hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 436 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Zero to chat about transfer wise so as usual it becomes the get ripped into a few of our players thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hes under contract, he has the only say.
    That's true he is under contract, but what is he going do! Sit there till his contract runs out & walk away for free. I don't think he'll get any game time there. Him, Barker or Middleton for that matter. If he goes back he'll get put out on loan again, so what can he say really even if he is under contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    That's true he is under contract, but what is he going do! Sit there till his contract runs out & walk away for free. I don't think he'll get any game time there. Him, Barker or Middleton for that matter. If he goes back he'll get put out on loan again, so what can he say really even if he is under contract.
    He can do exactly what u have said in your post, sit and run down his contract regardless of wether they want him to agree to void his contract or if they want him to go out on loan, he can reject both options and sit in the reserves and pick up a wage, not that I am saying he should do that but it’s entirely his choice. The club either needs to wait for the contract to end or hope he breaches something in the contract which gives them the right to terminate it. Once players sign contracts they, unfortunately, have the vast majority of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    He can do exactly what u have said in your post, sit and run down his contract regardless of wether they want him to agree to void his contract or if they want him to go out on loan, he can reject both options and sit in the reserves and pick up a wage, not that I am saying he should do that but it’s entirely his choice. The club either needs to wait for the contract to end or hope he breaches something in the contract which gives them the right to terminate it. Once players sign contracts they, unfortunately, have the vast majority of power.
    I doubt Docherty is going to do that though, he is professional and ambitious. He will need to be realistic, although he has said he wants stay at Rangers it's probably not the best option for his development. He really needs to weigh up his options carefully.

I doubt Docherty is going to do that though, he is professional and ambitious. He will need to be realistic, although he has said he wants stay at Rangers it's probably not the best option for his development. He really needs to weigh up his options carefully.
    Going to or staying at Rangers is often not the best choice for someone. Plenty still do it

@hibs.net private member
    I agree that it’s not the best option for his progression, but that’s pretty irrelevant if the player is determined to stay, it’s upto him and him alone unfortunately.

😂
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    😂
    Silly season!

£10 million and it’s a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    😂
    Don't Turkish clubs have a track record of offering players silly money and then just not paying it? He should steer clear.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Article claims German teams are watching him as well which wouldn’t be as far fetched with that Bates going to Hamburg recently and so many English young players heading there.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If this is true I want silly money offered before we even think about it

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Article claims German teams are watching him as well which wouldn’t be as far fetched with that Bates going to Hamburg recently and so many English young players heading there.
    Did Bates not end up at Sheffield Wednesday on loan and not get a game. Agreed though Germany looks like a good place to learn your trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Did Bates not end up at Sheffield Wednesday on loan and not get a game. Agreed though Germany looks like a good place to learn your trade.
    Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Proved it back in the 80's

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If this is true I want silly money offered before we even think about it
    £3 million?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    £3 million?
    Even sillier.

His deal runs until 2023 and he’s one of Scotland’s brightest prospects. Chuck a hooped shirt on him and they’d be asking for £20m

It’s time we started inflating the price of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Even sillier.

His deal runs until 2023 and he’s one of Scotland’s brightest prospects. Chuck a hooped shirt on him and they’d be asking for £20m

It’s time we started inflating the price of our players.
    Totally agree.

If Aberdeen can demand £7million for that buddy McKenna than Porteous has got to be going for more.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What a load of pish... they'd have struggled to watch much of him for the past 12 months! He like any good young player will be on their scouting list.

where’s Gary Hooper these days

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday last I knew.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't want to lose him but I think a spell in Germany would be brilliant for his development. He's a great prospect but is still very raw and it would be the perfect place for him to learn the more technical sides of the game.

Totally agree.

If Aberdeen can demand £7million for that buddy McKenna than Porteous has got to be going for more.
    Why does he have to be more?

Why does he have to be more?
    He’s better than McKenna imo

Hes far better than him. McKenna must be the most over rated player in Scotland.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    Playing part of the game for Wellington Phoenix in the A League.

Oh. Dunno if thats true. He is our 3rd choice central defender. I haven't seen much of McKenna but Porteous isn't worth half of 7 million.

Barker - Of course he’s a good player with a lot of potential however he is made of glass and is very rarely fit. If he was to come to us it would have to be a cheap deal or pay as you play which I can’t see him wanting.

Porteous - All the potential too but he really needs to stop making the same stupid mistakes and rash challenges. The bad tackles completely ruin his reputation and put a dent on how good a player he is. Not worth 7m but neither was McKenna imo. I’m not the biggest fan of McKenna but he is solid and reliable...Porteous needs a full season injury free and consistent before he gets to this imo.

Oh. Dunno if thats true. He is our 3rd choice central defender. I haven't seen much of McKenna but Porteous isn't worth half of 7 million.
    It doesn’t really matter though, because if Aberdeen say McKenna is worth that, why can’t we say what Porto is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    What a load of pish... they'd have struggled to watch much of him for the past 12 months! He like any good young player will be on their scouting list.
    Is the correct answer.
    Every good young player in Europe and probably the World will be on the lists of and monitored to some extent by Europe's big clubs. They are all looking for potential to buy cheap, develop further and use in their team before selling for a big profit. Porteous fits the profile.

He could take a chance and go elsewhere 1 or 2 years down the track or he could stay and become the new Mr Hibs.
    My only fear for Porto is his knee injuries. His knee might never be totally right again or could be a recurring issue throughout his career. Fingers firmly crossed on that one.
    As usual time will give us all the answers.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 29-05-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Another stonker of a hibs.net myth that Hallberg isn't good enough - The laddie had a poor 45mins against Hamilton after coming back from an injury and he's been written off by our support. Post Heckingbottom his performances were for the most part very good IMO, 3 that stand out for me below;

1-4 St Johnstone - Very good performance
    3-1 Motherwell - MOTM in this game - From various sources - Didn't miss a beat
    3-0 Aberdeen - Excellent performance pulling the strings in midfield.
    Absolutely is good enough.

Was being played out of position to make up for our lack of a defensive midfielder.