hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 436 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Are we not on the record as saying that we won’t sign anyone whilst the players are on reduced wages?

2. Log in to remove the advert

We need;

RB - Naismith?
    CB - ?
    LB - ?
    DM - ?
    MC - Docherty?
    AML/R - Boyle back up?
    ST - McNulty not good enough

Minimum. Have to bare in mind also that the ageing players will be even older. You could argue a whole new back 4 is required. Yet another summer with a huge rebuild.

We could probably do with McGregor and Gray moving to their non playing roles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

İlkay Durmuş From St Mirren?

Players in Scotlands top league plusn Hearts that are out of contract this summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scot...wettbewerb/SC1

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder if we will go back in for Nisbet and that boy from Hamilton who will now be available for nothing? Don't think Nisbet will cost anything like the 400k that we were rumoured to be paying in Jan.
    Alex Gojic?

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    Alex Gojic?
    Don't think we have been linked with him. I have been very impressed every time i have seen him play in the midfield. Notice he's also out of contract this summer.

Alex Gojic?
    He’s a decent player.

Alex Gojic?
    Yes. Good player with scope to improve and ability to be effective in defence and midfield. Good age, stature, physical presence and temperament. Lack of any real pace but would be an excellent addition to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

There is room for manoeuvre though with loan players going back.

These 7 should free up a significant amount of available wage , and it is going to be a market for clubs who have money or are prudently run like ourselves to take advantage of. However , the club has stated that no new players will be signed whilst there is the policy of reduced wages.
    Has there been an indication of when the transfer window will last to ? I appreciate that we dont know when football will start again in this country , but IMO , a number of clubs will be cutting their cloth accordingly and runnning leaner , cheaper squads next season and although its a difficult balancing act to acheive , getting some of these free agents being mentioned would be a significant boost to the squad and help Hibs have an excellent start to the new season , whenever that will be. Getting a jump start in the league while other clubs are building squads , should in theory be a huge boost for the club

First Team Breakthrough
    I am not sure we will sign anyone unless previously agreed, i think it could be one of the strangest seasons in my lifetime with other clubs utilizing youngsters to make a squad. Potential reduced salaries still until its possible to get fans back through the doors, I can’t see us spending 400k on any player even if it was Messi. Sorry to be doom and gloom on a thread that normally starts out fun till around mid July and goes crazy.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    Alex Gojic?
    Gogic I feel would be a a class signing. One that would fly under the radar and he’s free

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Jonathan Obika anyone?!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Jonathan Obika anyone?!
    Not sure we will sign anyone apart from possibly Docherty and/or Omeonga if some sort of deal has been pre arranged. Kamberi as a makeweight for the Doc may help facilitate that. Mind you giving players 2/ 3 year deals in the current context are extremely risky. Think we will be wondering what academy players can step up. The LB/ LCB on loan at Queens Park last season did well apparently, maybe we will go with hiM and a couple of others. If we do sign anyone a DCM is priority 1, followed by by a striker. I’d take McNulty but doubt he would accept significantly reduced terms. Mind you Reading will want rid so you never know

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I see Ross County have made their Sporting Director, Scott Boyd redundant.
    Shows you football is tightening its belt.

This might be the season Scottish football (bar the old firm) might have to use their youth academies more. We've had few young players out on loan who seem to have made positive contributions so maybe now's the time for them to get a chance.

Financial reality probably means we will have a smaller tighter squad. If they are not already here, in one form or another, then I cannot see many if any coming in unless someone leaves for big bucks...which no-one has.

Our main priority should be trying to get Martin Boyle to extend his contract.

I donīt think there will be many signings this year, we donīt even know when the season will start, especially if theres the slightest chance of the virus appearing again in the winter months, keep the money in the pocket, all clubs should be told to use atleast 5 youngsters in their 1st team and the SPFL should come out now and say there will be no relegation or promotion next year

Quote Originally Posted by michael_wilson1 View Post
    A good shout! I thought he looked really lively the few times I saw him play. Although wiki says he signed a 2 year deal in summer of 2019, so contracted until 2021.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I donīt think there will be many signings this year, we donīt even know when the season will start, especially if theres the slightest chance of the virus appearing again in the winter months, keep the money in the pocket, all clubs should be told to use atleast 5 youngsters in their 1st team and the SPFL should come out now and say there will be no relegation or promotion next year
    I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Wonder if we will go back in for Nisbet and that boy from Hamilton who will now be available for nothing? Don't think Nisbet will cost anything like the 400k that we were rumoured to be paying in Jan.
    Hopefully the boy Gogic first

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Agree with this, need to be conservative at least until we know things are back to normal (or as near as they are going to be)

Probably a great chance to go for it and challenge for 3rd, however in the uncertain financial outlook, I agree with others. We should focus on blooding in youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Exactly what we need IMO.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_wilson1 View Post
    Alex Gojic?
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Jonathan Obika anyone?!
    I'd much rather we played our youngsters than brought in players like this. None of them take us from what we have right now, to a better level of playing side. They're squad fillers, at best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    It was Mickel Miller we were after not Gocic but both are interesting if raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Our main priority should be trying to get Martin Boyle to extend his contract.
    Get the feeling that if it was going to happen then it wouldve by now. Hes at an age where if hes going to get a "big" move then this is probably the time. Hes in the peak years of his career. I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave in this window

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Probably a great chance to go for it and challenge for 3rd, however in the uncertain financial outlook, I agree with others. We should focus on blooding in youngsters
    With the 4th biggest budget in the league we bloody better be challenging for third?

There will be a lot of players available in the coming months. Think we will see a fair amount leaving Hibs too.