hibs.net Messageboard

Page 131 of 436 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s pleasing about today is that we appear to be no longer shopping in the massively over priced English market. It’s the most expensive place in the world for footballers and we need to get smarter about where we shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's not like there aren't good players to be found there but the market we were shopping there is arguably the most overpriced one in the world. You can pay top whack for very average indeed.

These players come with a bit of a track record and have earned the chance to see if they can kick on at a bigger club at either the same or a higher level.

That's different to getting players who think they can come up from the English third division and piss it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    Any news on our match against St Mirren being available online?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Live on IPTV 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s a closed doors friendly, subs on and off I presume, so unlikely even any highlights
    Not normally subs on and off in our pre season games and this is just a pre season game at the end of the day. Maybe a team in each half is more likely. Hopefully get some highlights as we normally would.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yeah, it's not like there aren't good players to be found there but the market we were shopping there is arguably the most overpriced one in the world. You can pay top whack for very average indeed.

These players come with a bit of a track record and have earned the chance to see if they can kick on at a bigger club at either the same or a higher level.

That's different to getting players who think they can come up from the English third division and piss it.
    I think that is more of a fan forum perception than anything that comes from a player. Professional footballers are by and large, pretty honest about their ambition and ability in my opinion. No one even pisses it in the English fifth division.

@hibs.net private member
    @official_T40

Update: Story broken by me about Florian Kamberi being present at Rangers training centre was inaccurate.

I have spoken to Rangers who have confirmed this news.

Have always said that I would apologise if I ever get anything wrong, & this was one of such times. Sorry about this.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    @official_T40

Update: Story broken by me about Florian Kamberi being present at Rangers training centre was inaccurate.

I have spoken to Rangers who have confirmed this news.

Have always said that I would apologise if I ever get anything wrong, & this was one of such times. Sorry about this.
    He’s on his knees.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Live on IPTV 👍
    Which feed/channel/etc???

So what are we thinking for the remainder of the window? 3 very good signings already done but still room for improvement.

Out
    Kamberi
    James
    Hallberg? Someone mentioned him and hasn’t featured under Ross much. Would be a mistake imo.
    Innes Murray
    Ben Stirling

In
    Docherty
    Goalkeeper or will Dabrowski be back up?
    Left back or will Stevenson, Mackie and Doig battle it out?

Imo whoever comes in must be a starter and no back up.

Imo it’s great to see the players Ross is going after as they know the league well and will solve problem areas of our team. Very impressed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Is it not a youth team picture? If he was a Hibs fan I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the press release. Clubs never miss a chance to add in "boyhood heroes" or such.
    https://twitter.com/kevinnisbet16/st...33760870531072

It may be a youth team pic but he says good things come to those that wait.
    Last edited by J-C; 10-07-2020 at 09:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    So what are we thinking for the remainder of the window? 3 very good signings already done but still room for improvement.

Out
    Kamberi
    James
    Hallberg? Someone mentioned him and hasn’t featured under Ross much. Would be a mistake imo.
    Innes Murray
    Ben Stirling

In
    Docherty

Imo it’s great to see the players Ross is going after as they know the league well and will solve problem areas of our team. Very impressed so far.

I’m one of Rockys biggest fans, but in his time at hibs, I think he’s always been at his best when he has had a good number 2 breathing down his neck. There has been a couple of spells where he’s not had much competition and I think he gets a big complacent as a result. It will have been discussed on other threads, but is Dabrowski good enough to put pressure on him?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I think that is more of a fan forum perception than anything that comes from a player. Professional footballers are by and large, pretty honest about their ambition and ability in my opinion. No one even pisses it in the English fifth division.
    That reminds me of the story i heard about Ally McLoud. When he heard George Best was getting 2k a game he went to see Tom Hart and asked why he wasnt getting the same.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not normally subs on and off in our pre season games and this is just a pre season game at the end of the day. Maybe a team in each half is more likely. Hopefully get some highlights as we normally would.
    Its a bounce game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Its a bounce game.
    Aye, a non competitive match between two teams to prepare for the league. We have them every year. Normally with a camera there. Usually with crowd. Only difference is the crowd. Or lack of.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 10-07-2020 at 10:31 PM.

This is rubbish, any rumours? 😁

Ron the con needs to get his finger out and sign some players. 8 mins in to Saturday and no announcement yet. Hearts fans were right after all

Skint, but today gave me the drive to say **** it, it’ll be fine, and renew my season ticket. Yass Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Skint, but today gave me the drive to say **** it, it’ll be fine, and renew my season ticket. Yass Hibs
    well done mate, let's hope we kick on from here. Sort that defence out and a new contract for boyler next

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    He’s on his knees.
    Up to his knees............ ? 😉

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gla.../18574386.amp/

Having wasted millions on duds over recent years it seems the jumbos have resorted to chasing Hibs' signing targets.

Even with Benny Factor chucking in his cash, it looks like the lads joining us today have their heads screwed on. Signing for a bigger club playing in the top league is a no brainer.

As much as we are trying to bring players in, it’s not lost on the players that are there and as much as Boyle is seen as an inevitable player who will be sold, don’t be so sure we arnt trying to extend his deal.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    As much as we are trying to bring players in, it’s not lost on the players that are there and as much as Boyle is seen as an inevitable player who will be sold, don’t be so sure we arnt trying to extend his deal.
    That's a double daffy surely

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Out
    Kamberi
    James
    Innes Murray
    Ben Stirling

In
    Docherty

I agree with you regarding Hallberg, when he first signed for us he had played at all levels for the Swedish national side except full. I suspected or at least hoped he would make a full Swedish international playing for us. I think Ross will or at least should give him a chance. If it came to it now I would rather keep Hallberg than Horgan but hope to keep both they can both play apart. Jack is starting to put his mark on the squad now.

Left by mutual consent!
    On the back of these exciting signings, I've ended my season long hiatus and bought a season ticket for the upcoming fixtures. Can't wait.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    I agree with you regarding Hallberg, when he first signed for us he had played at all levels for the Swedish national side except full. I suspected or at least hoped he would make a full Swedish international playing for us. I think Ross will or at least should give him a chance. If it came to it now I would rather keep Hallberg than Horgan but hope to keep both they can both play apart. Jack is starting to put his mark on the squad now.

He has 3 full Swedish caps and 1 goal.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Over 12 hours since a hibs signing

FFS hibs, sort it out

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    I’m one of Rockys biggest fans, but in his time at hibs, I think he’s always been at his best when he has had a good number 2 breathing down his neck. There has been a couple of spells where he’s not had much competition and I think he gets a big complacent as a result. It will have been discussed on other threads, but is Dabrowski good enough to put pressure on him?
    That’s how I see it with Rocky as well, I don’t think we need much now in signings but I do think we need a good back up keeper to keep rocky on his toes, was always impressed with Danny Rodgers (ex-dons) when he was on loan at Falkirk and see he’s still without a club,only 26 still as well.

A keeper and Docherty for me and we’d be fine, gives the opportunity for some of the young guys over the course of the season to get game time and gives us a strong first eleven and bench

I have a funny feeling we will see Stephen O'Donnell in a hibs shirt this season.

Hearts looking to sign Sam Nicholson. Is that a propeller of a small plane I hear?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I have a funny feeling we will see Stephen O'Donnell in a hibs shirt this season.
    Surely not? Last I heard he had a couple of decent English Championship sides after him.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Interesting

What makes you think so?