hibs.net Messageboard

Page 130 of 436 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 13062
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Docherty surely cannot be true, how many centre mids do we need...

2. Log in to remove the advert

What do we all do tomorrow now 😐

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Airdrie sign Thomas Robert, son of ex Newcastle player Laurent from Montpellier.

He’s apparently knocked back a 4 year deal at Montpellier and offers from the Bundesliga.. wtf?
    Somebody told him they do a lovely wine in Airdrie.

I get that there have been decent savings on the wages of the players who have left and these three signings will command lower salaries than their predecessors. But where are Hibs getting the money for the current squad wages and for a transfer fee?

Are we announcing players in , because we have confirmed the sale or release of players such as Marciano , Boyle and James
    Last edited by Duke of Currie; 10-07-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    How many did we have last season? We have lost Omeonga, Slivka and Docherty with Whittaker filling in there sometimes. I get what you mean though we have to me careful

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Not saying that there is no truth in this but docherty played for rangers against hamilton today.

I really hope Hibs can get him though. Gogic, docherty and allan could be the new mcgeouch, mcginn and allan.
    Really hope Boyler is looking at this ambition and thinking about staying. I really don't think it's in our interest to sell him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Except our 3 new signings are currently cup tied as confirmed by wright in his interview
    Cup tie rule surely won't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Currie View Post
    I get that there have been decent savings on the wages of the players who have left and these three signings will command lower salaries than their predecessors. But where are Hibs getting the money for the current squad wages and for a transfer fee?
    As you say the 3 new signings will most likely be on those who left. We have lost

Bogdan
    Whittaker
    Omeonga
    Slivka
    McNulty

I'm confident at least James and Kamberi will also move on maybe more

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Docherty is certainly one we are wanting but it’s far from close at this stage ,wouldn’t surprise me to see Hallberg move on if we can get that deal done.

No signs Boyle will leave at this stage Hibs certainly don’t want him to go.

Nothing really else other than what is out there in terms of Kamberi and Tom James.

What a day...gives me much more hope for the season ahead...Good solid signings in wright and gogic and Nisbet is really exciting. Great day to be a supporter of Edinburghs only Premiership side

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    As you say the 3 new signings will most likely be on those who left. We have lost

Bogdan
    Whittaker
    Omeonga
    Slivka
    McNulty

I'm confident at least James and Kamberi will also move on maybe more
    Sorry , was referring to these players being on far less . Was really referring to the lack of finances in general and being able to bring in 3 new players with potentially more. If the clubs finances are going to be down 50% we will have had to have had a very understanding arrangement with the squad or slashed costs/headcount

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Docherty is certainly one we are wanting but it’s far from close at this stage ,wouldn’t surprise me to see Hallberg move on if we can get that deal done.

Nothing really else other than what is out there in terms of Kamberi and Tom James.
    I think Boyle will go if we get a good bid. If we do, Flo and Boyle will be the capital to get Docherty, another wide man/striker, left back and keeper for cover.

If we do, the squad has far better balance.

The three signings today, especially Gogic, are excellent. Can't wait to see what Nisbet brings to the table. Watched him versus Dundee closely and the lad has everything.

Quote Originally Posted by machibby View Post
    Hearts fans missing the obvious, saying they would need to be signing better players than Nisbet and Wright if they’re looking to be a top four side. Would have thought they’d have a bit more ambition in the Championship
    Nisbet would of been a good signing for them, signs for us he is overweight.....

Gogic would of been a good signing for them, signs for us he is error prone....

Got to love hearts fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Nisbet would of been a good signing for them, signs for us he is overweight.....

Got to love hearts fans.
    No no no mate you have it all wrong, they now are saying they have a much better squad player to player than us.......they won 4(four) effing games last season.......they are so deluded its actually funny.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Got to love hearts fans.
    In fairness, they are our rivals, they’re not going to be singing the praises of our signings.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    So did hearts try to sign Gogic last minute too?

Or were they never actually interested and he’s a poor level championship player?

Just wanting to preempt the bitterness

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Good feeling about these signings. Same as when Omeonga came home and added bite to the middle.

I'm hoping Jack Ross is as good as he seems as a "player manager". As the squad stands now with these signings and with less chance of the "developers" getting the game time they need to progress his work might be cut out keeping everyone happy.

Maybe more loaning out with the likes of Doig, Gullan and Mackie?

Not being negative, simply thinking.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Good feeling about these signings. Same as when Omeonga came home and added bite to the middle.

I'm hoping Jack Ross is as good as he seems as a "player manager". As the squad stands now with these signings and with less chance of the "developers" getting the game time they need to progress his work might be cut out keeping everyone happy.

Maybe more loaning out with the likes of Doig, Gullan and Mackie?

Not being negative, simply thinking.

Don’t think we need to be loaning anyone out just now, the wee teams won’t be training for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Currie View Post
    Sorry , was referring to these players being on far less . Was really referring to the lack of finances in general and being able to bring in 3 new players with potentially more. If the clubs finances are going to be down 50% we will have had to have had a very understanding arrangement with the squad or slashed costs/headcount
    Yes.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    That Diksak transfer thread is a winner of a thread full of the posts of losers.

A genuine hoot.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    What do we all do tomorrow now 😐
    Explode when Docherty and Boyle’s 3 year extension is announced:)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    He's not a Hibs fan, he's a weegie Celtic fan. Looking at his twitter account it would appear he has a bit of a soft spot for Hibs but that's mainly linked to old posts mentioning Scott Martin (now at Hamilton) who is one of his good mates. Not that it matters who players support, as long as it's no sevco
    Going by his post on twitter it looks awfy like he's a Hibby.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    In fairness, they are our rivals, they’re not going to be singing the praises of our signings.
    Aberdeen are more like our rivals

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

Any word on Hibs offering Boyle a new contract? I'm pretty much resigned to the fact he'll be leaving this window. But we can dream!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Aberdeen are more like our rivals
    Good point

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Any news on our match against St Mirren being available online?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What’s pleasing about today is that we appear to be no longer shopping in the massively over priced English market. It’s the most expensive place in the world for footballers and we need to get smarter about where we shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think Boyle will go if we get a good bid. If we do, Flo and Boyle will be the capital to get Docherty, another wide man/striker, left back and keeper for cover.

If we do, the squad has far better balance.

The three signings today, especially Gogic, are excellent. Can't wait to see what Nisbet brings to the table. Watched him versus Dundee closely and the lad has everything.
    Good enough account for me. If a couple of the younger Dev / Reserve boys are as hungry as I think they are, then there are surely opportunities to settle the first team numbers. Martin Boyle would be a big loss to the club all round as he has a history, profile and character that endears him to most of us and is a real hero to the youth. Flo can come or go but it’s probably all about him going. I wouldn’t want to see many other departures though or we could be back where we started in terms of a squad.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    Any news on our match against St Mirren being available online?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    It’s a closed doors friendly, subs on and off I presume, so unlikely even any highlights

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Going by his post on twitter it looks awfy like he's a Hibby.
    Is it not a youth team picture? If he was a Hibs fan I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the press release. Clubs never miss a chance to add in "boyhood heroes" or such.