Page 83 of 436 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 13062
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nisbet for Kamberi job done
    Dunfermline FC are not that stupid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can i just say I don't want Gullan to go anywhere I wasn't proposing a swap or loan I was just saying I think he'd be the only make way in a deal for nisbet 😁 I think it will be cash or nothing and more likely to be nothing

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Nesbit has scored some goals for Dunfermline. He's 23 and not scored in any of the top leagues. Gullan is still only 20. All ive seen of Nesbit has been on Youtube. Ive seen enough of Gullan to know he will score plenty once he gets his chance. For me we really need to give Gullan a chance rather than potentially spending 350k on an unproven striker.
    It's all about opinions mate and I get that and to be honest I've not seen much of both of them. What I did see Nesbit impressed me a lot and he won't ever score goals at a higher level unless he gets the chance. I'm aware of how highly rated Gullan is at the training centre and the guys like yourself and Billy who watch a lot of the young team plus he was doing well with Raith in league one. I would still prefer to take a chance with Nesbit who at 23 is still young and he's improved massively in the last two seasons and there's nothing to say he can't step up again this season.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    It's all about opinions mate and I get that and to be honest I've not seen much of both of them. What I did see Nesbit impressed me a lot and he won't ever score goals at a higher level unless he gets the chance. I'm aware of how highly rated Gullan is at the training centre and the guys like yourself and Billy who watch a lot of the young team plus he was doing well with Raith in league one. I would still prefer to take a chance with Nesbit who at 23 is still young and he's improved massively in the last two seasons and there's nothing to say he can't step up again this season.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Yes good shout...i've seen Nesbit twice in the flesh and he looks like the sort of young hungry player that would fit the profile of one of our most successful recent signings, McGinn. He's got the attributes I like in a Hibs' player too, quick and direct.

I know Whitty was a free agent, but I was thinking today that can Hibs not look to offer Dunfermline one or two of our fringe players in part-swap/part cash deal for him?

With Kamberi's loan deal now extended, we're back to one recognised established forward in Doidge, and Gullan as the only other option.

The club have had an unexpected financial boost in the last weeks with the leap of faith by the fans with the uptake in HSL contributions.

It's not too much to ask the club to reciprocate in the form of a couple of decent signings?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Yes good shout...i've seen Nesbit twice in the flesh and he looks like the sort of young hungry player that would fit the profile of one of our most successful recent signings, McGinn. He's got the attributes I like in a Hibs' player too, quick and direct.

I know Whitty was a free agent, but I was thinking today that can Hibs not look to offer Dunfermline one or two of our fringe players in part-swap/part cash deal for him?

With Kamberi's loan deal now extended, we're back to one recognised established forward in Doidge, and Gullan as the only other option.

The club have had an unexpected financial boost in the last weeks with the leap of faith by the fans with the uptake in HSL contributions.

It's not too much to ask the club to reciprocate in the form of a couple of decent signings?
    Kamberi's loan deal hasn't been extended.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Would far sooner we gave minutes to Gullan, this season is a massive opportunity for us to give a few really promising kids some game time, and for the 'academy' to prove it's worth. If we can afford Nisbet and get him for a fair price then great, but I wouldn't want us spending money in an area in which I think we've got enough to get by, when there are more pressing areas that need sorted.

BTW, his name is Nisbet.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    My bad...I can't see him being here at the start of the season though, or if he is I don't think his heart will be in it.

My point still stands...other teams are signing players, and they're having to deal with effects of Covid too. With 9k plus season tickets sold and the windfall of the HSL contributions the club have got to be a bit more active in the transfer market than they appear to be at the moment.

i really hope we're not going to be going down the road of loan retreads that's been a feature of the last couple of windows.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    It hasn’t, it was false news yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Would far sooner we gave minutes to Gullan, this season is a massive opportunity for us to give a few really promising kids some game time, and for the 'academy' to prove it's worth. If we can afford Nisbet and get him for a fair price then great, but I wouldn't want us spending money in an area in which I think we've got enough to get by, when there are more pressing areas that need sorted.

BTW, his name is Nisbet.
    No sure about having enough to get by up front. Really, we have one proven striker in Doidge and that’s it. Boyle will do you a job but that means you lose your best winger. And then there is the untried Gullan, who I hope gets minutes and proves himself but I wouldn’t want to go in to the season relying on it.

Normal circumstances I’d be looking for us to strengthen at the back but with the contracted players we have I think it’ll be a case of going with what we’ve got.

Middle of the park is the obvious gap.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    To be fair, the description was 'most successful captain', rather than 'best ever' - they're not one and the same.

I would agree that Billy McNeil is still that captain (best), and he played in a far tougher era than Scott Brown has. Never the less, SB's record and trophies will be one of the most decorated ever (in Scottish football) I would assume
    And his most impressive is his 2007 league cup winners medal.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I assume this boy has heard a rumour down there about this, couldn’t find anything else on it. Centre half wouldn’t be a priority I don’t think, unless someone is leaving. Sidney Nelson from Tranmere can be added to the vague/random transfer rumour list.

https://twitter.com/gingerarse/statu...793974785?s=21

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I assume this boy has heard a rumour down there about this, couldn’t find anything else on it. Centre half wouldn’t be a priority I don’t think, unless someone is leaving. Sidney Nelson from Tranmere can be added to the vague/random transfer rumour list.

https://twitter.com/gingerarse/statu...793974785?s=21
    That daft twitter page HibernianFans posted (so presumably made up) the rumour earlier.

Won’t be anything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That daft twitter page HibernianFans posted (so presumably made up) the rumour earlier.

Won’t be anything in it.
    Ah, I hadn’t seen it. Got them blocked.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ah, I hadn’t seen it. Got them blocked.
    Thing is, there’ll be times they pick up a rumour elsewhere and report it so might turn out to be true.

Can’t see it anywhere else though so doubt that’s the case on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thing is, there’ll be times they pick up a rumour elsewhere and report it so might turn out to be true.

Can’t see it anywhere else though so doubt that’s the case on this occasion.
    I can’t believe I’ve been caught out by one of their nonesense rumours without even reading it tbh. Ridiculous.

Is there any news on Gogic... are we signing him, has he been in training this week, would appreciate a heads up on the situation.
    Last edited by badabing67; 30-06-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Presumably we are waiting for players taking a wage cut before we see incomings - and probably the reason Drey Wright is on day 9 of a medical.

Not heard about the wage cuts for a while, would have thought it would have been resolved one way or another by now.

BTW, his name is Nisbet.
    Going to be a nightmare if we have Nesbitt, Allen, Mallon and Dodgie in the same side 😉
    Last edited by Since452; 30-06-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Going to be a nightmare if we have Nesbitt, Allen, Mallon and Dodgie in the same side 😉
    Should've kept Shaw, nobody could get that wrong

Yeah I liked Olly

I believe spelling was the main reason we let mcgoosh join Aberdeen

Not sure how some folks coped with the late 00's

Szamotulski
    Noubissie
    Antoine-Curier
    Malkowski
    Gathuessi
    Makabu-Makalambay

The list goes on..

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar

BTW, his name is Nisbet.
    If our Development Team is being wound up, even temporarily, that means we will be losing promising players. I would imagine this would mean losing a lot of potential for the future. Would it make sense to loan out as many "prospects" as we can to teams like Dumfy, maybe to help get Nesbitt? I know that we will probably end up still paying a chunk of wages, but if we genuinely think some of these guys will make it, it makes sense to keep hold of them, release the rest and keep their development going elsewhere. You are maybe not cutting costs so much, but you are still cutting a large chunk and helping secure new players and hopefully future players when they come back to us.

Not sure how some folks coped with the late 00's

Szamotulski
    Noubissie
    Antoine-Curier
    Malkowski
    Gathuessi
    Makabu-Makalambay

The list goes on..
    Pretty sure Szamotulski was a good keeper. The rest, yeah, pretty rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    If our Development Team is being wound up, even temporarily, that means we will be losing promising players. I would imagine this would mean losing a lot of potential for the future. Would it make sense to loan out as many "prospects" as we can to teams like Dumfy, maybe to help get Nesbitt? I know that we will probably end up still paying a chunk of wages, but if we genuinely think some of these guys will make it, it makes sense to keep hold of them, release the rest and keep their development going elsewhere. You are maybe not cutting costs so much, but you are still cutting a large chunk and helping secure new players and hopefully future players when they come back to us.
    The best of the development team get lent out every year already. Most are not good enough for Dunfermline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He was top notch. Shame he wasn't here longer.

Something is telling me Antoine-Curier wasnt that bad. Wasnt great either though. Im sure he had a few good games. Did he not end up scoring against us for Hamilton?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Aye he was decent from memory. The Monk

Agreed. Very good keeper.