hibs.net Messageboard

Page 144 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Belter from Kickback

"They've spent 850k on two strikers over the past two years. 500k for Tap-in Tommy and 350k for Roy Chubby.

Meanwhile we got Naismith, Washington and Boyce for the grand total of around 250k (boyce was the only one we paid a fee for i believe). They must be spewing".

One of us got relegated. Spewing lol.
    Doidge alone must have more SPL goals than all of those guys last season, right?

Its amazing how far that lot are from reality. I have plenty of debates on here with people I disagree with but there is always logic behind their thinking. Over there, there is absolutely no common sense or brains applied at all. They are genuinely thick.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Doidge alone must have more SPL goals than all of those guys last season, right?

Its amazing how far that lot are from reality. I have plenty of debates on here with people I disagree with but there is always logic behind their thinking. Over there, there is absolutely no common sense or brains applied at all. They are genuinely thick.
    Denial and delusion

Belter from Kickback

"They've spent 850k on two strikers over the past two years. 500k for Tap-in Tommy and 350k for Roy Chubby.

Meanwhile we got Naismith, Washington and Boyce for the grand total of around 250k (boyce was the only one we paid a fee for i believe). They must be spewing".

Priceless..... o and how many goals between them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belter from Kickback

Can guarantee Doidge and Nisbet haven't cost us those amounts and I wonder how much Boyce, Washington and Naismith are rimming them for per week

First Team Breakthrough
    Belter from Kickback

Surely that's a wind-up? Or is it referring to some team other than Hibs? We haven't spent £500k on anyone and if the writer thinks that Doidge is fat or in any other way resembles Roy Chubby Brown then they really are living in some bizarre alternate reality.

As for the goal stats for last season: Doidge = 18; Naismith = 5; Washington = 4; Boyce = 16 (including 14 with Burton Albion). I wonder what the £s to goals ratio is for Naismith.

Belter from Kickback

I don't even understand who they are talking about.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I don't even understand who they are talking about.
    I'm assuming they're meaning Doidge (tap in Tommy) and Nisbet (Roy Chubby).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    I'm assuming they're meaning Doidge (tap in Tommy) and Nisbet (Roy Chubby).
    I thought it was Kamberi & Doidge but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I thought it was Kamberi & Doidge but who knows!
    Nisbet and Doidge.

The latest Kickback fact is that Nisbet is fat.

And, naturally, Doidge’s ability to put the ball in the net from inside the box is a bad thing.

I like that logic.

Take largest reported fee at the time and double it for effect. Genius.

The guys over on Kickback are beyond delusion.

They've been the worst side in the country for a year and a half, yet despite this are singing all their players praises and would make you believe Sean Clare is one of the best players in the country.

We have paid nowhere near 850k for Doidge and Nisbet, probably closer to 350-400k. Do they think guys like Washington, Naismith and Bryce are on low wages with no transfer fee? Behave

They may have good players on paper but the fact of the matter is football is played on grass and they’ve been hopeless. Doidge must have scored more than every hearts striker combined last season.

For anyone querying if Nisbet is fat, go on his Instagram - he’s ripped.

Belter from Kickback

Naismith, Boyce and Washington 10goals
    Doidge 14 goals

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Naismith, Boyce and Washington 10goals
    Doidge 14 goals
    Not to mention they got relegated.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Tap in Tommy

Yeah cause John Robertson's goals were all outside the box eh ?

Numbskulls

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    For anyone querying if Nisbet is fat, go on his Instagram - he’s ripped.
    I think that it is a known fact that Kevin Nisbet was a little less than professional when at Partick. Hence not achieving the level his talent merits and getting binned.

He was given the chance of redemption at Raith and improved his attitude. He then took it to the next level with Dunfermline.

If anything, the penny has dropped with the lad that he needs to have a proper level of fitness to progress up the football ladder and that fitness has to be maintained.

It seems to me that Hibs have signed a very talented striker who has learnt the hard way about fitness and is now totally focused.

So he might have been "fat" at one time but that is not now. Not like Jambos to make things up.

@hibs.net private member
    Unless we are getting Docherty or a healthy transfer fee I would be happy to keep Flo. Along with Nisbet, Doidge, and Gullane we would have great forwards next year and if he hits top form he is possibly one of the best forwards outside the OF.
    Last edited by Paul1642; 14-07-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Unless we are getting Docherty or a healthy transfer fee I would be happy to keep Flo. Along with Nisbet, Doidge, Nisbet and Gullane we would have great forwards next year and if he hits top form he is possibly one of the best forwards outside the OF.
    Nisbet, Nisbet so good you named him twice
    Nisbet, Nisbet all the scandal and the vice

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Nisbet, Nisbet so good you named him twice
    Nisbet, Nisbet all the scandal and the vice
    Amended now :)

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Nisbet and Doidge.

The latest Kickback fact is that Nisbet is fat.

And, naturally, Doidge’s ability to put the ball in the net from inside the box is a bad thing.
    It's a very bad thing at the Tiny PBS, where they prefer forwards who can't put the ball in the net at all.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's a very bad thing at the Tiny PBS, where they prefer forwards who can't put the ball in the net at all.
    It’s not the forwards fault that every time they shoot - the ball is expelled from the net.

Court action will follow regarding this scandal!!

It's always been his dream to play for St Gallen so he'll be pushing for it
    St Gallen are a smaller club than Hibs with average attendances of less than 14,000.
    UEFA club coefficient: Scotland 14th best league and Switzerland 18th.
    Backward step for the big time player.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 14-07-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    I think that it is a known fact that Kevin Nisbet was a little less than professional when at Partick. Hence not achieving the level his talent merits and getting binned.

He was given the chance of redemption at Raith and improved his attitude. He then took it to the next level with Dunfermline.

If anything, the penny has dropped with the lad that he needs to have a proper level of fitness to progress up the football ladder and that fitness has to be maintained.

It seems to me that Hibs have signed a very talented striker who has learnt the hard way about fitness and is now totally focused.

So he might have been "fat" at one time but that is not now. Not like Jambos to make things up.
    He mentions his attitude during his interview on YouTube, very honest about it which is good to see.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post

Lots in common with Shankland. Ended up at Dundee United because of his attitude when lots of other clubs were looking at him and got his head down, worked away and has now made himself a proper star for United.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Lots in common with Shankland. Ended up at Dundee United because of his attitude when lots of other clubs were looking at him and got his head down, worked away and has now made himself a proper star for United.
    Ayr was were Shankland made his name. Otherwise yeah, similar story.

So two and a half weeks until kick off and a few bounce games scheduled do we think we may get another body or 2 in this week or will we be waiting to move a couple of players out?

When are the squad numbers likely to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    So two and a half weeks until kick off and a few bounce games scheduled do we think we may get another body or 2 in this week or will we be waiting to move a couple of players out?

When are the squad numbers likely to be announced?
    Not sure we’ll rush to do anything else before the season starts.

What we have won’t get us through the season but we can make a positive start to the season with it. I can imagine those we have signed (particularly Nisbet and Gogic) being our absolute top targets so I think we’ll try to get the likes of Kamberi and James out and wait to see what becomes available.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Ayr was were Shankland made his name. Otherwise yeah, similar story.
    He came to the attention of clubs north and south of the border at Ayr and seemingly the only club to come in with a concrete offer for him were Dundee United. His attitude has been much improved this year and his next move will be big money.

Goes to show that a poor attitude can genuinely hold you back in football irrelevant of the ability.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It seems to have gone fairly quiet about Boyle's future. If it was up to me, I'd love him to stay of course, but can't see the club letting him go for nothing next summer. Hope we're trying to organise an extension - similar to what we did with Cummings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    It seems to have gone fairly quiet about Boyle's future. If it was up to me, I'd love him to stay of course, but can't see the club letting him go for nothing next summer. Hope we're trying to organise an extension - similar to what we did with Cummings.
    I think JR will be concerned that Boyle is not being offered a contract extension. It gives the impression that the board want to invite offers and recoup some cash? If so, it's a poor decision in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    All potential suitors cutting their cloth, he'd probably get a better contract next summer.