hibs.net Messageboard

Page 245 of 436 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 13062
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Gerrard confirmed talks are ongoing so it doesn’t seem we’ve been “priced out” as the Sun were reporting. He also said it would definitely be a permanent if he leaves and not another loan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerrard confirmed talks are ongoing so it doesn’t seem we’ve been “priced out” as the Sun were reporting. He also said it would definitely be a permanent if he leaves and not another loan.
    Aye, at the end of the day, the huns want rid. McCrorie wants to come here. We want him to come here. Got a good feeling about this one given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Malberg! Must apologise to Melker

I do rate Hallberg as a player but think Mallan is more effective in the right position. I would agree we should play him as a 10.
    That's not easy though, Doidge, Nisbet, Mallan and potentially Allan and Boyle fitting in the front 3 of a 352?
    How else do we fit them in without compromising their strength. Boyle is more effective as winger but don't want him defending!
    I think in a 3-5-2 there's the space for a CAM behind 2 strikers with Doig and Boyle wide mid/wing backs. Allan and Mallan could rotate around that spot or neither of them could play in favour of a back 4. I think there's still a chance for Mallan in that type of system but he'll need to work hard at it. The good thing is we do have plenty of options for our current squad depending on the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Aye, at the end of the day, the huns want rid. McCrorie wants to come here. We want him to come here. Got a good feeling about this one given the circumstances.
    although expect a last minute bid by ha ha Hearts to derail the move to Hibs, like they tried with Nisbet.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    although expect a last minute bid by ha ha Hearts to derail the move to Hibs, like they tried with Nisbet.
    And Gogic...and Wright...how did that go again?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    I see hibs used the sell on clause as part of there bid , without knowing what it was perhaps a slight increase in that might be enough to persuade Rangers along with 50k more .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think we will get a deal done for McCrorie and if we do it will be a brilliant bit of business imo, very good player.

Big, athletic, good in the air and comfortable, albeit not amazing on the ball. I think a full season playing week in week out in centre mid would see him come in leaps and bounds too.

Him, Gogic, Newell, Allan, Mallan etc all have it in them to dominate the majority of teams in SPFL.

Regarding Mallan, with Allans form this season it wouldn’t surprise me if he came back and was playing the number 10 role - his best position.
    Gogic, McCrorie and Mallan sounds like a very static and unbalanced midfield which wont be able to control possession. A big step backwards in my opinion.

Not seen much of McCrorie at all and I'm in the camp that would prefer Docherty / Omeonga.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Nobody will choose Hearts over Hibs right now. All the good players will be snapped up by Premiership and English teams. Hearts league doesn't start until October so they're at the very bottom of the food chain and will have to feed off scraps. The likes of Sam Nicholson turning them down for Craggy Island reserves says it all. Taking Forest Green cast offs on trial is where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I see hibs used the sell on clause as part of there bid , without knowing what it was perhaps a slight increase in that might be enough to persuade Rangers along with 50k more .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I hope you are right however not sure that would be enough to bridge a significant gap in respective valuations if that is genuinely the case.

Celtic to confirm Albian Ajeti signing tomorrow as Hoops seal £5m permanent deal for West Ham striker

https://t.co/nSr4kd2t6d https://t.co/rViPZqGQ00

Hibs won't pay more than 200k-300k, they know that, so if talks are ongoing it might be more to do with sell-on fees. Wouldn't want a buy-back arrangement but it wouldn't trouble me if they asked for a whopping 50% and 50% of a future sell-on we receive.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Hibs won't pay more than 200k-300k, they know that, so if talks are ongoing it might be more to do with sell-on fees. Wouldn't want a buy-back arrangement but it wouldn't trouble me if they asked for a whopping 50% and 50% of a future sell-on we receive.
    Maybe a larger % of profit ie if we are paying £200k, and sell for £800,000 then we get our £200k back in full, then split a higher % of the £600k profit? Works for me

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    So Mcrorie can play centre back, dcm, right back and keeper?
    And goalie 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    50% of any profit we make would be fine for me. We then get the sell on to the next club.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    And goalie 👍
    Ha ha, that’s his brother

@hibs.net private member
    Why wouldn’t it trouble you? we have to be spending that amount of money with an eye on making him better and selling him on for profit, say our ceiling is £4m for a top player going by past sales, you’d happily give rangers close to £2.3m for a player absolutely no where near there first team squad...even in a time where we can use more subs?

It wasn’t long ago rangers thought it was totally acceptable to be offering £100k for a first team striker of ours, or it wasn’t that long ago they where offering 50k up front plus ridiculous add ons like champs league qualification for scott allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Old enough to remember the school playground football term "Goalie and".

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Why wouldn’t it trouble you? we have to be spending that amount of money with an eye on making him better and selling him on for profit, say our ceiling is £4m for a top player going by past sales, you’d happily give rangers close to £2.3m for a player absolutely no where near there first team squad...even in a time where we can use more subs?

It wasn’t long ago rangers thought it was totally acceptable to be offering £100k for a first team striker of ours, or it wasn’t that long ago they where offering 50k up front plus ridiculous add ons like champs league qualification for scott allan.
    If McCrorie made a massive contribution for a couple of seasons and we made a £1.7m profit, I'd be cock-a-hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post

Those deals did not get done though. If we want this deal to happen then we are going to have to give a little in the negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone saying what a difference Gogic has made so far. And we have a good squad with multiple options for different set-ups and cover for injuries, other than for Gogic as a DM. Is that McCrorie's role?
    Sounds like a versatile squad player to have but if anyone is to go if he comes in I'd rather it was Halberg (Horgan off the hook - for now) than Mallan who, as others have said, can be rotated with Allan, esp when he is in an off-form spell.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I don’t see us spending upwards of 200k on a player that won’t start every week. In the midfield alongside Gogic and Newell is my guess.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Everyone saying what a difference Gogic has made so far. And we have a good squad with multiple options for different set-ups and cover for injuries, other than for Gogic as a DM. Is that McCrorie's role?
    Sounds like a versatile squad player to have but if anyone is to go if he comes in I'd rather it was Halberg (Horgan off the hook - for now) than Mallan who, as others have said, can be rotated with Allan, esp when he is in an off-form spell.
    Hallberg has come on in every game so far, Ross clearly rates him enough to trust him to help us see out games so I can't see him leaving. More like Murray and Stirling.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    It looks like from a depth point of view, Allan, Mallan and Horgan can play that attacking mid position; Newell and Hallberg can play the centre mid position; Gogic (and McCrorie if signed) can play the defensive mid position.

For me I don't think we're far away. If we get McCrorie in, I'd maybe be looking at bringing in a loan or two just to provide depth, maybe another winger. If Boyle leaves, then we would need to replace/bring in suitable quality. My preference would be to try and sign Ross Stewart.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t see us spending upwards of 200k on a player that won’t start every week. In the midfield alongside Gogic and Newell is my guess.
    Will keep Hanlon, Porto, gogic and newall on their toes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Just seen online that Bristol City captain Korey Smith has left, could be a good signing on a free transfer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He played in goal against us at Ibrox too I think 🧐 mc****ger lost the plot as per and kicked out at Mcnulty.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t see him being desperate to join unless he’s persuaded he’s a big part of the plans as a certain starter if good enough.

McCrorie is good enough to start every week.

Spoke to a few rangers fans last night. They rate mccrorie very highly. Better in midfield than at the back. Gives 110% every game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Those deals did not get done though. If we want this deal to happen then we are going to have to give a little in the negotiations.

Yeah if we want him we’ll need to negotiate but something like 50% sell on as the poster I replied to suggested is in my opinion way too much.

Those deals didn’t get done but I’m highlighting a double standard as the 2 players I mentioned where first team players and involved every week Mcrorie is not and is nowhere near it for rangers how can they expect premium cash?