’re questions worth asking.

St Mirren will have their own unique situation to deal with - maybe he wasn’t what they needed at that time and they felt they could use that wage better strengthening elsewhere? Sometimes players can be surplus to requirements at a smaller club but needed at a bigger one, just because of differing circumstances.

Re the time training with the squad - maybe Ross shared your/ our concerns and wanted to watch him for longer to make sure it wasn’t just a flukey couple of impressive weeks at the start ie he had more to do to win Ross over - just because of the very reasons you have highlighted.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    The things that are facts I present as facts. It's not my opinion that st mirren released him.

I suppose you could say, in the opinion of the St. Mirren manager, he was surplus to requirements so they released him - that's a fact.

If Hibs sign him, then in the opinion of Jack Ross, he can do a job for Hibs - that's a fact

So at the end of the day, it's all about opinions (and facts).

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Thinking someone isn't good enough isn't writing them off imo. I don't think certain members of the current squad are good enough but I very much hope they can show I'm wrong and with the right role and manager they definitely could do that.

Stephen Mcginn could do that too. Doesn't mean I should be tugging one off at the potential of signing him. I've never seen much from him to suggest he could contribute much for us.
    Never really understood the signing as a back up thing. Should be looking at guys who are coming to take a spot, not fill one.
    Absolutely no one is at danger of tugging one off over his signing. Infact the only one on their high horse about it is yourself and he’s not even signed yet. Jeez

People are discussing the merits of a potential signing. Only one person has taken it off topic with personal comments and it isn't me. There is no arguing going on.

I dunno, I think paying someone off 6 months after signing is a pretty good sign it was a failure. I actually liked stokes in his 3rd spell. Was a period where he was the only one creating and scoring for us but it really didn't work out.

Yeah, seems he had 2 long spells out with knee injuries. Don't really see that as better than not getting picked right enough. I struggle to see why St mirren would have released him if he had something to offer.
    His contract ran it's course, not quite released, possibly due to his injuries last season. Also they have a new manager who has his own views on what players he'll want.

So who have we lost so far. You need to correct me if I have missed anyone

Bogdan (loan)
    Naismith (loan)
    Jackson (fee received)
    Slivka
    Docherty (loan)
    Whittaker
    Omeonga (loan)
    McNulty (loan)
    Kamberi (fee received)

We have signed

Nisbet (fee paid)
    Wright
    Gogic

We will probably be getting rid of James

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree that they’re questions worth asking.

St Mirren will have their own unique situation to deal with - maybe he wasn’t what they needed at that time and they felt they could use that wage better strengthening elsewhere? Sometimes players can be surplus to requirements at a smaller club but needed at a bigger one, just because of differing circumstances.

Re the time training with the squad - maybe Ross shared your/ our concerns and wanted to watch him for longer to make sure it wasn’t just a flukey couple of impressive weeks at the start ie he had more to do to win Ross over - just because of the very reasons you have highlighted.
    You could certainly be right about that. Still concerns me that I don't think he is a particular good player and no one else seems to have any interest in him despite him being free for months now. It's not as if he was really tearing it up for st mirren in this league at any point. 3 years ago he couldn't get a game for Wycombe and had to drop to then bottom of the championship st mirren.

That all being said, I think this year's Scottish premier League is as poor as it has ever been. He may be able to offer something but I doubt he'd get much game time if any. Hallberg, Mallan, Gogic, Allan and Newall will all be well ahead of him

You could certainly be right about that. Still concerns me that I don't think he is a particular good player and no one else seems to have any interest in him despite him being free for months now. It's not as if he was really tearing it up for st mirren in this league at any point. 3 years ago he couldn't get a game for Wycombe and had to drop to then bottom of the championship st mirren.

That all being said, I think this year's Scottish premier League is as poor as it has ever been. He may be able to offer something but I doubt he'd get much game time if any. Hallberg, Mallan, Gogic, Allan and Newall will all be well ahead of him

give the laddie a break, If he signs he will be squad player need these to fill in for injuries and suspensions, Hibs cant afford the dosh on wages for expensive players to sit on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    give the laddie a break, If he signs he will be squad player need these to fill in for injuries and suspensions, Hibs cant afford the dosh on wages for expensive players to sit on the bench
    I doubt he is reading the forum mate. If you are Stephen I'm sorry.

Hibs had 4/5 guys on the bench tonight who will be expensive.

The young guys should be options of we have 4/5 players out injured, not a 31 year old.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully we sign someone not even mentioned yet, I prefer ones like that! Just unexpected/out the blue.

I doubt he is reading the forum mate. If you are Stephen I'm sorry.

Hibs had 4/5 guys on the bench tonight who will be expensive.

The young guys should be options of we have 4/5 players out injured, not a 31 year old.
    some of them will go, better with a mix of youth and experience .

regards J Mcginn

Hibs twitter 30 mins or so ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    **** sake, what a waste of time

That seems pretty clear then! Still strange that he was at the game, but I suppose he's part of the biosecure group, so maybe he just wanted to take a game in and support the guys.

We are light in midfield. Too many of the players we have there can’t tackle at all. Hopefully we get McCrorie. Having him and Gogic in midfield will help us to start dominating in there a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if we will get another body in before the Motherwell game

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We are light in midfield. Too many of the players we have there can’t tackle at all. Hopefully we get McCrorie. Having him and Gogic in midfield will help us to start dominating in there a bit more.

Naturally I'd rather get a permanent signing in who can actually play against every team but if it's mccrorie so be it.

I still don't think it's another kicker we need. It's someone who can keep the ball and move it around.

Naturally I'd rather get a permanent signing in who can actually play against every team but if it's mccrorie so be it.

I still don't think it's another kicker we need. It's someone who can keep the ball and move it around.
    It’s not about kicking people, it’s about making sure other teams can’t waltz through our midfield like they did last season without us putting some sort of contact on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s not about kicking people, it’s about making sure other teams can’t waltz through our midfield like they did last season without us putting some sort of contact on them.

Oh, I definitely agree. The issue I have is you can't really play 2 guys like that. One gogic and another, more dynamic player like Mcgeouch or Fyvie who can not only tackle but move it around, keep it etc.

Keeping the ball better would reduce the pressure on the back 4 much more than another defensive midfielder.

Mcrorie, Docherty, Omeonga and a forward and we're good to go 😁😁
    McCorie, Omeonga, Docherty and Jordan Jones and I agree 1000%
    Last edited by badabing67; 12-08-2020 at 02:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Still doesn’t make sense to me.

Why would he be with the match day squad in full Hibs training gear if it was just a case of him training with us?

If anything it would hamper his chances of getting a deal else where if it looks like he’s going to be signing for us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Why would he be with the match day squad in full Hibs training gear if it was just a case of him training with us?

If anything it would hamper his chances of getting a deal else where if it looks like he’s going to be signing for us.
    Maybe he fancies getting a bid from Hearts.

Mind when Garry O'Connor was training in full celtic gear whilst training with them to get his fitness up?

@hibs.net private member

I think only us fans are analysing this in any detail....I
    expect clubs would be chatting to his agent about availability rather than drawing conclusions based on what tracksuit he is wearing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Mind when Garry O'Connor was training in full celtic gear whilst training with them to get his fitness up?
    Nope.

Was he with the other players in the match day squad then as well?

If you throw in the fact it’s meant to be a closed doors environment with only essential attendees only it just doesn’t make sense to me.

May have answered my own question there, if he wasn’t in the Hibs training kit with the other players maybe wouldn’t have got access to the ground?

Promising Youngster
    If the McCrorie rumours are true then I think it would make a great signing. He provides defensive midfield cover / options but can also play centre back which would give us the 4th centre half after Jackson leaving.

@hibs.net private member
    Who said it about Paul? He was first choice for a premier League side. Stephen is a free agent who couldn't get a game. Large difference.

Yogi knew Paddy Cregg and Daryl Duffy. Lennon knew Stokes, Calderwood knew Junior Agogo. I'll be honest, it's not enough for me.
    Stephen was the St Mirren captain and only never played when injured. Sure he played south of border for a while and remember him nullifying SJM at ER a couple of seasons ago. Will be a good signing as cover if it happens

I’ve got a feeling we will go for McCrorie as he can play CM and CB.

Annoying Omeonga/ Docherty aren’t coming back as I think they would thrive with Gogic sitting in front.

We really aren’t far from being a decent team and a couple decent signings and a smaller tighter squad could see us finish top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I’ve got a feeling we will go for McCrorie as he can play CM and CB.

Annoying Omeonga/ Docherty aren’t coming back as I think they would thrive with Gogic sitting in front.

We really aren’t far from being a decent team and a couple decent signings and a smaller tighter squad could see us finish top 2.
    I've updated that for you 😁, but no in all seriousness I agree. Bare in mind we've now lost 9 players and only brought in 3. Hopefully if we can get another 2/3 in, then we'll be laughing