hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 436 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray sends 80% of his crosses out for a goal kick? Im sure you will be able to back this up.
    I doubt he will, it seems to have escaped him that his second sentence completely undermined the first one .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Id be buzzing if we could somehow get boyle to sign a new contract

A nucleus of Jackson, Porteous, boyle, Allan, hallberg, newell and doidge is decent if we supplement it with a couple quality signings (Docherty 🙏 plus a striker or 2, Full backs and another CB)

Plus the squad players like hanlon, lewy etc

Gray sends 80% of his crosses out for a goal kick? Im sure you will be able to back this up.
    Yeah, not surprised thats the only bit you replyed to.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

A nucleus of Jackson, Porteous, boyle, Allan, hallberg, newell and doidge is decent if we supplement it with a couple quality signings (Docherty plus a striker or 2, Full backs and another CB)

Hallberg hardly played second half of the season? We need midfielders up for a scrap, not sure he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

A nucleus of Jackson, Porteous, boyle, Allan, hallberg, newell and doidge is decent if we supplement it with a couple quality signings (Docherty 🙏 plus a striker or 2, Full backs and another CB)

Hallberg will be gone, Ross doesn't seem to rate him at all.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Hallberg will be gone, Ross doesn't seem to rate him at all.
    Doubt many players will be agreeing to their contract being terminated early.

He might not play much but I’d be surprised if he agreed to a pay off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Felt sorry for Hallberg, he got totally bombed after a bad 45mins against Hamilton. Up until then he had been playing well imo and didnt deserve to be totally out picture.

Maybe wasnt performing well in training

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Hallberg hardly played second half of the season? We need midfielders up for a scrap, not sure he is.

Agree again. He sounds the part, he’s done zero to show he’s even as good as Slivka.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Felt sorry for Hallberg, he got totally bombed after a bad 45mins against Hamilton. Up until then he had been playing well imo and didnt deserve to be totally out picture.

Maybe wasnt performing well in training
    He’s done nothing to stand out or show he’s a good player ever. He’s got a good contract so I wouldn’t feel sorry for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s done nothing to stand out or show he’s a good player ever. He’s got a good contract so I wouldn’t feel sorry for him.
    Another one in the ‘meh’ category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

We need quality players. ''Up for a scrap'' is what Livi need. We need quality and that involves more than kicking people.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Another one in the ‘meh’ category.
    Unfortunately yeah.

Hallberg was played out of position due the fact we didn't recruit a proper DM, he's a box2box player, our midfield this season has been a shambles. We've really struggled to find that combination in the middle since we had the 3 of McGinn/Dylan/Allan, it was always going to be hard to replace them as you'll never get like for like but even Allan apart from the odd brilliant pass has been pretty poor this season.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Hallberg was played out of position due the fact we didn't recruit a proper DM, he's a box2box player, our midfield this season has been a shambles. We've really struggled to find that combination in the middle since we had the 3 of McGinn/Dylan/Allan, it was always going to be hard to replace them as you'll never get like for like but even Allan apart from the odd brilliant pass has been pretty poor this season.
    Allan has had more goals than any other season of his career. He has certainly done more than the odd pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yeah, not surprised thats the only bit you replyed to.
    And im not surprised you cant answer the question.

And im not surprised you cant answer the question.
    Are you? You not surprised I cant go through 174 Hibs games, watching every cross made by Gray?

We need quality players. ''Up for a scrap'' is what Livi need. We need quality and that involves more than kicking people.
    You need midfielders who can put a bit of contact on when we are out of possession. Both McGeogh and Mcginn could do that. They were quality players as well.
    Players like Slivka, Hallberg, Mallan are good when we have the ball but when we need to get it back are hopeless. The have. Tendency to just run alongside players without actually attempting to win the ball back.
    Both us and Livi need players up for a scrap, we just need better quality ones. and bear in mind we finished below Livi with our quality players.

Another stonker of a hibs.net myth that Hallberg isn't good enough - The laddie had a poor 45mins against Hamilton after coming back from an injury and he's been written off by our support. Post Heckingbottom his performances were for the most part very good IMO, 3 that stand out for me below;

1-4 St Johnstone - Very good performance
    3-1 Motherwell - MOTM in this game - From various sources - Didn't miss a beat
    3-0 Aberdeen - Excellent performance pulling the strings in midfield.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Another stonker of a hibs.net myth that Hallberg isn't good enough - The laddie had a poor 45mins against Hamilton after coming back from an injury and he's been written off by our support. Post Heckingbottom his performances were for the most part very good IMO, 3 that stand out for me below;

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good to see I'm not alone!

Keep up the great work with the podcast bud, consistently brightens up my week.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good to see I'm not alone!

Keep up the great work with the podcast bud, consistently brightens up my week.
    Thanks chief. 👍🏻
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Is it a myth or just people’s opinions? I don’t think he’s a bad player but he’s still got a long way to go to prove he’s anything other than a squad player. At the moment I see him as Slivka MKII. I still don’t know what his role is as don’t think he’s a defensive mid (destroyer or dictator), nor a playmaker. A box to box player, maybe, but haven’t seen much of it (although in his defence he has been asked to play deeper)

👍

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hallberg is one of our best midfielders. Thought that was generally the consensus on here?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Hallberg is one of our best midfielders. Thought that was generally the consensus on here?
    I agree. I just don’t know where his best position is
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 28-05-2020 at 09:19 AM.

You’ve picked out some good games but, equally, you could pick out plenty of games where he was pretty anonymous.

I wouldn’t be writing him off but he certainly has a lot to prove. By all accounts, he was only playing the role he mostly played because we didn’t sign a player to play that position last year. But they need to figure out what his role in the team will be and he then needs to get some consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Is it a myth or just people’s opinions? I don’t think he’s a bad player but he’s still got a long way to go to prove he’s anything other than a squad player. At the moment I see him as Slivka MKII. I still don’t know what his role is as don’t think he’s a defensive mid (destroyer or dictator), nor a playmaker. A box to box player, maybe, but haven’t seen much of it (although in his defence he has been asked to play deeper)
    I think it becomes a myth when folk seem to reach a consensus of opinion. I think the comparison with Slivka is grossly unfair, Slivka had 3 seasons at Hibs and didn't put together any run of games that showed he was up to it, fleeting good performances against the OF aside.

Where does this obsession we've developed with roles come from? He's a central midfielder, he's a very good passer of the ball, a good athlete and he can take the ball in tight spaces and keep possession - He's not the complete player but we're Hibs we don't sign complete midfield players. I don't feel the need to define players with a role; box to box, playmaker, destroyer or otherwise. A central midfielder is a central midfielder.

Our issue in midfield was the balance.

Allan
    Mallan
    Hallberg
    Vela

Vela was just awful.

Allan and Mallan same role.
    Hallberg made to play CDM even though that’s not his best position.

We still don’t have a Bartley / Milligan replacement.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Are you? You not surprised I cant go through 174 Hibs games, watching every cross made by Gray?
    So why say he hits 80% of his crosses out of play then when you know it's a made up number? You weaken your decent point by including this statement.