hibs.net Messageboard

Championship Next Season

If they are able to play lower league football next season, what would you like to see happen in the Championship. It wasn't the strongest/most competitive of leagues this year compared to previous years but Caley do seem to be improving and I think Dundee may have needed a year for things to settle.

So who would you like to win it/what you like to happen/what would be funniest?

- Caley Thistle to win the league with the Hammer of Hibs, and Hearts legend, John Robertson in charge?

- Berra captaining Dundee to the title with ex-Hibs captain James McPake in charge?

- Ex-Hearts manager, and style icon, the on fleek John McGlynn having the fans dancing in the streets of Raith with a second successive title?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope it works out for McPake. Inverness can bolt.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I want Hearts to struggle, same way we did when we went down. I honestly wouldn't mind if they got promoted at the end of it though. They'll be significantly weaker, and I enjoy the derby.

A couple seasons down there would be optimum.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Dunfermline to win the league and Hearts to go down to League 1 via the playoffs

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I hope it does not start at all, i hope the league is cancelled until such times as it is safe enough for crowds to come back.

And if that means the gimps go bankrupt and die, well i will just have to put up with that, as sad as it would be.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Last day of the season, Hearts need a point at Dens to secure automatic promotion.

With the score at 0–0, Jamie MacLaren (complete with tache) comes off the bench to score a late double and Dundee go up instead.

It later transpires that Dundee's email of MacLaren's registration never arrived at SPFL HQ and therefore he was ineligible, but everyone involved just guffaws and carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunfermline to win the league and Hearts to go down to League 1 via the playoffs
    Being defeated by 9 man Partick on penalties aet

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I hope it does not start at all, i hope the league is cancelled until such times as it is safe enough for crowds to come back.

And if that means the gimps go bankrupt and die, well i will just have to put up with that, as sad as it would be.

That might be nearer the truth than you think, maybe the SPL will be the only league that is capable of testing players.

@hibs.net private member
    I've a contact with a member of staff from Ayr Utd. Their plan for season 2020/21 regarding player contracts is vastly reduced £X amount if/when playing behind closed doors and £X amount when fans return to the terraces.

Likely to be a take it or leave it offer for existing players/new signings if any are made.

They will continue to utilise the loan market - they have been signing Old Firm players on loan in recent seasons, I wonder if the current situation could benefit teams like us sending players on loan to championship clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I've a contact with a member of staff from Ayr Utd. Their plan for season 2020/21 regarding player contracts is vastly reduced £X amount if/when playing behind closed doors and £X amount when fans return to the terraces.

Likely to be a take it or leave it offer for existing players/new signings if any are made.

They will continue to utilise the loan market - they have been signing Old Firm players on loan in recent seasons, I wonder if the current situation could benefit teams like us sending players on loan to championship clubs.
    Now if I didn't know better I could surmise you want to loan our players to Hurtz rivals to hinder their attempts at un-expulsion😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Now if I didn't know better I could surmise you want to loan our players to Hurtz rivals to hinder their attempts at un-expulsion😉
    Clearly an added bonus - my main thoughts were giving players experience in a lower league when many teams possibly won't be making as many permanent signings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Clearly an added bonus - my main thoughts were giving players experience in a lower league when many teams possibly won't be making as many permanent signings etc.
    Well if no offers are forthcoming for him, I'm more than happy to loan Kamberi to someone to put him in the shop window

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Last day of the season, Hearts need a point at Dens to secure automatic promotion.

With the score at 0–0, Jamie MacLaren (complete with tache) comes off the bench to score a late double and Dundee go up instead.

It later transpires that Dundee's email of MacLaren's registration never arrived at SPFL HQ and therefore he was ineligible, but everyone involved just guffaws and carries on.
    I never even considered the possibility of them losing the league at Dens Park. That would be too much

I have serious doubts whether the Championship will actually take place next season.

Tiny TV money and no fans for the first 6 months would mean players would have to practically play for nothing to make it viable. As daft as that sounds a fair few would probably do so to put themselves in the shop window. If so then there is a good chance all teams would need to be part time.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the lower leagues are all mothballed for a year, starting up again in August 2021.

If they do play again this year they'll be clocking up a few miles to support their team. The ones that aren't boycotting that is

With the exception of Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and perhaps Alloa they're all a bit of a hike.......

Dunfermline - 19 miles
    Raith Rovers - 25 miles
    Alloa - 35 miles
    Dundee - 62 miles
    Morton - 67 miles
    Arbroath - 75 miles
    Ayr Utd - 79 miles
    Queen of the South - 83 miles
    ICT - 155 miles

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I have serious doubts whether the Championship will actually take place next season.

Tiny TV money and no fans for the first 6 months would mean players would have to practically play for nothing to make it viable. As daft as that sounds a fair few would probably do so to put themselves in the shop window. If so then there is a good chance all teams would need to be part time.
    I'm nearly there.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Being defeated by 9 man Partick on penalties aet
    ... those 9 men all being ex-St Mirren players.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 19-05-2020 at 05:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Got me in tears now BH.

The last day of the season will see Levein's Hearts at home to Dundee, only needing a draw to win the division. Instead they lose 2-0 and the automatic promotion spot goes to Robertson's Inverness.

All is not lost however as Hearts still finish second and get a bye to the second round of the playoffs where they eventually edge past eight-man Arbroath 3-2 on penalties before losing 7-0 on aggregate to St Mirren.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The last day of the season will see Levein's Hearts at home to Dundee, only needing a draw to win the division. Instead they lose 2-0 and the automatic promotion spot goes to Robertson's Inverness.

All is not lost however as Hearts still finish second and get a bye to the second round of the playoffs where they eventually edge past eight-man Arbroath 3-2 on penalties before losing 7-0 on aggregate to St Mirren.
    Obika hattrick for St Mirren?

This

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool Championship next season

Dunfemline are the only team that are not on the coast

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This
    I would prefer that the league was started. Hearts got off to a terrible start as they have wasted all their time on reconstruction. They find a bit of form and close the gap to second bottom on goal difference.
    Leagues get called again and they get relegated on goal difference.
    Imagine the squealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

With the exception of Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and perhaps Alloa they're all a bit of a hike.......

Dunfermline - 19 miles
    Raith Rovers - 25 miles
    Alloa - 35 miles
    Dundee - 62 miles
    Morton - 67 miles
    Arbroath - 75 miles
    Ayr Utd - 79 miles
    Queen of the South - 83 miles
    ICT - 155 miles

Hearts new club song...

"I would walk six hundred miles,
    and I would walk six hundred more,
    to be the man that watched the Jam Tarts,
    scrape around the basement floor"

p.s. Yes, I am sad enough to have added that up ;-)
    Last edited by Keith_M; 20-05-2020 at 09:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Can see next years league games getting cancelled early and not being able to finish, if Corvus 19 comes back and we are stuck into
    a second wave of lockdown. Hearts are second top and miss out on promotion as Dundee come up and they end up spending another year in the championship.

However BH’s scenario is much better as this would annoy the poo out of them even more knowing they were expelled and not relegated and the big bad boys did it too them.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan7 View Post
    Dunfemline are the only team that are not on the coast
    Have Queen of the South moved from Dumfries 🤔 ?

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Have Queen of the South moved from Dumfries 🤔 ?
    ...same as Alloa?

...same as Alloa?
    Thats on the coast in the south seas !