hibs.net Messageboard

Page 107 of 436 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flo for Docherty loan being discussed again.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...sition-2907531
    Yes please. Although both on permanent deals would be even better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Im certain we will sign Nisbet this window,
    I’d be happy with that but I’m not as certain as you. We’d surely need to sell someone first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Permanent deal is best for Hibs given Kamberi is likely to spend his loan on the Rangers bench thus diminishing his value whereas Docherty would be playing and impressing thus enhancing his value. According to transfer market website both players have 2 years remaining on their contracts. I thought Kamberi only had a year left but could be wrong.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 08-07-2020 at 12:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    My Pars supporting mate has just text to say he has heardthere has been a deal done for Nisbet and they have signed Declan McManus ashis replacement. Not sure with who though
    Well here’s hoping it’s the hibbys!
    That would be a huge boost!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    We have freed up a hell of a lot of wages. There is no excuse for some action.
    It is still strange no announcement on current players deal being accepted . You can only think this is the reason for no signing action.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Our income this season will drop significantly and our spend will be affected accordingly. Cost saving will be the order of the day and we should expect some of the younger players to take more part in the first team.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Permanent deal is best for Hibs given Kamberi is likely to spend his loan on the Rangers bench thus diminishing his value whereas Docherty would be playing and impressing thus enhancing his value. According to transfer market website both players have 2 years remaining on their contracts. I thought Kamberi only had a year left but could be wrong.
    Kamberi has 1 year doch has two

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

My only slight worry about this is if it does go ahead is Rangers could essentially sign Kamberi for free at the end of the season and still have Docherty on another year of his contract and we’d be left with neither player. Id rather we could sell Kamberi and get Docherty on loan but we’ll need to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope Hibs knock back the offer of player exchange as a loan.

Kamberi goes to Rangers for a year, after which he will be out of contract and they or another club will get him for free.

Docherty comes here for a year, after which he will still have a year left on his contract. I imagine he will perform well and have other interested parties meaning Rangers can sell him for money.

Permanent transfers or nothing.

I’d be happy with that but I’m not as certain as you. We’d surely need to sell someone first.
    I thiught we'd sell Kamberi and sign Nisbet with the money we received, plus Nisbet I think would cost less on wages. This would put a spanner in that theory 😅

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    An initial loan might suit Hibs and Docherty as he’d have no wage cut if still on Rangers books. Why not just make the loan for 2 years if both have 2 years left?

Left by mutual consent!
    Kamberi and Docherty are probably at a similar value. A straight swap would work for all parties if both are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    An initial loan might suit Hibs and Docherty as he’d have no wage cut if still on Rangers books. Why not just make the loan for 2 years if both have 2 years left?
    Kamberi only has one year left so it gives Ranger a slight advantage from that perspective.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Hope Hibs knock back the offer of player exchange as a loan.

Kamberi goes to Rangers for a year, after which he will be out of contract and they or another club will get him for free.

Docherty comes here for a year, after which he will still have a year left on his contract. I imagine he will perform well and have other interested parties meaning Rangers can sell him for money.

Permanent transfers or nothing.
    Depends. If we were only going to get something like 100k for Kamberi anyway would Doherty be worth that for us for a year? Never mind the contract situation at the end of the year, we get a player playing for us for a year as well who made a good impact last year and should get better.

The longer a player is here the more chance he might see a long term future here too.
    Last edited by Andy74; 08-07-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Dochertys wages are to high for hibs to offer a permanent deal. Prob on 6/7k a week at rangers and still has 2 years left on his deal

Rangers would have to settle his contract 1st

Promising Youngster
    Straight permanent swap is the only deal worth entertaining. Anything else favours Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Dochertys wages are to high for hibs to offer a permanent deal. Prob on 6/7k a week at rangers and still has 2 years left on his deal
    He's on less than Kamberi apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    I’m sure the chat when they first signed was that Kamberi was on more at Hibs than Docherty was on at Rangers.

Bare in mind Docherty was a young player from Hamilton, I’d be surprised if he was on 7k a week.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yep like others are saying permanent swap only.

No point loaning him now when he’s available for free at the end of the season & GD will still have a year left on his deal.

We’d be left with neither at the end when we could’ve made ourself some much needed cash for FK

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Depends. If we were only going to get something like 100k for Kamberi anyway would Doherty be worth that for us for a year? Never mind the contract situation at the end of the year, we get a player playing for us for a year as well who made a good impact last year and should get better.

The longer a player is here the more chance he might see a long term future here to.
    But the 100-200k we get from Kamberi could be key in us getting Nisbet. Gerrard clearly doesn’t want Docherty, he tries to punt him out on loan at every opportunity.

He might see his long term future here but then after this loan he might think 1.5 years at hibs is enough, I want another crack at England and go for more money.

A lot to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’m sure the chat when they first signed was that Kamberi was on more at Hibs than Docherty was on at Rangers.

Bare in mind Docherty was a young player from Hamilton, I’d be surprised if he was on 7k a week.
    There was a article last season about Sunderland being put off by Docherty a wages. Certainly not in the know would would imagine Sunderland having a high wage structure than us

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Kamberi + docherty loan +£100kmin with sell on clause

In any dealings with Rangers as well as Docherty coming to us I would be making the McCrorie bothers to us on loan being part of the deal for Kamberi. Won't happen but rate both of them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Please just make it a permanent swap both ways.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Timing couldn't be better. Closed doors games, gets a few goals, fans all back on board.
    Nah, lots of fans made their minds up on him, I'm one of them.

Happy enough for him to bide his time whilst we sort something out, but he has to leave on a permanent deal in this window IMO.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    My only slight worry about this is if it does go ahead is Rangers could essentially sign Kamberi for free at the end of the season and still have Docherty on another year of his contract and we’d be left with neither player. Id rather we could sell Kamberi and get Docherty on loan but we’ll need to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can sign him for free in January, only requires a player to be in last 6 months of contract.

Not sure where everyone is getting there valuation for Flo at around the 150k mark, he has to have a market value around the same as Boyler imo. I agree they're different types of player. However they are both established 1st team players who have both gained international recognition while representing our club. We had a £250k + £150k add on's bid in January rejected for Kevin Nisbet. I'm sure we went back with an improved offer before the deadline but I can't find any articles to back this up. The point being it would probably take that plus to land Nisbet in this window. Yet Nisbet has nowhere near the same experience as Flo and is completely unproven at this level. Yet it appears he is valued higher. So why would Rangers not be interested in Nisbet if he is a better player than Flo. When was the last time Rangers signed a striker worth £100k. I think everyone on here is selling Flo short.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    In any dealings with Rangers as well as Docherty coming to us I would be making the McCrorie bothers to us on loan being part of the deal for Kamberi. Won't happen but rate both of them.
    The one at Pompey is average, the goalie one is going to Livvi again I think

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Not sure where everyone is getting there valuation for Flo at around the 150k mark, he has to have a market value around the same as Boyler imo. I agree they're different types of player. However they are both established 1st team players who have both gained international recognition while representing our club. We had a £250k + £150k add on's bid in January rejected for Kevin Nisbet. I'm sure we went back with an improved offer before the deadline but I can't find any articles to back this up. The point being it would probably take that plus to land Nisbet in this window. Yet Nisbet has nowhere near the same experience as Flo and is completely unproven at this level. Yet it appears he is valued higher. So why would Rangers not be interested in Nisbet if he is a better player than Flo. When was the last time Rangers signed a striker worth £100k. I think everyone on here is selling Flo short.
    Boyle is a solid pro and a good character that a few clubs may be wanting, Flo on the other hand isn't great in the dressing room and has been bother with coaches in the past. I'd be delighted to get our money back and move on.

If Der Hun really want Flo, then make them pay a fair price.

£100k just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If Der Hun really want Flo, then make them pay a fair price.

£100k just doesn't cut it.
    If it was a straight swap there wouldn’t be any need for money to change hands. Kamberi doesn’t have a greater value than Docherty IMO.

I think the real stumbling block to any permanent deal would be how much Docherty would want to come here. He’d be giving up a bigger contract and leaving his boyhood club (even if he is extremely unlikely to get a game).